New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 138672)

AFM Right flipper does not cycle through inlanes.

By Boatshoe

5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 4 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by yonkiman
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 5 years ago

I don't even know where to start on this one. Both flippers work fine. Left flipper button will cycle through the inlane lights, right flipper button will not. It did start working intermittently, but now it failed again.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

#2 5 years ago

Go into switch test mode and check the flipper button switches.

Each flipper button has two optos. The one that triggers first flips the flippers. The one that triggers second probably controls the inlanes. You will probably find that this switch simply isn't working.

The fix could be simple. You'd start by trying to clean the opto with maybe some alcohol and a Q tip.

#3 5 years ago

Thanks, I'll check it out.

1 week later
#4 5 years ago
Quoted from mot:

Each flipper button has two optos. The one that triggers first flips the flippers. The one that triggers second probably controls the inlanes.

Dude! I did not know that - I always assumed if the flipper fires that the software HAD to know I pressed it, so I was very confused when occasionally I wouldn't get a lane change after a flip - I thought it was a bug in the software I just had to learn to live with!

I'm 3000 miles away from my AFM right now but can't wait to get home and fix that!

Thanks!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 36.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside