C803F31E-D2C2-4796-97EA-6B59FE023BDA (resized).jpeg
AFMr 5 (resized).jpg
AFMr 4 (resized).jpg
AFMr 2 (resized).jpg
AFMr 3 (resized).jpg
AFMr 1 (resized).jpg
8D873A3F-B18E-487A-832C-0F1C7334BA7E (resized).jpeg
C4EEB581-D3D4-4551-BD87-BA0CC6FB61CC (resized).jpeg
There are 697 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 14.
#501 6 years ago
Quoted from bdaley6509:

Not to mention it will be worth way more than 10k by Christmas.

They already are here...

#502 6 years ago
Quoted from Damagio:

Hi Pinside ATFMer's
I am really on the fence about this...have been contemplating for a month. I had a mid-life crisis and bought a Harley a few years back...proceeded to dump it, had it fixed and sold it. I think I am just going to take the leap. I feel like I can afford it...just stings a bit!
Congratulations to everyone who just got one! They look beautiful! I had a chance to play an SE at CA Extreme last month, and it was clearly the machine I had to be torn away from. I am leaning towards an LE because I may never do this again, and if I am going to spend $7200, I may as well go all in and spend $8k...LOL/
This will be my first NIB machine. I have come close to pushing the button a few times. Any advice before pulling the trigger? You only live once....
Damagio

100% Do It!!

#503 6 years ago
Quoted from bdaley6509:

Not to mention it will be worth way more than 10k by Christmas.

11K!!

#504 6 years ago

13K + delivery for a LE in Australia.

#505 6 years ago
Quoted from Damagio:

Hi Pinside ATFMer's
I am really on the fence about this...have been contemplating for a month. I had a mid-life crisis and bought a Harley a few years back...proceeded to dump it, had it fixed and sold it. I think I am just going to take the leap. I feel like I can afford it...just stings a bit!
Congratulations to everyone who just got one! They look beautiful! I had a chance to play an SE at CA Extreme last month, and it was clearly the machine I had to be torn away from. I am leaning towards an LE because I may never do this again, and if I am going to spend $7200, I may as well go all in and spend $8k...LOL/
This will be my first NIB machine. I have come close to pushing the button a few times. Any advice before pulling the trigger? You only live once....
Damagio

You won't regret it. The LE is amazing. I wasn't planning on buying a new game but when I played it at TPF I ordered one. It was just too good to pass up. It sounds like you had a similar experience.

#506 6 years ago

Afm is a great game in any form , but if u can get the extra bells and whistles y not?

#507 6 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

If you can afford it, I'd get the LE.
From Standard, to Special Edition, to Limited edition. Each price point goes up $700. But for the SE you get huge display, enhanced sound system, tri color LED show on the small saucers, shaker motor and double the warranty of the standard.
For LE, you also get side mirrors, the most baddest assed topper out there, choice of trim - green, black, or stainless, and double the warranty of the SE.
So for each price increase, you get a lot of stuff.
Best wishes on your decision, which ever model you choose. You'll be glad you did !
LTG : )

Also on the LE you get the multi color mini saucers (I think?)

#508 6 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Also on the LE you get the multi color mini saucers (I think?)

SE and LE have them.

#509 6 years ago

Thought only the le had the mini saucer leds?

#510 6 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

SE and LE have them.

Thought the they were LE only?

IMG_9392 (resized).PNGIMG_9392 (resized).PNG
IMG_9393 (resized).PNGIMG_9393 (resized).PNG

#511 6 years ago

No mini saucer leds on my SE

#512 6 years ago

Through the they were LE only?

I'm sorry for my error. Main Saucer on both has the LED show, only LE has the mini's with a light show.

http://www.chicago-gaming.com/afm.php

#513 6 years ago

Thanks Everyone,

Appreciate the feedback and encouragement. I am thinking LE has some really neat features....love the topper. I am justifying this as an investment too...LOL.

Am I allowed to ask about recommended dealers and experiences with them? I don't want to violate forum rules, but would really like to know. Everyone is the same price, so it's really a matter of who am I dealing with. Not asking to bash or anything...just want a good experience.

Damagio

#514 6 years ago
Quoted from Damagio:

Am I allowed to ask about recommended dealers and experiences with them?

Of course.

May as well go to the source - http://www.planetarypinball.com/ contact Rick.

#515 6 years ago

I've had nothing but good experiences with Rick at pps and Michael at automated services.

#516 6 years ago
Quoted from Damagio:

Thanks Everyone,
Appreciate the feedback and encouragement. I am thinking LE has some really neat features....love the topper. I am justifying this as an investment too...LOL.
Am I allowed to ask about recommended dealers and experiences with them? I don't want to violate forum rules, but would really like to know. Everyone is the same price, so it's really a matter of who am I dealing with. Not asking to bash or anything...just want a good experience.
Damagio

Pinball/toys in general are not investments.

#517 6 years ago

Hence the LOL regarding investment.

Seriously though, I appreciate the feedback and recommendations. I grew up on arcade games, but as an adult they are more fun to fix than play.

I am going to sleep on this and make some inquiry calls in the AM. Will report back.

Damagio

#518 6 years ago

Guys, all joking aside this was delivered during the eclipse today and let me just tell you not only is it the most beautiful pinball machine I've ever seen it's one of the most fun...amazing

IMG_1356 (resized).JPGIMG_1356 (resized).JPG

IMG_1367 (resized).JPGIMG_1367 (resized).JPG

#519 6 years ago

What's more impressive is the reaction of your spouse(?). Priceless.

#520 6 years ago

Michael automated services .

#521 6 years ago

Call Mike at Pinballs.com /
Automated services

IMG_0924.PNGIMG_0924.PNG

#522 6 years ago

Double the warranty should automatically sell the LE if you are new to the hobby.

#523 6 years ago
Quoted from flamehead:

Guys, all joking aside this was delivered during the eclipse today and let me just tell you not only is it the most beautiful pinball machine I've ever seen it's one of the most fun...amazing

Who knew that KISS would end up taxidermied in Tennessee?

#524 6 years ago

Martians have landed in Calgary! Four non-matched serial green trim LEs got picked up at the depot yesterday. Big thanks to Tommy at Nitro Pinball and algrande, extra shout out to Al for helping me get mine into the house. Barely got it setup and had time for a couple of games last night, everything works flawlessly. Tonight should finish getting it levelled/pitched and be putting some serious time on it this weekend. Not a topper guy myself, first pin I've ever had one on, it is fantastic. Anyone on the fence between an SE and an LE, go LE you won't regret it.

IMG_0781 (resized).JPGIMG_0781 (resized).JPG

#525 6 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

notice it has one of the pin holes plugged

It's hard to tell from the pic, but it looks like the housing came out of injection molding messed up. Is that a plugged hole or a deformed connector?

#526 6 years ago
Quoted from paul_8788:

Tonight should finish getting it levelled/pitched and be putting some serious time on it this weekend. Not a topper guy myself, first pin I've ever had one on, it is fantastic.

Don't forget to make sure your code is 1.0.0 and not 1.0.0 beta (like mine was), that way you can crank up the strobe effects. Cool as hell.

#527 6 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

Don't forget to make sure your code is 1.0.0 and not 1.0.0 beta (like mine was), that way you can crank up the strobe effects. Cool as hell.

Will make sure to check that, thanks!

#528 6 years ago

Seems they are all beta. the upgrade is not hard, but it is slow. be prepared with a memory card and adaptor - you will want to upgrade!

#529 6 years ago

To find out what version is in your game go into the CGC menu ( not Williams, that is forever 1.0 ) hold the escape button down five seconds or so and the CGC menu comes up. First page has the software version in your game.

1.0.0. is the latest.

http://www.chicago-gaming.com/afm_update.php

#530 6 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Pinball/toys in general are not investments.

The prices people here are asking for games with $100 actions figures with a single LED in it, you could have fooled me!

#531 6 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

The prices people here are asking for games with $100 actions figures with a single LED in it, you could have fooled me!

I'm not a big mod guy, but its a personal decision. That being said the only mods I feel you'll get some/most of your investment back are the color dmd, shakers, invisaglass, LED's, and protectors....I say this because these really protect, and enhance the game (IMHO). The rest are for personal reasons, and you'll be lucky to get a portion of your investment back.

#532 6 years ago

#150 has landed

IMG_9465 (resized).JPGIMG_9465 (resized).JPG

IMG_9468 (resized).JPGIMG_9468 (resized).JPG

#533 6 years ago

My AFMr black is sitting in my Distro's warehouse, arrived this afternoon. I'll be driving down to CT tomorrow to pick it up using a UHaul 5x8 cargo trailer ($18.95 rental).

Last machine I unboxed in their slushy parking lot after an overnight snow storm. Just barely squeezed into the back of my Jeep Grand Cherokee. This trip will be much easier.

Yay!

#534 6 years ago

Pulled the trigger on an LE earlier this week. I have a wait in front of me, but I am very excited and happy to see you guys getting yours! They look AWESOME!!!!!

Damagio

#535 6 years ago
Quoted from markp99:

My AFMr black is sitting in my Distro's warehouse, arrived this afternoon. I'll be driving down to CT tomorrow to pick it up using a UHaul 5x8 cargo trailer ($18.95 rental).
Last machine I unboxed in their slushy parking lot after an overnight snow storm. Just barely squeezed into the back of my Jeep Grand Cherokee. This trip will be much easier.
Yay!

Grats! I just used one of those trailers to move my daughter to college...easy to pull and really do the trick!

Damagio

#536 6 years ago

I finally got my game, S/N 34...the topper box as broken, but the game was OK.

The truckers wouldn't let me see the topper, so I didn't get to actually inspect it. It just went back with the truck and I kept the game.

It's a beautiful game, glad this one wasn't damaged. Hopefully I'll get my topper soon, looking forward to the whole package.

Robert

IMG_20170825_180329727 (resized).jpgIMG_20170825_180329727 (resized).jpg

IMG_20170825_181407340 (resized).jpgIMG_20170825_181407340 (resized).jpg

IMG_20170825_201527826 (resized).jpgIMG_20170825_201527826 (resized).jpg

#537 6 years ago
Quoted from MrSanRamon:

I finally got my game, S/N 34...the topper box as broken, but the game was OK.
The truckers wouldn't let me see the topper, so I didn't get to actually inspect it. It just went back with the truck and I kept the game.
It's a beautiful game, glad this one wasn't damaged. Hopefully I'll get my topper soon, looking forward to the whole package.
Robert

Robert,

So sorry you’re having bad luck getting the whole game! Glad you at least got a beautiful machine to play finally.

#538 6 years ago

108 has arrived. Thanks Tommy from nitro!

IMG_7525 (resized).JPGIMG_7525 (resized).JPG

#539 6 years ago

Dman posted photos in wrong order. Much more dramatic if you scroll from bottom to top ---

LE #90 has official been unboxed! The anticipation opening the solid topper box was such a thrill.

Then realizing how HUGE it is when we took the top off - WOW.

What a game. Of course the kids are just happy the box stayed in tact so they can play in it but they LOVE the game too. So do I. It is far exceeding my expectations- I didn't play or see on in person previous to this moment and I am just so overwhelmed - shedding a tear

LOL

I never thought a machine could be this amazing! I mean the power button is even where it should be too.

IMG_3573 (resized).JPGIMG_3573 (resized).JPG
IMG_3569 (resized).JPGIMG_3569 (resized).JPG
IMG_3570 (resized).JPGIMG_3570 (resized).JPG
IMG_3567 (resized).JPGIMG_3567 (resized).JPG
IMG_3565 (resized).JPGIMG_3565 (resized).JPG
IMG_3562 (resized).JPGIMG_3562 (resized).JPG
IMG_3561 (resized).JPGIMG_3561 (resized).JPG
IMG_3560 (resized).JPGIMG_3560 (resized).JPG
IMG_3559 (resized).JPGIMG_3559 (resized).JPG
IMG_3558 (resized).JPGIMG_3558 (resized).JPG
IMG_3549 (resized).JPGIMG_3549 (resized).JPG
IMG_3548 (resized).JPGIMG_3548 (resized).JPG
IMG_3547 (resized).JPGIMG_3547 (resized).JPG
IMG_3546 (resized).JPGIMG_3546 (resized).JPG
IMG_3545 (resized).JPGIMG_3545 (resized).JPG

#540 6 years ago

Not a single one from Game Room guys yet huh?

#541 6 years ago

Number 150 is up and running and I must say my expectations were blow away! The game is awesome! The stock sound system is the best I have ever heard on a new game, but I went ahead and hooked up a Polk sub and it is killer!

The game played perfect right out of the box, I threw a cliffy on the shooter lane and hit the playfield with a coat of wax. I noticed the pin that people had been cutting off to hook the topper up was already cut off on my game.

IMG_9482 (resized).JPGIMG_9482 (resized).JPG
IMG_9483 (resized).JPGIMG_9483 (resized).JPG

#542 6 years ago

AFMr LE 0196 is home! Picked-up from Automated's warehouse and hauled back to NH this morning.

I built a plywood sled and track mechanism to lower the machine down the bulkhead. Strapped the carton to the sled, attached to the block and tackle, slid the sled onto the track, tipped it down the bulkhead as my wife fed line into the pulleys. Could not have been easier. No lifting, no wrestling, no back pain! Should work equally well in reverse.

Lowering:
Lowering the carton (resized).pngLowering the carton (resized).png
Successfully intot he basement:
Success (resized).pngSuccess (resized).png
Unboxed:
Unboxed (resized).pngUnboxed (resized).png
A little help from Harbor Freight:
A little help from Harbor Freight (resized).pngA little help from Harbor Freight (resized).png
...and Done:
And done! (resized).pngAnd done! (resized).png

#543 6 years ago

I noticed the pin that people had been cutting off to hook the topper up was already cut off on my game.

My game was August 8th build and has beta code but I didn't notice or have any extra pin either. Everything working right so can't imagine I missed anything...

#544 6 years ago
Quoted from pinchamp:

My game was August 8th build and has beta code but I didn't notice or have any extra pin either. Everything working right so can't imagine I missed anything...

Mine was August 2nd build, and had 1.0.0 non beta code. Wierd.

#545 6 years ago

AFM #124 is born.
I am very pleased!!!!

IMG_0983.JPGIMG_0983.JPG

IMG_0976.JPGIMG_0976.JPG

IMG_0984.JPGIMG_0984.JPG

IMG_0992.JPGIMG_0992.JPG

IMG_0988.JPGIMG_0988.JPG

#546 6 years ago

Is it worth updating the code from the factory install?

#547 6 years ago

Is it worth updating the code from the factory install?

Yes. You get control over store brightness and diverter strength.

#548 6 years ago
Quoted from pintechev:

Yes. You get control over store brightness and diverter strength.

I guess you should see what code it shipped with as I already have strobe adjust setting.

#549 6 years ago

I guess you should see what code it shipped with as I already have strobe adjust setting.

Ah, there you go. Then you should be all set

#550 6 years ago

Absolutely Gorgeous Machines....congratulations to the new proud owners. The pics are beautiful....keep them coming!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 39.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 210.00
Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.00
Cabinet Parts
Mödley Crüe

$ 79.00
$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

There are 697 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 14.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/afmr-unboxings/page/11?hl=damagio and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.