Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 61 posts
  • 41 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by cscmtp
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_3252 (resized).jpg
    1C060C69-FA2F-4EF5-B11E-3228C5948ACA (resized).jpeg
    CB735721-0605-4056-94DD-1B5FFC267358 (resized).jpeg
    There are 61 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 5 years ago

Limited edition on both? Which one? Think I want to cancel my Munsters

#2 5 years ago

I just unboxed my Munsters and really like it. But if I was to choose between a monster bash or attack from Mars I would go attack from Mars.

#3 5 years ago

why not both?? But yea..that's a tough call. I ordered a MBr only because I hadn't played that one as much over the years. I've played AFM to death, but still both are great games.

#4 5 years ago

They are both great! I think Monster Bash has more variety and challenging shots.

#5 5 years ago

The classic editions are good deals if you are going new.
    Save $ and buy the LE/SE versions HUO.

Both are great, AFM is a better long term player IMO.

#6 5 years ago

Afm has much better code and is more difficult. I've had mine for years and still haven't seen everything... saw everything mb had to offer the first week. That said mb is still fun and has great theme. Also afmrle has great topper and some neat upgrades so id definitely go that route.

#7 5 years ago

Can't imagine ever parting with my AFMr. Those side drains are brutal. Great, fast flowing game! Like other have said, MB is a fun game with great callouts and totally kick ass music. It is also a bit more shallow, but for casual players not an issue.

#8 5 years ago

For me I would go AFMR. I bought a MBRLE instead because it is better for my family and friends, etc...

#9 5 years ago

I'm partial of the remakes AFMr was the one I wanted so I have it.

I remember liking it years ago when it was out. Concerning MM and MB I never played it up until the expo. At this point I'm good with only AFM.

#10 5 years ago

You really can't go wrong with either one. With that being said I ordered MBrLE because I already have MMr and it's very similar to AFMr so I wanted something a little different. Also I've owned AFM in the past but not MB

#11 5 years ago

I prefer MB i think it has a better variety of shots and cooler toys i also personally like the theme more on MB.

#12 5 years ago

That's a tough choice, but I'd skip the LE's

#13 5 years ago

Both are great games. I went with the MBr LE because I love the theme. I did not get an AFMr because of the similarity in play between MM & AFM (I have a MMr LE).
    I do expect the MB theme to be a hit with friends & family. If I did not have multiple pins I would probably go with AFMr. However, truth be told, I wish I purchased all three

#14 5 years ago

I’m going to vote AFM LE. Greatest topper ever, great rules etc.

I have not played MB a lot so I can’t say it’s bad or good for me but when I did play an original edition I wasn’t blown away but that could have been that it wasn’t set up well which makes a lot of difference. Theme isn’t the best for me, I like monsters but not sure about the rock band aspect of it.

#16 5 years ago

AFM. The LE has a really really cool topper. Both games are very approachable by any type of player. I am a Stern guy and own a AFM and love it.

I didn’t play MB a lot but whenever I did I blew it up with long games?? AFM is not a difficult game but more challenging for me than MB. Really can’t go wrong with either though.

And LE’s are nice for sure but CGC lowering prices on Classic Editions for $6000 put MB and AFM at great values for what you are getting. Great move by CGC for pinball in general.

#17 5 years ago

Ooops, read this wrong. I'd buy both if at all possible

#18 5 years ago

I own both.....AFM

#19 5 years ago
    Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

I didn’t play MB a lot but whenever I did I blew it up with long games?? AFM is not a difficult game but more challenging for me than MB.

This is a lot of what I think. I was playing MB casually and seems too easy like I could hold a conversation while playing. Long ball times. Not sure could have been a lazy set up but wasn’t a super rush of adrenaline.

#20 5 years ago

It’s a very tough call. I own both SE versions. I couldn’t choose one over the other.

#21 5 years ago
    Quoted from bigd1979:

Afm has much better code and is more difficult. I've had mine for years and still haven't seen everything... saw everything mb had to offer the first week. That said mb is still fun and has great theme. Also afmrle has great topper and some neat upgrades so id definitely go that route.

What are the upgrades? I think that MBLE has similar upgrades no? Lighting, mirror blades,. topper....
    I was fortunate enough to get both AFMLE and MBLE (still waiting on the MBLE to arrive), but I really don't think you could go wrong with either one. If you do choose the AFMLE....please get it with black trim! It looks waaaay better IMO.

#22 5 years ago

CB735721-0605-4056-94DD-1B5FFC267358 (resized).jpegCB735721-0605-4056-94DD-1B5FFC267358 (resized).jpeg
    Can’t really see the trim in this pic, but you get the idea.

#24 5 years ago

Brian Eddy and Lyman Sheats still on the top score list? Gotta knock them off!

#25 5 years ago

Here is a better trim pic:

1C060C69-FA2F-4EF5-B11E-3228C5948ACA (resized).jpeg1C060C69-FA2F-4EF5-B11E-3228C5948ACA (resized).jpeg
    #26 5 years ago
    Quoted from KozMckPinball:

Brian Eddy and Lyman Sheats still on the top score list? Gotta knock them off!

That’s when I first set it up

#28 5 years ago

I think the lights are too bright for you to put up a 5.5 mill score

Black trim looks nice though

#29 5 years ago

I have an AFMr and it's awesome as hell. I've never played MB, but the remake looks gorgeous. I agree with rai about the monsters being cool but not really feeling the rock/band aspect. If I had the money and space I'd pick up an MBr to go along with my AFMr, as people say they complement each other very well.

You can't go wrong with either one.

If you've played both, your decision should be somewhat easier. Have you checked out gameplay videos of both?

#30 5 years ago

Are the AFMLE around still ?

#31 5 years ago

AFMr and MBr was literally a coin toss for me... ended up with MBr, not sorry.

#32 5 years ago

AFM as a pin just never did much for me.
    Of course, its rated highly for a reason- and if its your cup of tea it tends to do so in a big way.
    For me, its all about MBR SE

#33 5 years ago
    Quoted from bigd1979:

. saw everything mb had to offer the first wee

Hats off to you. I've had mine over a month now and still have not made MoR and find it difficult to get mosh pit multiball going, due to the danegous shot up the middle. It's easier to get MB of those two, for me.
    I will say that I do confidently feel I will get to MoR before I get to Rule the Universe, still haven't after 18 months.

#34 5 years ago
    Quoted from cheshirefilms:

AFM as a pin just never did much for me.

That is the way I felt when it first came out...didn't change when the AFMR came along...but, that just me. I understand there is a large following..just not me.
    Always.. I say, ALWAYS loved MonsterBash

#35 5 years ago
    Quoted from mtp78:

Are the AFMLE around still ?

Think so, guy just got one brand new. They’re probably nearly sold out.

1000 is rather a large number especially at $8k a pop, i don’t think Stern has made any LE above 799 units.

I’m glad CGC decided to make a good number of LE pins because it’s such a great game.

#37 5 years ago

They are both really good. They both have relatively simple rules by the great Lyman Sheats. I go back and forth as to which one I'd most want to rotate into my collection. It's close enough that if a deal ever came up on one that would be the deciding factor.

#38 5 years ago

Think of it this way..... MB has tons of great toys. AFM not so much but imo gameplay , theme and call outs make up for all that. I have had AFM in my collection for over 15 years straight and would still choose it over MB. On my second MB as I had an original

#39 5 years ago

I think MBR is prettier than AFM

#40 5 years ago

OP, you need to add a poll to this thread.

My answer - AFM

#41 5 years ago
    Quoted from LoganJK:

I think MBR is prettier than AFM

I would agree with that.

#42 5 years ago

The topper on AFMr LE adds another level. That alien hopping up and down in sync with what’s happening in game is great. There are only a few NIB of these left at one or two distributors.

#43 5 years ago

AFM R LE

#44 5 years ago
    Quoted from Blakester:

Owned both--AFM R remains. More dopamine release for me.

Wow! so you owned both..(this is a afmr vs mb"r") thread..and you already dumped MBR.

#45 5 years ago

Had mm, afm and mb at same time and only afm remains after years. Mm lasted 6 months and mb lasted about 4.

#46 5 years ago
    Quoted from f3honda4me:

The topper on AFMr LE adds another level. That alien hopping up and down in sync with what’s happening in game is great. There are only a few NIB of these left at one or two distributors.

The topper is out of this world.

#47 5 years ago

AFMr.

#48 5 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

That's a tough choice, but I'd skip the LE's

Not sure I understand this at all. We all know limited editions (true ones like this) hold value and considering these are top 3 if all time I couldn't disagree more.

I bought both. Afmrle blew me away and really allowed me to understand great final doesn't need to be deep.

I've always enjoyed MB but price want in line with how I valued. Now with the rerelease it was a no brainier.

If I had to choose one I would have to say AFM.

#49 5 years ago
    Quoted from hollywood:

[quoted image]
    Can’t really see the trim in this pic, but you get the idea.

Yawn.... Another black trimmed game. Boring.

Green or go home. This is attack from Mars not a Stern pro.

#50 5 years ago
    Quoted from slavin20:

Limited edition on both? Which one? Think I want to cancel my Munsters

We love all 3 of ours. CGC games have a better feel to us over the Sterns. We have 7 or 8 of them & the 3 CGC games feel more sturdy. Have had a few opto board problems with the sterns. NO problems with any of the CGC.

IMG_3252 (resized).jpgIMG_3252 (resized).jpg
    There are 61 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/afmr-or-mbr?hl=jjhlh and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.