Topic Stats

• 13 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by pinballinreno
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

#1 2 years ago

Im amazed and astounded at the quality of the AFMrLE. Its simply beautiful and amazing. CGC hit it out of the park with this one!

Sadly though there are no headphone jacks on the game to plug in to.

I have a very small gameroom and the sounds were deafening to the point that one couldnt hear a single call out on a game.
I installed headphones on all my games and problem solved!

Now can anyone help to develop a headphone scheme for the AFMr and possibly MMr as well?

The newest beaglebone setup has audio outs on the soundcard. What is the best approach for adding headphones?
Can an existing setup from pinnovators be modified? Can we hack one of their coin door plates for this project?

Please chime in with your thoughts and schematics!

#2 2 years ago

I have built quite a few things in the past so its not a problem to build this at all, in fact it looks like a fun project!
I think re-purposing a pinnovators door plate and pc-card might be the simplest route?

Does anyone have any thoughts on this or some circuit ideas?

I would like it to cut off or mute the main speaker volume either via insertion or via a switch and of course have some volume control possibly.

#3 2 years ago

I have pinnovators on all my games Except Aerosmith and AFMr (of course I have not received my game yet. Lol)
Anyway I have asked the guys at Pinnovators 3 times about Aerosmith and once about AFMr.
All they have told me is that they are working on Aerosmith but that they had no current plans for AFMr.
We may be on our own on this one.

#4 2 years ago

I dont think its too much of a struggle if you are a hobbyist to retrofit one of the existing pinnovator setups.
The question in my mind is which one to start tinkering with?

I will order the set once I can determine which one has the best chance of modification.

Maybe someone here can help answer this?

#5 2 years ago

Pinnovators responded to my email and said maybe they would have something this winter!
Crossing my fingers...

#6 2 years ago

Im not waiting for winter...

So Im looking at the beaglebone black.

If the audio is combined with the hdmi, then its simple to split it with an extractor and attach headphones.

If they are using the USB sound card its even easier by using a USB dongle and headphones.

#7 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

Im not waiting for winter...
So Im looking at the beaglebone black.
If the audio is combined with the hdmi, then its simple to split it with an extractor and attach headphones.
If they are using the USB sound card its even easier by using a USB dongle and headphones.

It isn't. The PCB that the BBB plugs into has its own speaker output though header pins. The Micro-HDMI only feeds the display video-only.

Marc

#8 2 years ago
Quoted from pintechev:

It isn't. The PCB that the BBB plugs into has its own speaker output though header pins. The Micro-HDMI only feeds the display video-only.
Marc

Wow!
So we just tap off the header pins to a switch and loop back to the speakers?
Sounds easy enough.

#9 2 years ago

Take a look at J6 on the Pinball Controller Board. That's where your audio comes out.

Marc

#10 2 years ago
Quoted from pintechev:

Take a look at J6 on the Pinball Controller Board. That's where your audio comes out.
Marc

Ill do that tonight! It looks too simple, Ill rig up a patch cable and test it out.
Thanks!

#11 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

Ill do that tonight! It looks too simple, Ill rig up a patch cable and test it out.
Thanks!

Any news on this?

Thanks.

#12 2 years ago
Quoted from rogerdodger:

Any news on this?
Thanks.

I have a sketch of a schematic and some clever ideas. Thats about all for now.
I need the time to breadboard it out to a working model, then I'll make up a good durable solution.
Its not very hard to do, I just need time to work on it.

Anyone else have any good ideas about design/parts to share?

5 months later
#13 1 year ago

I havent had the time to work on this but really need it.
Is anyone else working on a solution?
With CGC #3 MBr coming soon there is going to be a market for this.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 135.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
Lit Frames
$ 74.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Id Rather Play Pinball
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Verona, NJ
$ 259.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside