Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

_82c56021d2121be158e7324cdcbe4970.jpg
walter (resized).jpg
There are 60 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 4 years ago
Quoted from Deez:

But cgc quality is the best, followed by Stern , then spooky then way in last place is JJP. At least in my experience with route machines.

Add in American Pinball with CGC and you've got a good list

#52 4 years ago
Quoted from PokerJake:

Add in American Pinball with CGC and you've got a good list

I don't own any American pinball yet but will definitely consider them.

#53 4 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

If what you say is "fact", why do you ask for others opinions?
Go back under your bridge.

Can you not read? What I was asking people's opinions on differs from the facts I stated.

Relax bro - it's just pinball

#54 4 years ago
Quoted from Coz:

I had an AFMr Classic with color and it was rock solid, performed with no errors. Seemed to be well built equal to original

And it's in my possession now and may never leave. No issues with quality in any manner.

#55 4 years ago
Quoted from Deez:

Can you not read? What I was asking people's opinions on differs from the facts I stated.
Relax bro - it's just pinball

I can obviously read. A correct lame response would have been..."Can you not comprehend?"....

btw....
walter (resized).jpgwalter (resized).jpg

#56 4 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

I can obviously read. A correct lame response would have been..."Can you not comprehend?"....
btw....
[quoted image]

_82c56021d2121be158e7324cdcbe4970.jpg_82c56021d2121be158e7324cdcbe4970.jpg
#57 4 years ago

You already have an original AFM don't you? Were you thinking of trading it in or something?

#58 4 years ago

I always hate commenting on these remake vs original threads ... I find the remakes to be outstanding and don't want to seem like I'm nitpicking.

I did find the flippers to feel a bit different. Does AFMr use the Williams optical flipper boards or does it use leaf switches? If they're using leaf switches, that's more than likely the difference. The optical flipper switches seem to have a bit more mechanical resistance. You could probably get the exact same effect using slightly stronger springs with the flipper buttons.

Also, someone mentioned dialing the flipper power back ... I agree 100%. AFMr is a lot easier with flippers set to full power. Is there a tournament setting for the flippers on AFMr?

Outside of that difference, the games are identical. The people that bitch about the remake probably got pissed that their original came down in price and are taking it out on AFMr fans.

#59 4 years ago
Quoted from megadeth2600:

I did find the flippers to feel a bit different. Does AFMr use the Williams optical flipper boards or does it use leaf switches?

AFMR uses optos.

LTG : )

#60 4 years ago

I own an original AFM bought around 2004. To be fair, everyone's AFM feels different compared to mine.

I've played 3 or 4 different AFMr's. I didn't think the new ones felt "cheap", per se, but every one I've played seemed to play different compared to the many Bally ones I've played. Then again, the Ballys are all 20+ year old games.

I've also played a few HEP AFM restorations. Not fair to really compare those the unrestored originals, even if the originals have been well-maintained.

The aesthetics, lights and displays of the AFMrs are pretty amazing, but nothing has inspired me to sell mine for a remake.

In summary- I feel it is not really comparing the same things, other than the fact that they both say "AFM"

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 39.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 79.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 40.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 15.00
Cabinet Parts
Mödley Crüe

$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 60 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/afmr-feels-cheap-compared-to-an-afm/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.