Topic poll

“Which game is the best?”

• Attack From Mars 84 votes
    87%
  • Cactus Canyon 13 votes
    13%

(97 votes)

Topic Gallery

There have been 2 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

98B83E3D-6B28-4F39-A32B-C0E5FA819D5C (resized).jpeg
4DAA884C-7F1C-4B79-B2B2-C57431E18757 (resized).png

#1 5 months ago

Looks like the next remake is going to be Cactus Canyon so just wondering how everyone thinks it stacks up to Attack from Mars?

#2 5 months ago

CC is cool looking and a neat theme, but AFM blows it away in terms of game play, rules ect.

#3 5 months ago

to add to concretehardt: I think CC is a decent game whose halo was uplifted by its relatively low production. I'll be surprised if it sells anywhere near as well as AFM, MM or MB remakes.

#4 5 months ago

I personally find CC with the completed code to be much more enjoyable than AFM.

The original CC feels pretty gutted compared to the Continued upgrade and I probably would have choose AFM over CC if it weren't for that.

#5 5 months ago

. cc is fun but needs finishing and then it cld be much better as the toys and layout are fun.
Afm is just about perfect as it sits and is very well liked by most.

#6 5 months ago

I like the music in CC. Never played one, but looks like AFM is better.

#7 5 months ago

Wow AFM is taking a commanding lead so far!

#8 5 months ago

I would love to know, I don't think I have played more than 2 games ever on CC and that was at MGC about 4 years ago.

However I'm a big fan of Afm.

#9 5 months ago

If it was CCC it would be a a harder decision but without the continued code, AFM is better IMO.

#10 5 months ago
4DAA884C-7F1C-4B79-B2B2-C57431E18757 (resized).png
#11 5 months ago

It depends on what you like. CCC has Cowboys and Aliens. The mode uses a really cool theme and has the aliens from AFM pop up out of the playfield. You can destroy saucers by shooting the flashing arrows. You also get great graphics on the DMD. CCC is alot of fun to play. The game also has all the sounds from other games like AFM, MM, MB, FH, SS, CV, TAF, even music from CP. You can shoot the Trolls from MM. Hit the Ringmaster from CV. Even Hit cousin It. The Extra Ball skit for CC is Hilarious.

#12 5 months ago
Quoted from whthrs166:

It depends on what you like. CCC has Cowboys and Aliens. The mode uses a really cool theme and has the aliens from AFM pop up out of the playfield. You can destroy saucers by shooting the flashing arrows. You also get great graphics on the DMD. CCC is alot of fun to play. The game also has all the sounds from other games like AFM, MM, MB, FH, SS, CV, TAF, even music from CP. You can shoot the Trolls from MM. Hit the Ringmaster from CV. Even Hit cousin It. The Extra Ball skit for CC is Hilarious.

If we were talking about Ccc and not cc it wld be a different story. I really enjoy the continued game and wld love to have one . But the regular cc is just ok and needs some work.

#13 5 months ago

Once you've played CCC there's no going back. Without Eric's code AFM all day long!

#14 5 months ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Looks like the next remake is going to be Cactus Canyon so just wondering how everyone thinks it stacks up to Attack from Mars?

Where was this confirmed? I wanna see! Also how the hell are they gonna produce it since the original was half-baked.
Are they just gonna pump out the incomplete games and hope the CCC mod is what compels people to buy?
“Buy this car and put in your own engine!!”

#15 5 months ago

CC is boring. CCC is less boring. I owned a HEP CCC and sold it back in 2016, since I knew I'd get my head handed to me when CGC announced a remake.

CC was interesting to collectors because it was rare. From my perspective, both CC & CCC are not great players.

AFM by a mile.

#16 5 months ago

Oh God AFM so easy.

Cc is a rarity and tries the same gameplay style but it isn't even close. It has the charm of the late W/Bs but gameplay is far off. Good ideas, but doesn't come together. I did a bunch of beta testing for CCC, which of course is an improvement,
And now I never want to play it again.

#17 5 months ago
Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

Where was this confirmed? I wanna see! Also how the hell are they gonna produce it since the original was half-baked.
Are they just gonna pump out the incomplete games and hope the CCC mod is what compels people to buy?
“Buy this car and put in your own engine!!”

It hasn't been confirmed but it appears to be true that it is going to be the next remake.

2 months later
#18 64 days ago

AFM by far, its one of the best pins ever.
CC is under average, highly collectible because of rarity and thats about it.
CCC is an average fun pin, IF they remake CC, hope it’ll be the CCC version.

98B83E3D-6B28-4F39-A32B-C0E5FA819D5C (resized).jpeg
#19 64 days ago
Quoted from RETROCENGO:

IF they remake CC, hope it’ll be the CCC version.

Yeah this wont happen. They are supposedly completing the original code. (one of the reasons why it's taking sooooooo long) I was going to wait til they released CCr and pick one up, but I got a deal on a CCC and went that route. (glad I did) Continued is amazing! It will be cool to see what they come up with code wise. I am as eager as anyone to see it completed.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RGP Models
$ 259.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside