(Topic ID: 281965)

AFMr - Should I be able to see thru the backglass?

By verymickey

11 months ago

Topic Stats

• 10 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 months ago by verymickey
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

8E8B0013-05AF-4CE7-8B0F-5B319219631C (resized).jpeg

#1 11 months ago

The outline of the letters you can see right thru to the inside of the backbox. In the attached photo [ https://imgur.com/oXDR3aw ] if you look at the top of the S in mars you can see the printing on the board behind it. Its more noticible/blinding in game when the lights come thru.

Is this just a thing with backglass or is it a quality control issue? Pin was bought NiB a few weeks ago.

Thanks!

#2 11 months ago

Same here

#3 11 months ago

Yes , like that on original

#4 11 months ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

Yes , like that on original

Thanks guys, thats great to know. First pin owner, analyzing and over-analyzing everything

#5 11 months ago

Yes, the original AFM translight was designed with open outlines by the lettering for the light to shine through. I never liked that.
I have changed over to the lenticular 3D translite from PPS, which does not have such open areas. I think it looks great!

#6 11 months ago

To “fix” this cut a piece of wax paper wide enough to cover the clear part and tape it to the back of the translite. This diffuses the bright bulbs that shine through.

I have a post in the AFMr thread showing the results.

#7 11 months ago

No worries - does not take a first pin owner to over analyze things. Enjoy it!

#8 10 months ago

Here’s a pic with wax paper installed.

8E8B0013-05AF-4CE7-8B0F-5B319219631C (resized).jpeg
#9 10 months ago

This bothered me as well when I had AFMr ... thought I was the only one haha.

1 month later
#10 9 months ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

To “fix” this cut a piece of wax paper wide enough to cover the clear part and tape it to the back of the translite. This diffuses the bright bulbs that shine through.
I have a post in the AFMr thread showing the results.

That looks like a perfect fix, thanks for sharing the tip and the photo

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside