You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

AFMr Power Supply 2 (resized).jpg
AFMr Power Supply 1 (resized).jpg

#1 1 year ago

Any help appreciated
I have an AFMr SE. After it's been on for a few hours it's starts throwing a playfield communication error, launches balls and generally starts being weird.
I reseated all the existing RJ45 cables. No difference. I swapped for a different cable. No luck.
Took a video to show what it does.
Any suggestions appreciated

Hope this video link works.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/spaWFJH9fWu9viMe8

#2 1 year ago

When it starts going crazy, check the voltages on the power supply on the cabinet bottom near the right front of the game.

LTG : )

1 week later
#3 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

When it starts going crazy, check the voltages on the power supply on the cabinet bottom near the right front of the game.

Appreciate this guidance. After reseating all connectors and flashing the firmware, it failed again. Going to look at the power supply next.
I'm assuming I should be measuring the connectors on this power supply circled in red?
Also, What is the acceptable tolerance if it's not 12v exactly?
Thanks

AFMr Power Supply 1 (resized).jpgAFMr Power Supply 1 (resized).jpgAFMr Power Supply 2 (resized).jpgAFMr Power Supply 2 (resized).jpg
#4 1 year ago
Quoted from SamW:

I'm assuming I should be measuring the connectors on this power supply circled in red?

Yes.

Quoted from SamW:

What is the acceptable tolerance if it's not 12v exactly?

See the +V ADJ ? Make it 12 volts if not.

#5 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

Yes.

See the +V ADJ ? Make it 12 volts if not.

Voltage was 12.06v and it's now 12.00v. Not much off. Can't believe that would cause the issue. Time will tell.

Thanks again for the advice.

#6 1 year ago

Opened a Ticket with CGC and will keep this thread updated just in case its useful to anyone else.

#7 1 year ago

Received a reply from CGC. They told me the voltage should be 12.15v. 12.00v is too low and can cause issues.
So I've reseated everything again and changed the voltage to 12.15v and we'll see what happens.

#8 1 year ago

and it failed again
written back to CGC and waiting for a reply.

#9 1 year ago

After a lot of diagnosing and backwards and forwards with George at CGC, They asked me to pull both the boards from the game and return to them for testing.
I have to say that the service I've had from George at CGC has been awesome. Constant emails backwards and forwards and a few phone calls. Great customer service.
Now I play the waiting game

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields
Decals

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/afmr-playfield-connection-error and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.