• Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Blue_ray_gun.gif
DSC05998.JPG
#1 11 years ago

Surly the "toppers" that people are selling are just themed toys?

I.e We can all buy a T2 looking robot & claim it's a "topper"

Maybe it's another avenue that I need to go down.

But.. Come on over $300 for this - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Attack-Mars-Pinball-Machine-Flying-Saucer-TOPPER-UFO-Mod-Upgrade-Add-/170843140510?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item27c70b719e#ht_1239wt_1346

#2 11 years ago

Actually, that thing looks really cool, never seen that topper on an AFM.

#3 11 years ago

Cool costs a fortune now a days, does it?

For something that looks like it was bought in a £1 store/shop & then cables added.

That's one huge profit margin.

Watch this space.

#4 11 years ago

Cool DOES cost a fortune.. Unless you're talking Miles Davis, then the CD's are a pretty good value for the most part.

AFM's are crazy expensive, I'm sure there's a sucka with the bread to buy that topper somewhere.
If the saucer jolted around when you destroy a saucer in the game, I'll bet people would eat it right up.

#5 11 years ago

Then again if it was peanuts to make & x amount to list.. Big profit.

I'm now on the hunt for kids toys. Toys r'us

#6 11 years ago
Quoted from BVM:

Surly the "toppers" that people are selling are just themed toys?
But.. Come on over $300 for this - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Attack-Mars-Pinball-Machine-Flying-Saucer-TOPPER-UFO-Mod-Upgrade-Add-/170843140510?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item27c70b719e#ht_1239wt_1346

Its actually priced very well considering the saucer used runs about $70-$100 and it has a Martian with LED eyes which are about $75 each, then you have the LED's, bracket, time to build it. Watch the price go up on this style topper!

#7 11 years ago
Quoted from robbiev:

BVM said:Surly the "toppers" that people are selling are just themed toys?
Its actually priced very well considering the saucer used runs about $70-$100 and it has a Martian with LED eyes which are about $75 each, then you have the LED's, bracket, time to build it. Watch the price go up on this style topper!

Replication time.

Easy.

#8 11 years ago
Quoted from BVM:

robbiev said:BVM said:Surly the "toppers" that people are selling are just themed toys?
Replication time.
Easy.

Go for it...much more rewarding to build it yourself!

#9 11 years ago

Thanks for pointing it out. I think I might just buy it. It looks pretty cool to me and I don't have the time to build one.

Jim

#10 11 years ago
Quoted from robbiev:

go for it...much more rewarding to build it yourself!

+1 I do think it is a goodlooking topper either way.

#11 11 years ago

I think you should have it hover back and forth too.

#12 11 years ago

And have Miles Davis behind the wheel for added cool.

#13 11 years ago
Quoted from BVM:

robbiev said:BVM said:Surly the "toppers" that people are selling are just themed toys?
Replication time.
Easy.

You can buy that saucer for $70.00, buy a Martian from marco for $30 put LED’s in the eyes, maybe $5 for the LED’s for the eyes (provided you have the skill and don’t murder $100 worth of Martians trying.) Put the LED’s in the ship maybe another $10-$20. Make a bracket maybe another $5-$10. Make the wiring harness another $5, probably take ya maybe 3 hours to build it 100% and you seem like a minimum wage type of guy so add $7.25 X 3…so yeah you could replicate it for about $160! Have fun!

#14 11 years ago
Quoted from Blakesell:

And have Miles Davis behind the wheel for added cool.

LMFAO

#15 11 years ago

$350 is a bit hefty! I like Laseriffic stuff!

#16 11 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

$350 is a bit hefty! I like Laseriffic stuff!

Yeah good idea...lets all have the same cookie cutter toppers!

#17 11 years ago
Quoted from robbiev:

BVM said:robbiev said:BVM said:Surly the "toppers" that people are selling are just themed toys?
Replication time.
Easy.
You can buy that saucer for $70.00, buy a Martian from marco for $30 put LED’s in the eyes, maybe $5 for the LED’s for the eyes (provided you have the skill and don’t murder $100 worth of Martians trying.) Put the LED’s in the ship maybe another $10-$20. Make a bracket maybe another $5-$10. Make the wiring harness another $5, probably take ya maybe 3 hours to build it 100% and you seem like a minimum wage type of guy so add $7.25 X 3…so yeah you could replicate it for about $160! Have fun!

So i've been told. See above.

#18 11 years ago

I have one of those toys sitting around my house.... I am not sure how the put in the LEDs - Wish I could see it up close. I ask becuase the toy saucer (top and bottom are actually flush together but when the put the LEDs in it has a gap).

I have had the toy sitting in the box for a while - I bought a while back but not sure I like it as much as the Laseriffic one now...

#19 11 years ago

I agree. I like toppers that go across the whole top of the machine.

#20 11 years ago

I know a guy that has the Laseriffic one with a saucer like this kinda hanging over it...the combo is really cool.

#21 11 years ago

Somebody already bought it. I think the thread helped the sale along. Genius if you were the one selling it BVM.

#22 11 years ago

cost a lot but look at it! it is so cool!

#23 11 years ago

This isn't out of line by market standards, the two toppers I want to buy for my MM and TOTAN at pinballdecals are like 300+ and 200+. But for how much they cost based on the actual cost of goods, I haven't been able to convince myself to pull the trigger on any of them.

#24 11 years ago

He has some other cool stuff! I'm looking at the T2 Exoskeleton Mod. (if I can figure out how much it cost in dollars)

#25 11 years ago

Wow! That sold quick, new one re-listed.

ebay.com link: itm

#26 11 years ago

The T2 is $62 shipped...
I think I'm IN!

#27 11 years ago
Quoted from BackFlipper:

Somebody already bought it. I think the thread helped the sale along. Genius if you were the one selling it BVM.

It's not just a hat stand... but hand on heart the seller has no connection with me!

#28 11 years ago

Second one is sold too! WOW!

#29 11 years ago

Was the price higher for the 2nd one?

#30 11 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Was the price higher for the 2nd one?

Yeah...$25 more.

#31 11 years ago

very easy to built, i can make something similar with leds plug directly in the 12v plug inside the machine for about $30 max.

some ufos can be found here :
http://www.monstersinmotion.com/cart/spaceships-vehicles-item-listj-c-13_192/products-name-p-15670

just ad leds and your are done!

#32 11 years ago

I bought his T2 Mod...looks cool! Andy is a nice guy too!

#33 11 years ago

Here's mine. The saucer cost me $250 to be made. Really putsy........you have to take the whole thing apart and put that led strip in there..........not fun. Gary Burback does this locally and sold quite a few. It looks great in combination with my topper.

DSC05998.JPGDSC05998.JPG

#34 11 years ago

Sweet!

Blue_ray_gun.gifBlue_ray_gun.gif

#37 11 years ago

I wonder if it interacts with the game like Gary Burback's topper, or if it just runs a stand-alone sequence.

#38 11 years ago

Cheaper than what I've used for toppers in the past. My IM topper cost me $350 plus.

Great thing about this hobby is everyone likes something different what makes the hobby so interesting!

#39 11 years ago
Quoted from chriskd:

I wonder if it interacts with the game like Gary Burback's topper, or if it just runs a stand-alone sequence.

It has its own sequence with 48 LEDS, I think Garys only has 16.

#40 11 years ago

Gary's works with Ung's saucer set. It is really cool. I'll take pics and video of it this weekend and what it looks like lit up with my AFM topper cityscape.

#41 11 years ago

Price dropped by $26 and shipping lowered by $10

ebay.com link: itm

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Wanted
Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 27.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN
$ 21.50
$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 30.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Van Alstyne, TX
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/afm-topper-265-wtf and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.