Topic Stats

• 170 posts
  • 41 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Skins
  • Topic is favorited by 40 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 261 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image.jpg
image.jpg
image_5.jpg
image_4.jpg
image_3.jpg
image_2.jpg
image_1.jpg
image.jpg
image_2.jpg
image_1.jpg
image.jpg
image_7.jpg
image_6.jpg
image_5.jpg
image_4.jpg
image_3.jpg

There are 170 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 4.
#151 3 years ago

Bill ung kit and expansion kit installed. Everything is working except the right hallway light is missing several led's. Not sure what's going on there.

image.jpg
Everything else is good. Need to tweet a couple switches and lights. I did have a phantom pop fire when the Martian coils are activated but I can't reproduce it. I'm sure it will show up again once it's in the cabinet.

Next up it to do final connections in the backbox and dress the wires up in there. On the home stretch.

#152 3 years ago

That target bank decal looks great!
Where can I get one of those?

#153 3 years ago

Such quality work - I just read through your entire post and am so impressed! Well Done

#154 3 years ago
Quoted from bballfan:

That target bank decal looks great!
Where can I get one of those?

Pinsider pinballcustoms makes them.

Quoted from mountaingamer:

Such quality work - I just read through your entire post and am so impressed! Well Done

Thank you. It has been a ton of work. It's nice to see it shows through in the pics.

1 week later
#155 3 years ago

So having my reset issue hopefully ::knock on wood:: resolved; it is time to get my AFM wrapped up.

The first hurdle was the 3 bank target wasn't raising or lowering high/low enough. The ball struck the top of the carrier when up or skipped over it when down.
image.jpgimage.jpg
Turns out the shaft holding the cam was bent. So with a little bending, it operates correctly now. The ball doesn't make contact with the top of the carrier any more.
image.jpgimage.jpg
All the switches have been tweaked. Everything is registering properly. I have a couple bulbs needing tweaked and a couple swapped out.

image.jpg
Apron looks sweet.
image.jpg
I am super happy with the cointaker afterburner pop lights.
image.jpg
Still need to dress a few wires on the bottom.
image.jpg
Last major thing to go is the acrylic backboard.

#156 3 years ago

Whoa, that is one FANCY apron!

#157 3 years ago
Quoted from hisokajp:

Whoa, that is one FANCY apron!

Yes +1

#158 3 years ago

And the backboard is installed. It's expensive but I am very impressed with the fit and finish of it. I still need to install the interactive lights to it. I didn't know I needed black duct tape. The Mothership has the gozmod installed. I also installed the pinbits enhanced strobe light.
image.jpgimage.jpg

Added the sol light mod too.
image.jpg

#159 3 years ago

Huge milestone. After many months, the game is back in the cabinet! Still tweaks to do and hookup the backboard lighting but it's in the home stretch. I also still need to load the color dmd rom also.
image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

Closeup of the apron with the ball guard powder coated matte black.

image.jpgimage.jpg

#160 3 years ago

Awesome job on your restore!

Quoted from Skins:

Added the sol light mod too.

Thank you for adding my SOL mod to cap it off. http://www.leesparts.com/products/afm-strokeofluck-light.html

#161 3 years ago

Now can you play such a pristine machine without thinking of the ball knocking around?

#162 3 years ago

Wow, what a beauty! Well done sir

#163 3 years ago

Stunning! Someday I hope to have a nice AFM like that.

#164 3 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

Stunning! Someday I hope to have a nice AFM like that.

I hope to get an AFM to start with

#165 3 years ago

Thanks for the kind words. I hope to have everything done and the legs on by this weekend. I will get better lighting and camera to take some good pictures. At any rate, I got the back board lights installed. Love how it illuminates. I'm underwhelmed by the flasher part. The saucer flashers drowned out the backboard flashers. image.jpg

#166 3 years ago

Shaker motor installed and functioning 100%. Man the game feels naked without it vibrating as the saucer blows up. image.jpg

#167 3 years ago

eh man... i love your work

1 month later
#168 3 years ago

Can you post some pictures of how you lit up the backboard? We have a backboard like that for our Scared Stiff, but have no clue on how to make it happen. The backboard looks awesome by the way. You should be glad you went for the cityscape, it just fits so much better in this machine!

#169 3 years ago

Wow. I thought I had a powdercoat addiction. Well done.

#170 3 years ago
Quoted from FreeBee:

Can you post some pictures of how you lit up the backboard? We have a backboard like that for our Scared Stiff, but have no clue on how to make it happen. The backboard looks awesome by the way. You should be glad you went for the cityscape, it just fits so much better in this machine!

It is a light kit designed for this backboard and sold by pinballdecals.com

Quoted from Zitt:

Wow. I thought I had a powdercoat addiction. Well done.

Thanks Zitt. I'm looking into a 3x3x5 oven to do bigger pieces but I have to run new electric to it so I'm wavering.

I have one last update with pictures to cap this restore off (including a moron mistake by me) later this week.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 26.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
€ 197.00
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
$ 40.00
Lighting - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
€ 95.00
Lighting - Led
FlipperLED
7,650 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Santa Clara, CA
$ 50.00
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 25.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 35.00
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
Machine - For Sale
Edmond, OK
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Bakersfield, CA
$ 239.00
$ 89.99
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Blacklick, OH
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 170 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 4.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside