Topic Stats

• 5 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by ficus
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 1 year ago

Been having an issue with the autoplunger staying stuck up intermittently on my AFM. After it fires I can see the plunger rod staying up and can hear the coil energizing / feel some vibration through the right flipper button.

It looks and feels like it is sticking mechanically as opposed to through some actuation problem. Video of moving the plunger by hand where you can see it sticking sometimes:

I took this machine out of storage a couple of months ago to find this coil dead, so this is a brand new coil. It does look like the end of the coil sleeve has a little fraying already, so maybe that is contributing (or a symptom of another problem). But the machine will also go through fairly long stretches without the problem occurring. Any ideas?

#2 1 year ago

I would replace the plunger then go from there

#3 1 year ago

Disassemble and clean the inside of the coil sleeve and the exterior of the bell armature rod (if coil sleeve is damaged you will need to replace it). Also, make sure everything is seated and aligned correctly. Be sure to take a couple of photos if this is your first time so that you put everything back together correctly.

It is rare for coils to swell, but if it has and is pinching the sleeve/armature rod then it will need to be replaced.

#4 1 year ago

If the cleaning doesn't work you can sometimes hack this by putting a small rubber ring on the plunger so it fits down inside the back circular part. Def. a hack though since that's not the way it's supposed to be put together.

#5 1 year ago

Thanks all. Pretty sure the coil has not swelled since the action through the coil is really smooth until the very end. It does seem to be getting hung up in the back circular part so I might try cleaning/sanding that out, or maybe just buying a new plunger. Appreciate the fast responses.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Van Alstyne, TX
$ 21.50
$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 37.50
$ 30.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 27.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Westwood, NJ
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/afm-sticky-autoplunger and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.