• AFM 26 votes
    41%
  • BM66 30 votes
    48%
  • Man up and just decide for yourself 7 votes
    11%

(63 votes)

#1 10 months ago

I'm currently 96% sure that I've narrowed my new pin to either AFMR or BM66 (sold my TAF six months ago or so). I like both games, but if everything was equal I'd go with BM66 due to theme and code depth. Of course everything is not equal especially in price with AFMR being $1600 cheaper so I'm a bit torn.

AFMR would be the easiest all around to get both money-wise and not having to risk a delivery (which I sort of dread). I like the one more game feel to AFM and I think it would be appealing to the rest of my family with the more obvious rule set. On the other hand I'm worried it will get old in a one pin lineup faster than something deeper like BM66.

BM66 is a theme that appeals a lot to my family and I like the code -- I'm just not sure if it's worth the extra money and the worry of having it shipped to me.

Anyone have any opinions on the longevity of a BM66 vs AFMR in a super small lineup of one?

#2 10 months ago

In a small collection or in general AFM is a great game no question but I prefer BM66 personally. Especially if you like the theme Batman has amazing code and the gameplay is best described as Fun! For our family and guests most gravitate straight to BM. Had AFM for years and was very fun but just gets a bit old in my opinion especially if you don't have other choices. You really won't be wrong with either decision. Good luck with YOUR choice.

#3 10 months ago

Definitely BM66. The newer games just have much deeper code and more to do than the classics. While AFM is great, it will get stale real quick in a solo line up...

#4 10 months ago
Quoted from iloveplywood:

I'm currently 96% sure that I've narrowed my new pin to either AFMR or BM66 (sold my TAF six months ago or so). I like both games, but if everything was equal I'd go with BM66 due to theme and code depth. Of course everything is not equal especially in price with AFMR being $1600 cheaper so I'm a bit torn.
AFMR would be the easiest all around to get both money-wise and not having to risk a delivery (which I sort of dread). I like the one more game feel to AFM and I think it would be appealing to the rest of my family with the more obvious rule set. On the other hand I'm worried it will get old in a one pin lineup faster than something deeper like BM66.
BM66 is a theme that appeals a lot to my family and I like the code -- I'm just not sure if it's worth the extra money and the worry of having it shipped to me.
Anyone have any opinions on the longevity of a BM66 vs AFMR in a super small lineup of one?

Hey Brady! The nice thing about pinball machines is that they hold their value relatively well. Get the one you want, and when you get bored with it, sell it and get the other one (rinse/repeat). If you buy on the second-hand market, you won't have to take the NIB hit. If it matters, we have a nice AFM original on location that is on your side of town, so I'd go with BM66, since there is one closer to downtown and a bit further away from you. BM66 code is really good, AFM is a nicer shooter overall, and is "over-the-top" humor-wise.

On the shipping front, if you buy NIB, I wouldn't worry about shipping. You can always refuse delivery upon damaged goods (open the box and inspect before the driver leaves!) A good distributor should work with you to take care of any problems. kingpingames is a great guy if you go with AFM. I don't think you'll go wrong either way. GL! (FYI I voted to man up and decide for yourself! )

#5 10 months ago

I always seem to have more fun playing AFM, so that is my vote. BM66 to me still feels like a mediocre layout saved by a great ruleset. AFM is more of the total package, though I do understand it's not nearly as deep as BM66. Then again, I think I've been quoted as saying, "deep code is overrated".

#6 10 months ago

In a one pin collection go with batman it's a good game with a deeper rule set.

#7 10 months ago

BM66. Love both games, but AFM would get boring quickly in a one pin line up. With recent code updates, many different ways to play Batman (much deeper rule set).

#8 10 months ago

Also do not think the remakes are holding their value as well. But if you go AFM remake, I would spend the extra for the Se as the larger color screen and other adders are well priced and really enhance the game. I have both at my arcade and play them frequently.

#9 10 months ago

I’ve got an AFMr and it’s a great pin, unfortunately I wouldn’t want it in a one pin collection. BM66 has more depth and more modern sound and video. If you’re a fan of the old show that’s what I would buy. Both great games, no wrong choice

#10 10 months ago

I have finally started to grow my little collection into a decent size. I have a AFMrLE, WOZLE, Met Prem, Kiss LE, Iron Maiden Prem, GB Prem, STLE, and finally my BM66 Prem. I can tell you my entire family plays BM 5x more than any other pin in our collection. The current code gives you a million different ways to play and just makes you want "one more game" like nothing else we've had. I love AFM too, but its way way easier and not nearly as deep. I'm guessing in a 1 pin collection it would get old a LOT faster than MB would.

#11 10 months ago

Tough choice. Hard to compare old classic game with more simple rules to modern premium game with deep code. AFM is a ton of fun and more approachable to players of different skill levels. If it's your only pin, the simple rules may get a bit stale after a while. That said, any pin can get old after a while if that's all you play. BM66 is pretty good and probably the better choice. Lot's to do, great theme, and fun. I recommend looking out for a used BM66 or AFMr. Both have been in production for a while so might be able to find a huo and save.

#12 10 months ago

Thanks everyone -- BM66 was what my gut was telling me and it looks a majority agrees. Now to hunt one down.

#13 10 months ago

Definitely BM66 for a one pin line up. However, if you could do both, you’d never be bored.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Docquest Pinball Mods
$ 50.00

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside