5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by pintechev
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 5 years ago

My new AFMr stopped working a couple weeks ago. I hit a ball in the stroke of luck (SOL) chute but the ball never was returned. The game went into its dead ball auto-return routine but wouldn’t kick the ball back. I went into the diagnostic mode. It failed the first 8 solenoid tests (no solenoid activation sound). The front door was closed. It also fails to play any of the recordings when testing the recorded sounds in the audio test. In troubleshooting I have found that F103 blows on power up. F103 protects the high voltage solenoids which are the load that plugs in at J116 of the Solenoid board. With P116 disconnected and board powered off I measured a dead short from ground to pins 1 and 2 of J116. I’m suspecting a shorted transistor or op-amp on the solenoid board. I’m not sure why the sound doesn’t work.

#2 5 years ago

Have you updated the PIC to 2.0?

#3 5 years ago

Did you open a ticket with CGC? If not, go here and get that started.

https://chicagogamingcompany.freshdesk.com/support/login

#4 5 years ago

Sorry i’m unfamiliar with the term. I think that Chicago gaming is send an eprom which may very well be what you are describing. It is for the controller board. I suspect that chip will prevent future issues but won’t resolve the problem w.o. further repair on the solenoid board.but that’s my speculation.

#5 5 years ago

Yes I have a ticket open with them. We have a plan for a tech to tbsht my machine. We are waiting for the eprom however. I will update this with what we find.

#6 5 years ago

They are likely sending the whole board with the new EPROM. If not, contact them again. The chip won’t reverse the issue, but will prevent future occurrences.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/afmr-keeps-blowing-f103-and-fails-solenoid-t1-8 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.