• 13 posts
  • 12 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by yuriijos
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 3 years ago

Yep, you read that right.

I was upstairs on the 2nd floor of my home coming down to the basement, and I heard AFM start on its own. It had a 2 player game going, and it even had fired the first ball of player one all on its own.

Never have seen that before.

Went into switch test mode, start button trips fine and does not hang up. Even if it did, the launch button went off on its own as well, so it would not have been a case of a game just firing up on its own.

What...in...the...world?

And yes, I was alone in the house .

#2 3 years ago

I'm not sure about the self-starting, but you might have an "auto launch after " setting enabled. It's there on some games to prevent a game from being started and left in play.

#3 3 years ago

You got a ghost in your home!

#4 3 years ago

Or martians!

#5 3 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

No, you weren't (insert evil Scooby Doo villain laugh)

#6 3 years ago

Martians are superior. They have four arms. That's more than enough arms to overpower an on/off switch.

#7 3 years ago

Put down the pipe.

#8 3 years ago

I'm always alone playing single player by myself and you have a ghost to play with, consider yourself lucky.

#9 3 years ago

I had the same type of thing happen to me (kind of). At 2AM I was woken up from a sound sleep to hear Indiana Jones playing in the basement. I cautiously went down the multiple flights of stairs in the pitch black of night. I found my 10 year old daughter sleep flipping my game. She had sleep walked all the way to the basement in the pitch dark and turned the game on and was playing it. How she even found her way in the complete dark is still beyond me.

#10 3 years ago
Quoted from not4tilts:

I had the same type of thing happen to me (kind of). At 2AM I was woken up from a sound sleep to hear Indiana Jones playing in the basement. I cautiously went down the multiple flights of stairs in the pitch black of night. I found my 10 year old daughter sleep flipping my game. She had sleep walked all the way to the basement in the pitch dark and turned the game on and was playing it. How she even found her way in the complete dark is still beyond me.

She is a true pinhead.....Did she get a good score?

#11 3 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

Yep, you read that right.
I was upstairs on the 2nd floor of my home coming down to the basement, and I heard AFM start on its own. It had a 2 player game going, and it even had fired the first ball of player one all on its own.
Never have seen that before.
Went into switch test mode, start button trips fine and does not hang up. Even if it did, the launch button went off on its own as well, so it would not have been a case of a game just firing up on its own.
What...in...the...world?

Damn Martians!!! Something needs to be done...

#12 3 years ago

So far, the game hasn't done it again. I was told by a good friend "It's pinball, random shit happens from time to time." Oh well then . Won't stop me from loving this game!!!

Quoted from Rum-Z:

Martians are superior. They have four arms. That's more than enough arms to overpower an on/off switch.

That wins Pinside's internet points for today. Awesome xD....

Quoted from not4tilts:

Not going to lie, that creeped me out a bit .

#13 3 years ago

My wife and daughter have sworn that they use to hear my ACDC at night when I'm sleeping. All my machines get turned off and I told them someone would have to turn it on first for it to make noise. I say ghosts that like pinball....

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside