C803F31E-D2C2-4796-97EA-6B59FE023BDA (resized).jpeg
AFMr 5 (resized).jpg
AFMr 4 (resized).jpg
AFMr 2 (resized).jpg
AFMr 3 (resized).jpg
AFMr 1 (resized).jpg
8D873A3F-B18E-487A-832C-0F1C7334BA7E (resized).jpeg
C4EEB581-D3D4-4551-BD87-BA0CC6FB61CC (resized).jpeg
There are 697 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 14.
#151 6 years ago
Quoted from huo:

Are LEs still available? The leds on the mini saucers are super cool.

I have a few left http://pinballpro.net/shop/afmle/

Greg
pinballpro.com

#152 6 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Guy:

SOL HOLE UPDATE: I decided to open a ticket with CGC over the weekend for the SOL hole protector, if for no other reason as to make sure they are aware of the problem, and they called me this morning to discuss the issue. What I was told is that one of their engineers had already identified this as a potential problem when the first playfields were being assembled and they have already taken action to correct the issue. As for my machine, they are sending me a new hole protector that should be tall enough to provide the proper protection for this area.
If you find that you have a gap larger than 1/64" between the top of the protector and top of the playfield, you may want to consider opening a support ticket in order to receive a replacement.

Kudos to CGC! Thanks for listening to customer feedback and taking action Doug.

#153 6 years ago
Quoted from huo:

Are LEs still available? The leds on the mini saucers are super cool.

With 1000 being made, I think there will be plenty to go round.

#154 6 years ago

I got mine from Tommy at nitro. Running great.

I upgraded the lighting and did black powder.

20170620_153055 (resized).jpg20170620_153055 (resized).jpg

Pure dark room after:
afterafter

Pure dark room before:
beforebefore

#155 6 years ago

Since I almost got reprimanded for posting a box, I had to get this going.

These are my particular first impression pros/cons after ONE game, it's late and I got work to do!

Cons (these are minor/cosmetic):
My cab was dusty like it just came out from the mill - no biggie, it will be just as dusty in a few weeks in my garage
Plunger coil was a bit weak, couldn't make it all around the first few shots
Flippers misaligned
Glass needs anti-rattle tape (I LOVE IT LOUD!)
Metallic washers as slingshot protectors (ball chippers)
No goodie bag? (It wasn't too obvious, maybe it's stapled in the cab)

Pros (the holy shit dept.):
Delivery! I put in my deposit a few days after I had played the game at PAGG, that was a month ago! I was not expecting to hear a squeak until Christmas, this year if I was lucky.
A real printed manual, proper old school style.
That display is HUGE!
Sound package is out of this world amazing! FF and PBP have something to learn here!
Lightning and GI is nothing but perfect!
First impression of the build and quality is nothing but superb!
It's Attack from Mars!!

And some pics, apologize the poor lightning and shoddiness:
On your feet soldier!On your feet soldier!
Say NO to drugs...Say NO to drugs...
Mega display!Mega display!

It looks like the GI is out in those pictures but that's probably just unfortunate timings, it's not! I have a week off next week to familiarize myself with the newborn, more to report later I suppose.

#156 6 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

Pure dark room after:

Pure dark room before:

Guau! the lighting is cool!

Please, where can i buy it?

Thanks in advance!

#157 6 years ago
Quoted from nonik:

Guau! the lighting is cool!
Please, where can i buy it?
Thanks in advance!

It will be available from pinballbulbs.com but a couple details to sort out. Perhaps email sales at pinballbulbs.com to get an eta.

#158 6 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

Pure dark room after:

Pure dark room before:

Regarding the lighting...is it essentially 3 spots and a blue LED strip over the backboard? It looks good.

#159 6 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

Pure dark room after:

Pure dark room before:

Mark's machine has got to be the best machine I've ever played, and I played them new back in the day. The flow is awesome. The lighting is crazy. The sound is the best I've ever heard in a pin. Fantastic job getting that game adjusted to 11.

#160 6 years ago
Quoted from spazzman90:

Mark's machine has got to be the best machine I've ever played, and I played them new back in the day. The flow is awesome. The lighting is crazy. The sound is the best I've ever heard in a pin. Fantastic job getting that game adjusted to 11.

I don't know if I will be able to adjust mine that well, but I do know it will have that lighting as soon as it is released. When I played the game at Pagg, my only complaint was that the insert lights were a bit harsh. Those spotlights will take care of that problem for sure. The purple In the back looks ridiculously good.

#161 6 years ago
Quoted from stpcore:

Regarding the lighting...is it essentially 3 spots and a blue LED strip over the backboard? It looks good.

Its 4 total spotlights with our special new bulbs and 2 strips a white in front and blue in back. I also replaced all the warm white gi with cool white but that step isn't necessary so much.

#162 6 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

Its 4 total spotlights with our special new bulbs and 2 strips a white in front and blue in back. I also replaced all the warm white gi with cool white but that step isn't necessary so much.

Looks awesome Mark! Love the black.

#163 6 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

Will you be offering the kit without the Cool LED GI as I ordered the cools separately already. If so I would be interested in price and I'd be happy to order. Thanks!

#164 6 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

Thanks!
The only thing stopping us is NIB pricing on AFMRLE is Australia is greater than NIB Stern LE by around $1K. The old Vs new debate!

Regular customers are paying exactly the same price as an le Stern $12500 AUD

#165 6 years ago
Quoted from stpcore:

Will you be offering the kit without the Cool LED GI as I ordered the cools separately already. If so I would be interested in price and I'd be happy to order. Thanks!

Same here! Just the spots and UV strips would be ideal.

#166 6 years ago
Quoted from abagwell:

Put my deposit down for the LE last week, AFM was always one of my top tier machines to own someday. My vendor was nice enough to ward me off of a nice used one he got in a while back by letting me know the remakes were coming. Opinion time from you guys though, I'm trying to decide between the martian green trim and the following custom blends, what do you think?

Love the patchy red - reminds me of "the red weed" from War of the Worlds (not the other type).

#167 6 years ago
Quoted from stpcore:

Yes the replacement GI won't be part of it.

#168 6 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

Yes the replacement GI won't be part of it.

Will the spot lights and led's run off the 12v or 6v system?
Im looking for a more permanent mount thats more solid instead of a loosely installed removable system.
A lot of the mods I have bought are a little flimsy and dont hold up to pinball conditions.

I do like the longer black spotlights, instead of the cheap silver ones people use, on your game!
It looks great.
Just needs one more light on the upper left.

#169 6 years ago
Quoted from abagwell:

Put my deposit down for the LE last week, AFM was always one of my top tier machines to own someday. My vendor was nice enough to ward me off of a nice used one he got in a while back by letting me know the remakes were coming. Opinion time from you guys though, I'm trying to decide between the martian green trim and the following custom blends, what do you think?

Where you getting those custom blends from? The redder one looks a lot like what I had in mind for mine.....

#170 6 years ago
Quoted from Ballypinball:

Regular customers are paying exactly the same price as an le Stern $12500 AUD

A little bit of negotiating could definitely get a deal over the line. We live in NSW and are not a regular customer. Looks like we will be in touch when the LEs arrive in Aus!

#171 6 years ago

Well it is finally here! It has a few items that need adjusting. Sound and lighting is just awesome. Deep bass and shaker motor get your heart pounding.

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

#172 6 years ago

Untitled (resized).pngUntitled (resized).png

#173 6 years ago

Would love to read a review. Quality, old vs new, strobe multiball, etc. Good to see these going out.

#174 6 years ago

I'm not the biggest fan of remakes, but I have to admit these look great. The new screen looks awesome

#175 6 years ago

Did anyone ever find out why on AFMr "Bally" is prominently displayed but on MMr "Williams" was not?

#176 6 years ago

yes the owner of Williams IP, Scientific Games Corporation didn't want MMR to have Williams on it.

Bally IP is not only owned by Scientific Games Corporation, Infact I think Hilton own the Bally IP now, so I assume PPS or CGC were able to use it.

#177 6 years ago

Ok guys any of you with AFMR's and MMrs had a looksie to see if the AFMr screen works with MMR?

#178 6 years ago

Mine will be here within the hour. So excited!

#179 6 years ago
Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

Time to update the Pinside Collection! SE?

#180 6 years ago
Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

Nice just in time for the weekend and the 4th. Please share so pics when you have time

#181 6 years ago

Yup! Downgraded my LE because I'm impatient, and also jumped on DI, so figured saving the $700 is the prudent thing to do haha. Hopefully a mini saucer mod comes out eventually

#182 6 years ago

Not sure if this counts towards "unboxing" but I did receive my cool white GI bulb replacements from NiftyLED today. Here is what 40 of them look like when taken out of the USPS Priority shipping box.

20170630_155459 (resized).jpg20170630_155459 (resized).jpg

#183 6 years ago
Quoted from stpcore:

Here is what 40 of them look like when taken out of the USPS Priority shipping box

Is that how many GI bulbs are on AFMR?

#184 6 years ago

I had no idea http://www.niftyled.com/ existed. I totally want some of these bulbs in my SS. They are simply perfect .

#185 6 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

Is that how many GI bulbs are on AFMR?

I was told it's less (in the 30's). I just bought 40 to have a handful of spares.

#186 6 years ago
Quoted from TechnicalSteam:

I had no idea http://www.niftyled.com/ existed. I totally want some of these bulbs in my SS. They are simply perfect .

NiftyLED provides the lights for MMr and AFMr. These current GI lights are plug and play and don't require any soldering. Looking forward to swapping out the warms with the cools when my LE arrives.

#187 6 years ago
Quoted from stpcore:

NiftyLED provides the lights for MMr and AFMr. These current GI lights are plug and play and don't require any soldering. Looking forward to swapping out the warms with the cools when my LE arrives.

No gi lighting sld require soldering on any pin unless you have bad sockets.

#188 6 years ago

Abari Game Bar in Charlotte, NC received and setup their AFMr SE today.

AFMr (resized).jpgAFMr (resized).jpg

#189 6 years ago

In the house!

Plays great. No problems besides the mantis protector leaning pretty low on one side, which is a known issue. Will open a ticket a request a new one no biggie. Looks like mine was number ten and born June 06.

Looks absolutely stunning, the giant screen really is sharp. I guess I should probably go back to playing, congrats to everybody with one on the way you're gonna love it.

IMG_5608 (resized).JPGIMG_5608 (resized).JPG

IMG_5609 (resized).JPGIMG_5609 (resized).JPG

IMG_5610 (resized).JPGIMG_5610 (resized).JPG

IMG_5612 (resized).JPGIMG_5612 (resized).JPG

#190 6 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

No gi lighting sld require soldering on any pin unless you have bad sockets.

I absolutely understand that. I was just clarifying that they were plug and play because I have not ever seen these types of LEDs before. The 2 long pins on the bottom are completely new to me.

#191 6 years ago

I received AFM-1056 this evening, unboxed it and got it set up in the game room. I had to relegate my RFM to the storage room for now, but maybe I can figure out how to get all the pins in the same room somehow. My son and I played a round of doubles for the first games.

The light show is excellent, the larger colorized animations are awesome, and the sound system in it really sounds great and hits low. I think this one is a winner! A few minor adjustments and it should be 100%... The ball launch sometimes doesn't make it all the way up to the jet bumpers, but that's really the only thing I need to touch. The SOL protector looks like it should be fine, very close to the playfield lip. I think the flipper power could probably be turned down a few notches too - there were a few shots I made up the lock ramp that flew off the return ramp.

Overall impression: An excellent remake, even more fun than the original!

IMG_2924 (resized).JPGIMG_2924 (resized).JPG
IMG_2934 (resized).JPGIMG_2934 (resized).JPG
IMG_2945 (resized).JPGIMG_2945 (resized).JPG

#192 6 years ago
Quoted from mjannusch:

I received AFM-1056 this evening, unboxed it and got it set up in the game room. I had to relegate my RFM to the storage room for now, but maybe I can figure out how to get all the pins in the same room somehow. My son and I played a round of doubles for the first games.
The light show is excellent, the larger colorized animations are awesome, and the sound system in it really sounds great and hits low. I think this one is a winner! A few minor adjustments and it should be 100%... The ball launch sometimes doesn't make it all the way up to the jet bumpers, but that's really the only thing I need to touch. The SOL protector looks like it should be fine, very close to the playfield lip. I think the flipper power could probably be turned down a few notches too - there were a few shots I made up the lock ramp that flew off the return ramp.

Congrats. Let me know what you find with the ball launch. I got mine yesterday and it is doing the same as yours. Has trouble making it up to the jets, a lot of bouncing around before it gets there. The sound system in this is incredible.

#193 6 years ago
Quoted from mjannusch:

Thanks for sharing.
Oddly enough ours will be going next to a Whitewater as well.

#194 6 years ago

I go to mine from nitro pinball. And am loving it! That screen blew my mind. It is soooo minty I am gonna have a hard time putting it on route.

#195 6 years ago

IMG_8638 (resized).JPGIMG_8638 (resized).JPG

IMG_8650 (resized).JPGIMG_8650 (resized).JPG

#196 6 years ago

And I don't know about you guys but I have had great experiences from the moment I put money down on it. Nitro was awesome with keeping me informed with it arriving and shipping to me... tommy even wished me a happy unboxing night the night we opened it. And then Later I thought I had an issue with programming ... cause I'm a Crazy Canuck.. and man was CGC service impeccable!!! I made a ticket online and within an hour they had responded... we traded messages back and forth and I was confused and asked for a phone call to be clearer... within a couple minutes I was on the phone working thru the problem! Amazing service!!! And nothing was wrong with the game I just didn't know how to work it . But they were so good to me! man it was great having such good service right from purchase!!! With current titles, and the quality of this game I am sure I will be buying the next one.... especially if it is cactus canyon.

#197 6 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Heres a gameplay vid i did last night on my original.... good game overall. Hopefully it gets you even more excited to get this awesome game.
» YouTube video

For some reason my afm vid dissappered off youtube and i had allready erased it from my phone. Very sad as it was a great game. Gonna add another shorter one now.

#198 6 years ago

Here's another shorter one showing strobe mb and total annihilation.....

#199 6 years ago

But this is an original not a remake? I would love to see the remake strobe multiball

#200 6 years ago
Quoted from PeterG:

But this is an original not a remake? I would love to see the remake strobe multiball

Check at about 14:07

It's going to need an upgrade. At least based on this video.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 79.00
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 40.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 15.00
Cabinet Parts
Mödley Crüe

$ 39.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames

There are 697 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 14.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/afmr-unboxings/page/4?hl=deadpin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.