(Topic ID: 31484)

AFM With Chrome Rails & Lockdown Bar: Chrome Or Black Blades? (& Any Pics?)

By NM

6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 16 posts
  • 11 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Bryan_Kelly
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Wondering What Color Blades You'd Put On An AFM With Chrome Rails & A Chrome Lockdown Bar?”

• Chrome Blades 15 votes
    63%
  • Black Blades 9 votes
    38%

(24 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

There have been 2 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20111230_001.jpg
100_0012.JPG

#1 6 years ago

Trying to decide what color mirror blades would look best on an AFM with chrome rails & a chrome lockdown bar: chrome or black?

Thinking the chrome on chrome might look pretty sweet...but also wondered if that might be too might chrome all in one spot--and if a little contrast might look better (such as black blades)?

Decisions, decisions.

And anyone have pics of either?

TIA for your vote!

#2 6 years ago

The mirror blades make the light reflect and catch my eye. Do not like that part about them. But if you are going to do it I suppose black. I wish I had taken my rails off to have chrome put on.I bought machine new in 1995.Chrome was not as popular back then. Good luck!!

100_0012.JPG

#3 6 years ago

Deadlocked--more votes needed to break the 3-3 tie!

TIA!

#4 6 years ago

No question, go with chrome all the way.

#5 6 years ago

So funny, I am in the same predicament Neil, and I can't decide between chrome or black blades either!

I've seen pictures of an AFM with black mirror blades, but it's kind of hard to really tell what they look like from pics...I'd much prefer to see them in person, but I don't think that is going to be possible.

#6 6 years ago

chrome over black - here is a photo of a sited pin that I saw a few months back

20111230_001.jpg

#7 6 years ago

I kind of favor the black and will be doing one soon,I hope .

Here is a cool video of a AFM with black mirrors and I love the way it looks . I know it does not have any chrome on this machine but it shows you a lot of the side mirrors .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=bORhrV-JBFY

Jim

#8 6 years ago

I put black blades in mine but think I'll pull them and go chrome. Definitely go chrome if you have chrome rails.

1 week later
#9 6 years ago
Quoted from McCune:

I kind of favor the black and will be doing one soon,I hope .
Here is a cool video of a AFM with black mirrors and I love the way it looks . I know it does not have any chrome on this machine but it shows you a lot of the side mirrors .
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=bORhrV-JBFY
Jim

Man, that video is awesome!

1 month later
#10 6 years ago

Outstanding, professionally done video and restoration. Kudos to you.

#11 6 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

So funny, I am in the same predicament Neil, and I can't decide between chrome or black blades either!
I've seen pictures of an AFM with black mirror blades, but it's kind of hard to really tell what they look like from pics...I'd much prefer to see them in person, but I don't think that is going to be possible.

Steve can't make up his mind either. I've threatened to go with pink if he doesn't let me know soon. We're going to call it the "alternative" AFM.

#12 6 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

Steve can't make up his mind either. I've threatened to go with pink if he doesn't let me know soon. We're going to call it the "alternative" AFM.

I've decided to go with black mirror blades on mine, so he should do something different. I think the pink would work.

#13 6 years ago

I decided on chrome on chrome...but you really can't go wrong here!

1 month later
#14 6 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

Not quite sure how I missed this thread. After a long debate I decided against the "Alternative" AFM theme. What we did come up with I think will look very nice though.

The Pink trim will have to be used on B. Kelly's LTBR.....

#15 6 years ago

I went with black mirrored on mine and couldn't be happier! It keeps the original contrast, but adds a subtle "wow" at the same time.

Easy:
Black for subtle wow.
Chrome for in-your-face wow.

#16 6 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

Not quite sure how I missed this thread. After a long debate I decided against the "Alternative" AFM theme. What we did come up with I think will look very nice though.
The Pink trim will have to be used on B. Kelly's LTBR.....

Yup, and Matt at Back Alley does some damn nice work and is really easy to work with.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 30.00
Pinball Machine
Habos Arcade

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside