Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0161 (resized).jpg
68BE4841-0F39-4B68-B153-E0F6288EED73 (resized).jpeg
20171226_164517 (resized).jpg
20170731_204924 (resized).jpg
#1 6 years ago

guys,

what is the best color for the afmr le? martian green, black or stainless steel?

#2 6 years ago

I think they all look cool in their own way but I'm a sucker for stainless on pins in general. It gives them a more industrial look and feel.

#3 6 years ago

Not green. It looks freaking hideous!!!!!

#4 6 years ago

Personally I love the green, very happy with mine.

#5 6 years ago

I picked Black, as this matches the 2 other machines in my tiny collection. Very happy with it.

#6 6 years ago

I went with black; very happy, it looks amazing.

#7 6 years ago

Though I went with black myself and love it, I certainly like the original look of stainless. However, the new larger display, topper etc original look is not important. Its basically a modded out game.

I also like the Green, here is my finding, everyone hates the picture, but upon seeing it in person, they agree it looks good. It is going to be personal preference, but certainly cannot go wrong with any.

Greg
Pinballpro.com

#8 6 years ago

The green is incredible, it is also the most common. If not for owning a GB, I would have gone green.

#9 6 years ago

I've seen the green in person and stick by my statement and green is generally my favorite color

1 week later
#10 6 years ago

more votes please

#11 6 years ago

I'm usually a orginal look type guy but blacked out games look pretty cool, mostly becasue we're used to seeing it with DE/Sterns.

Really anything other than that green that just looks like complete and utter shit. Looks like something a high schooler would paint.

#14 6 years ago

I love the green as it goes perfect with the theme....although stainless, and black both look great as well

#15 6 years ago

Green distinguishes it from the masses without making it look like a Stern Pro (from a distance).

1 week later
#17 6 years ago

You know what, at one time I would have said "Anything but black!" but I ended up with a black MMR and it's really grown on me. That said... probably green. It's kind of obnoxious but it gets attention!

#18 6 years ago

Love it or hate it green is the “brand “ of this machine. When in a room full of machines in the future, that’s what people will scan for to find it. That’s why I went green.

#19 6 years ago

Green. A no-brainer if you ask me.

#20 6 years ago

Black for sure. The green is pretty polarizing based on comments. It may be a sensory flaw I have, but it trips my gag reflex.

#21 6 years ago

Stainless is the safe choice. Green is the wild choice that looks kinda cool at first but I think it draws your eye away from the playfield and the total look of the game and looks toyish ( which I guess it is ; a toy!) Black seems to be the color that matches the cabinet and backbox the best therefore doesn't clash and detract from the overall look of the game. It gives it a sinister feel that draws ones eye to the playfield and backglass. I chose black but haven't received it yet so the jury is still out!

#22 6 years ago

I preordered an LE green. It maches the theme, and looks pretty cool. Im not a fan of black, too plain. Silver would be my second choice, because I think that is what the original is?

#23 6 years ago

I was initially wanting Green and fully intended to order a green one. Then I was offered an opportunity to aquire an LE that a friend had NIB that was black. I was not to keen on the black trim but The price was right and the game was available to pick up so I went for it and I am glad now that I chose it. With everything that the LE has to offer I now think (IMHO) that the green would be too much. The other reason I am glad I chose black is the quality of the powder coating is not top notch (IMHO). The rails and legs are fine like they are. The lock bar needs a better quality powder coat. This is the only thing I think could be improved on. There is a simple solution for me as I will just have my powder coat guys whip up something stunning for the lock bar!

2 months later
#24 6 years ago

Got my green LE, it looks freaking amazing. Awesome lights, love it!

#25 6 years ago

red would have been a nice option

#26 6 years ago

Black or green would look good in my opinion.

#27 6 years ago

GREEN!!!!!!!! This is the only pin that should ever be in MARTIAN Green... Come on MAN!!

#28 6 years ago

Green!!!! Green!!!! Green!!!!

#29 6 years ago

Martian Green looks amazing on this game. You really have to see it in person to fully appreciate it.

#30 6 years ago

Always bet on black...

20171226_164517 (resized).jpg20171226_164517 (resized).jpg

2 weeks later
#31 6 years ago

I went for green and I love it. Really matches well with the game's theme and makes it stand out in my game room (such as it is). But, I like color and so I love the red in my WOZ 75th. I hope the MBR, when it comes, will offer something different too, maybe purple?

#32 6 years ago

Got mine in black. I don't think the green trim goes well with the cabinet colors at all.

#33 6 years ago

I highly recommend the green. It matches the theme and the topper.

IMG_0161 (resized).jpgIMG_0161 (resized).jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 15.00
Cabinet Parts
Mödley Crüe

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 210.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 79.00
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 39.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/afm-remake-which-color-is-the-best?hl=tolls and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.