(Topic ID: 258900)

Fixed- AFM (WPC 95) bank target is not going up or down.

By Pinrookie

50 days ago

Topic Stats

• 9 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 49 days ago by Pinrookie
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 2 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

AE1E14FC-B7A2-412B-A3CD-8F4500FDC817 (resized).jpeg
4110939E-CDE4-4CB6-8252-7845832266CE (resized).jpeg

#1 50 days ago

Hi There

Can someone can help me plz? My AFM the bank target is not moving up or down. It looks like there is no power 12v to the motor. Can anyone suggest to me where should I start? And check what the issue maybe?

I checked the fuse and the coin door was closed when I in the testing mode.

Best regards
Paul

#2 50 days ago

You don't need to close the door or enable the high power interlock switch for 12 volts.

The motor plugs onto a small board nearby. Power to the board ? Power to the motor ?

Try and isolate bad motor, bad board, or power not getting there.

LTG : )

#3 49 days ago

Hi LTG

Thank you for the reply. There is no 12v to the small board next to the motor. So I believe is it a transistor issue on the board. Plus I believe the transistor at Q29 is control the motor. Plz let me know if I am wrong.

I put the board out and test the transistor from Q29 to Q32.

Test # 1
Black pin in the middle leg. Red at the other two legs. All of them showed OL.

Test # 2
With red pin in the middle with black pin on the left pin
Q29- .574
Q30- .533
Q31- .574
Q32- .579

Test # 3
With red pin in the middle with black pin on the right pin
Q29- .482
Q30- .483
Q31- .481
Q32- .479

My conclusion is I have no clue how to tell which transistor is bad any suggestions?

Best regards
Paul

#4 49 days ago

I just fixed this for a buddy. There was 12v in, but not out. I reflowed the pins and that solved it. Is there 12v coming out of the driver board? Trace the power and see where you lose it.

#5 49 days ago

The last time I repaired an AFM with that issue, I seem to remember that it was a continuity issue, rather than a technical issue. Check your connectors and lugs for broken wires, check your PCB header pins for cracked solder joints.

#6 49 days ago

Thank you for all the replies.

I think I found something unusual.

The transistor on this mini board under the playfield or next the motor (pic 1 & pic 2). Have some unusual testing results.

Test # 1
Black pin in the middle leg. Red pin on the left.
Reading- .754

Test # 2
Black pin in the middle leg. Red pin on the right.
Reading- .696

I believe it should be show OL right? If the transistor was good and based on my previous post testing results.

Test # 3
With red pin in the middle with black pin on the left
Reading - .554

Test # 4
With red pin in the middle with black pin on the right
Reading- .482

My questions are:
1. Is it that TIP102 faulty?
2. If yes, can I just replace another TIP102?

Just want to confirm the Transistor on the board has labeled “9540 Malaysia TIP 102” on it. My new one has “CDIL TIP102 W7 T” on it. I believe this should be OK right?

Thank you in advance

Best regards
Paul
4110939E-CDE4-4CB6-8252-7845832266CE (resized).jpegAE1E14FC-B7A2-412B-A3CD-8F4500FDC817 (resized).jpeg

#7 49 days ago
Quoted from Pinrookie:

Just want to confirm the Transistor on the board has labeled “9540 Malaysia TIP 102” on it. My new one has “CDIL TIP102 W7 T” on it. I believe this should be OK right?

Yes, the extra info is just the manufacturing information.

#8 49 days ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

Yes, the extra info is just the manufacturing information.

Thank you
I believe the transistor on the board is faulty right?

I try to solve this issue one at a time

#9 49 days ago

Thank u for your help and advices. I reseating all the plugs and changed a transistor at the mini board. Now the game is back to normal.
Happy day
Cheers
Paul

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 40.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Arcade Arts

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside