(Topic ID: 334398)

AFMR - Any Chance at All for Another Run?

By Pinball_Eddie

12 months ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12 posts
  • 8 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 months ago by Sorokyl
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Should CGC do another rerun of AFMR?”

• Yes, I’d buy one or I already have one. 19 votes
    83%
  • No, not enough demand or I’m not interested. 4 votes
    17%

(23 votes)

#1 12 months ago

Perhaps this is a moot point and this thread will get closed right away, but I still think CGC should really consider reruns of all their remakes every so often as the demand looks to be there for AFMR based on the secondary market and they could easily determine the run total from checking with their dealers.

I know there have been questions about a another run for AFMR in other threads, but perhaps a separate thread might spark some interest or at least let CGC know people still would like to get one at a reasonable price.

I don’t expect an LE ever to be ran again, but maybe an SE or SE+ to allow those wanting a topper or just sell the topper separately.

They also could put this to rest once and for all by confirming no more runs for any past remakes, but because they haven’t yet, gives me a little hope that the door is still open, albeit only slightly.

Anyway, mods feel free to close the thread if this is redundant.

I’d definitely be in for one.

#2 12 months ago

Where there is money to be made, they will keep making whatever etc.
I betcha next versions will have online game play stats and stuff.

#3 12 months ago

I would 100% buy a NIB MMr, AFMr, or MBr if CGC made more of them. SE+ or higher, preferably.

#4 12 months ago

Didn’t CGC already do another run of AFMR? I have a NIB SE with an Aug 2020 production date.

#5 12 months ago
Quoted from Engel67:

Didn’t CGC already do another run of AFMR? I have a NIB SE with a 2020 production date.

Think it was a small rerun but not sure.

Still NIB?? Well if you’re interested in trading for a Godzilla Premium or just selling, let me know

#6 12 months ago

They’re on record as saying there won’t be another AFM run. In addition if the rumors of their fallout with Planetary are true they may not have the licensing for another run even if they wanted to.

#7 12 months ago
Quoted from PantherCityPins:

In addition if the rumors of their fallout with Planetary are true

Not true. At all.

Both companies have other projects but still work together on some.

LTG : )

1 week later
#8 11 months ago

11 to 1, not a bad start and seems there still is demand.

Heard the recent LoserKid Podcast interview with Butch and it seems Butch agrees that continuing doing runs of past remakes (AFMR and MBr) and new remakes makes sense and there is demand, but he mentioned Doug doesn’t seem to agree as well as the WMS licenses are about to expire.

Is it that hard for CGC\Doug to just definitively confirm whether or not they are or aren’t going to ever do anymore runs of past remakes besides the “limited” MMR run? I’m not asking for dates or any timeframe, just something. I would think by now they know if they are or aren’t or are we to just assume\hope that since no one has said they aren’t, that means they are but just not in the near future?

#9 11 months ago

I pray for this weekly, I missed out on all the fun with MMR and AFMR. Id be in on an MMR no doubt!

#10 11 months ago
Quoted from ExSquid:

I pray for this weekly, I missed out on all the fun with MMR and AFMR. Id be in on an MMR no doubt!

Same here and I totally get not being able to give a date\timeframe, but you can say if you are or aren’t EVER doing another run, heck even if it’s 5-10 years from now.

I’ll continue my campaign in the hopes someone from CGC can confirm one way or another someday.

#11 11 months ago
Quoted from Pinball_Eddie:

Same here and I totally get not being able to give a date\timeframe, but you can say if you are or aren’t EVER doing another run, heck even if it’s 5-10 years from now.
I’ll continue my campaign in the hopes someone from CGC can confirm one way or another someday.

Yeah I feel the same way but I also think maybe they DONT announce that kind of stuff so as to not deter sales from their newer games? I don't know. I just want an MMR after finally getting a chance to play one a few weeks ago. I can now understand why everyone holds it in high regard.

#12 11 months ago
Quoted from ExSquid:

Yeah I feel the same way but I also think maybe they DONT announce that kind of stuff so as to not deter sales from their newer games? I don't know. I just want an MMR after finally getting a chance to play one a few weeks ago. I can now understand why everyone holds it in high regard.

Exactly. They have 0 incentive to tell you what they're going to do in a few years. If anything, it might make you squirrel away money and not buy the games they are trying to sell you now.

Nobody else is telling you what's coming more than a year in advance... True for many industries..

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 210.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC
Various novelties
$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room
Decorations
$ 15.00
Cabinet Parts
Mödley Crüe
Cabinet parts
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods
Under cabinet
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Gainesville, GA
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
15,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pelzer, SC
$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames
Decorations
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
Machine - For Sale
Lonsdale, MN
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball
Decorations
$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs
(Alt) Translites
14,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/afmr-any-chance-at-all-for-another-run and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.