Topic Stats

• 15 posts
  • 8 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by Magic_Mike
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 11 years ago

I just noticed that the game was shipped with the strobe light piece removed. No idea why, but any ideas for where I could buy this piece?

By removed I mean when I removed the metal box there was nothing on the inside and when I look for the xenon bulb under the mothership it's not there.

Is this http://www.pinbits.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=13_11&products_id=256
the complete replacement I need? Or am I pretty much out of luck here?

#2 11 years ago

Email Martin at Pinbits, he can help you immensely.

LTG : )

#3 11 years ago

Thanks. I sent them an email but not sure if it goes to Martin. I was bummed when I hit stroke of luck and I was prepared for a strobe and nothing happened

#4 11 years ago

Plus I have no idea how to install the pinbits version of the strobe

#5 11 years ago
Quoted from thevahid010:

Plus I have no idea how to install the pinbits version of the strobe

It looks like Pinbits is out of stock. You may have to buy the old school type which is still available at some distributors.

However, if you're not good at soldering, I would just wait until the Pinbits version comes back in stock.

Also, call the seller. He may have removed it while shopping out the game.

Good luck!

#6 11 years ago

Martin will be able to help you. You should see a cable to connect the strobe into. I used the pinbits strobe and it works great. Also, once you have the strobe if it doesn't fire fast enough the board behind the backboard probably has gone bad. Martin rebuilt my board and the difference was night and day.

#7 11 years ago

I believe Homepin in Australia reproduced these.

Or is working on the project?

Inquire within.

http://www.homepin.com/

#8 11 years ago
Quoted from marksf123:

Martin will be able to help you. You should see a cable to connect the strobe into. I used the pinbits strobe and it works great. Also, once you have the strobe if it doesn't fire fast enough the board behind the backboard probably has gone bad. Martin rebuilt my board and the difference was night and day.

So when you say backboard is that behind the backbox glass, or is backboard right behind the playfield? I ask because the metal box behind the playfield that is supposed to house a part of the strobe is comepletely empty. I unscrewed the metal box and there is nothing there. Does the pinbits strobe come with what is supposed to go into that metal box and have the xenon bulb altogther or is it just the xenon bulb?

#9 11 years ago

Whoever sold you the game should make it right. WTF

#10 11 years ago

Hello All!

We are hoping to have strobe assemblies restocked by Monday evening.

Enjoy your Sunday everybody!

#11 11 years ago

Maybe I'm using the wrong term. I'm not only missing the strobe I'm missing what is in the high voltage box. When I unscrew the metal high voltage box there is nothing underneath. What is the name of the component and where can I get what is underneath this box?

#12 11 years ago

Per a post Martin from Pinbits made awhile ago you need these 5 parts:

1) The strobe lamp board (easy to replace)
2) The silicone interconnect wire (runs the 4500V trigger pulse to the lamp board)
3) The strobe power board
4) The strobe power board mounting plate
5) The strobe power board cover (for safety purposes)

Pinbits does make a replacement for #1 and it sounds like you have #5. Your biggest problem is probably #3 as I don't believe anyone ever made a replacement for it. Your best bet at this point is to probably hope that someone parts out an AFM and your able to snag that board before someone else does... Sorry for the bad news. I would definitely follow up with the seller and see what they say.

#13 11 years ago

That really stinks. I've sent him a pm and hopefully he has it.

#14 11 years ago

Martin does not make the strobe power board. I remember when I sent him the board to repair I had to make sure i insured it, had a signature delivery and tracking (all at Martin's must recommendation) as the board is no longer available. I was nervous until it got back in my hands. I must say that Martin has great service.

#15 11 years ago
Quoted from thevahid010:

Maybe I'm using the wrong term. I'm not only missing the strobe I'm missing what is in the high voltage box. When I unscrew the metal high voltage box there is nothing underneath. What is the name of the component and where can I get what is underneath this box?

Okay, now this just sounds plain malicious. That was definitely removed on purpose.

What did the seller have to say???

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Wanted
$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN
$ 27.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Van Alstyne, TX
$ 30.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 21.50
$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/afm-strobe-light-missing- and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.