Topic Stats

• 13 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by Skyemont
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 9 years ago

Ok have a problem here. I turn the pinball on, push start and then nothing. Ball will not eject into the shooter lane. Switches are fine along with the coils in test mode. Any body know whats up???

#2 9 years ago

Right number of balls in the ball trough ?

If so I'd suspect an opto issue on the ball trough boards. Even if they test fine.

Long shot is magnetized balls or divots in the "V" groove of the ball trough not letting the balls roll into position.

LTG : )™

#3 9 years ago

4 balls installed. Never checked opto. Let me check now.

#4 9 years ago

Ok LTG. i started a game and tested a few stitches. Slingshot switches work but coils on sling shots dont. Also switch in shooter lane does not work during game play.

#5 9 years ago

Shooter lane switch - I'd replace it, if gunked up inside they often work in test but not in game play.

Slingshot coils - Pull and check their fuse, check wires at the lugs for a broken wire - especially a thin wire coming off the coil to the lug. Then continuity of wires from coil to driver board.

Slingshots - check to if the plastic link that holds the plunger to kicker to see if it's broken.

#6 9 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Ok LTG. i started a game and tested a few stitches. Slingshot switches work but coils on sling shots dont. Also switch in shooter lane does not work during game play.

Silly question but you are closing the coin door when checking the coils right?

If the shooter switch is flaky, the auto fire coil won't shoot a ball. I doesn't "see" it.

#7 9 years ago
Quoted from Skins:

Silly question but you are closing the coin door when checking the coils right?
If the shooter switch is flaky, the auto fire coil won't shoot a ball. I doesn't "see" it.

Also, when you tested the switches did you use switch edge? Take the balls out and pass a pencil through the slot in the bottom of the trough and see that it registers each ball location. Also, I have had a ball stack on top of the other at the front of the trough after lifting the playfield. It won't register a ball loaded over the up kicker that way. My guess is a flaky opto board or it is grooved deep enough the ball is sitting below the opto beam.

#8 9 years ago

I will check switches again. Skins yes coin door closed. Tested i used single switch test. I took balls out and tested with a pencil. It worked fine.

#9 9 years ago

Just to be clear, it worked fine means you got four beeps. One for each opto on the trough?

#10 9 years ago
Quoted from Skins:

Just to be clear, it worked fine means you got four beeps. One for each opto on the trough?

yes its just funny how the sling shot coils do not work during game play but the sling shot switches do.. The problem starts there i think.

#11 9 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

yes its just funny how the sling shot coils do not work during game play but the sling shot switches do

Two different circuits. Nothing funny.

In solenoid test and coin door high power switch enabled, do they work then ?

#12 9 years ago

F103 is for slingshots, F104 ball trough, F108 solenoid secondary - pull and check with a meter.

Both slingshots have one wire common, red wire with a black stripe, check it for continuity back to the board.

#13 9 years ago

What wires go to the switch that the coin door hits. I think thats my problem. There is no wire attached for some reason.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 21.50
$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Van Alstyne, TX
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Wanted
$ 30.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
$ 27.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/afm-shooter-lane-issue and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.