• 12 posts
  • 9 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Zennmaster
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 2 years ago

Hoping to hear from a PPS/CGC rep on this:

I plunked down a deposit on an AFMr LE last week, and am very excited.

My basement door is 28" wide, so I assume I'll need to remove the backbox to get the game down the stairs.

My two (2) questions:

1) Is the backbox removal pretty straightforward? Context: this is my first DMD-Era pin, although there are about a dozen arcade machines in the same basement. I have a respectable toolbox and no fear of unhooking things, especially if they aren't lag-screwed into the wood.

2) Will removing the backbox void my warranty?

Thanks very much!

-Michael

#2 2 years ago

I'm not a CGC rep, but I am also cursed with a tiny basement door!

Honestly, compared to Williams/Bally games or Sam/Whitestar Sterns this is literally a piece of cake.

Everything that comes in or out gets the head removed at my place. MMr only had maybe 7-10 connections that need to be removed... I presume AFMr will be no different. Just take a couple pictures of the backbox, remove the head, and you're all good! Everything will be super easy to re-connect, and I believe all connectors are keyed and color coded so it's basically impossible to mess things up. Just have a second set of hands avilable to snake the wires through the head so you don't scratch up your trim!

#3 2 years ago

just pop the door frame off and save yourself some grief man!

#4 2 years ago
Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

I'm not a CGC rep, but I am also cursed with a tiny basement door!
Honestly, compared to Williams/Bally games or Sam/Whitestar Sterns this is literally a piece of cake.
Everything that comes in or out gets the head removed at my place. MMr only had maybe 7-10 connections that need to be removed... I presume AFMr will be no different. Just take a couple pictures of the backbox, remove the head, and you're all good! Everything will be super easy to re-connect, and I believe all connectors are keyed and color coded so it's basically impossible to mess things up. Just have a second set of hands avilable to snake the wires through the head so you don't scratch up your trim!

Thanks, that's exactly the info I was after!

Quoted from whthrs166:

just pop the door frame off and save yourself some grief man!

Oooh, been down that road before. Turns out it is not good for domestic tranquility!

#5 2 years ago
Quoted from Zennmaster:

My basement door is 28" wide, so I assume I'll need to remove the backbox to get the game down the stairs.
My two (2) questions:
1) Is the backbox removal pretty straightforward? Context: this is my first DMD-Era pin, although there are about a dozen arcade machines in the same basement. I have a respectable toolbox and no fear of unhooking things, especially if they aren't lag-screwed into the wood.
Thanks very much!
-Michael

I have a similar issue but moving my MMr downstairs was just as easy as anything I have ever owned. I don't believe it will be a big issue. Love my MMr LE and looking forward to my AMFr LE. Can't wait!

#6 2 years ago
Quoted from Zennmaster:

My two (2) questions:
Thanks very much!
-Michael

1) yes, the backbox removal is straightforward, far fewer connections and harnesses than an original DMD game, so yes. The same mounting points of the backbox as original, so yes will not be a major undertaking.
2) CGC I expect would say that it does not void your warranty, but CGC is responsible for warranty, so they are the authority for giving the official answer.

#7 2 years ago

I would just replace the whole door if you are planning on living there a while and will continue to bring pinballs in and out.

#8 2 years ago

Do like I did and just move to a house with the perfect game room

#9 2 years ago
Quoted from WackyBrakke:

Do like I did and just move to a house with the perfect game room

Umm, the perfect game room is in my house ...

#10 2 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

1) yes, the backbox removal is straightforward, far fewer connections and harnesses than an original DMD game, so yes. The same mounting points of the backbox as original, so yes will not be a major undertaking.
2) CGC I expect would say that it does not void your warranty, but CGC is responsible for warranty, so they are the authority for giving the official answer.

Great news, thanks!

#11 2 years ago

You don't need to remove the head. Just loosen it, twist it, push through the door and tighten back down. My door was 1 inch too narrow also. I widened it.

#12 2 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

You don't need to remove the head. Just loosen it, twist it, push through the door and tighten back down. My door was 1 inch too narrow also. I widened it.

Good tip! I hadn't thought of that!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 259.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Pinball Machine
Flip N Out Pinball
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
$ 99.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Sales

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside