• Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

2011-12-27_19-24-17_43.jpg
2011-12-27_23-10-34_144.jpg
#1 10 years ago

I just purchased the AFM Plexiglass Backboard and lighting kit from Pinball Decals and installed the Plexiglass part last night. The question I have is if anyone relocated the box that is installed on the original Backboard as opposed to installing it on the Plexiglass? Unfortunately, with that box installed on the Plexiglass, It will make it impossible to add the light flasher kit to the large area covered by that box. Any advice would be appreciated.

Ed

#2 10 years ago

Buy the LED strip that mounts to the top of the back board.

#3 10 years ago

I purchased the entire light kit which includes the LED strip that mounts to the top. It also includes flashers for the back of the Plexi Backboard.

#4 10 years ago

Did you buy the city scape or space theme?

#5 10 years ago

That box on the back covers the high voltage strobe board. Relocating it would require a longer high voltage cable which could pose a problem?

#6 10 years ago

McCune, I purchased the space theme. I was torn between the two versions as I think they both look great but went with the Space theme as my son liked that one better.

#7 10 years ago

I just reinstalled it on the back of the plexiglass also.
I only have the light strip though.
Same thing as you,I didn't know what else I could do with the box back there.
Also had to drill holes to mount it.

#8 10 years ago
Quoted from eharan:

I purchased the space theme.

I just bought that one as well, but I have not installed it yet. I have a city backboard decal on my game now, which looks decent, but I wanted to transform the back corner into more of a space feel with color and art.

I didn't buy the lighting kit, so please post how you like it. It seemed kind of cool in the video, but they showed it with the city. Not sure how it looks with the space art and that kit is a ton of money for a few LEDs and not knowing how it looks. I was going to rig up something myself, but if the kit ends up looking awesome, I may consider it.

#9 10 years ago
Quoted from pingod:

Also had to drill holes to mount it.

I guess I was lucky as the holes were predrilled on the Plexiglass when I received it, so mounting it was very easy, although it takes up a good portion of the back of the backboard so hooking up the flashers back there may be difficult. I am going to tackle that project over the weekend.

#10 10 years ago
#11 10 years ago
Quoted from eharan:

I guess I was lucky as the holes were predrilled on the Plexiglass when I received it, so mounting it was very easy, although it takes up a good portion of the back of the backboard so hooking up the flashers back there may be difficult. I am going to tackle that project over the weekend.

That's why I didn't get the other led light kit,I didn't think there was enough room for them.
Good luck with the install,post pics when your done

#12 10 years ago

Mine is on the plexi...2011-12-27_19-24-17_43.jpg2011-12-27_19-24-17_43.jpg2011-12-27_23-10-34_144.jpg2011-12-27_23-10-34_144.jpg

6 years later
#13 3 years ago

Hi,

Quick question. How do you remove the backboard ? Do you need to take the playfield out of the cabinet ? Tilt the playfield up ?

Thanks. I have been sitting on this mod for a few years. Seems like a good time to finally install it.

Jim

#14 3 years ago
Quoted from ataritoday:

Hi,
Quick question. How do you remove the backboard ? Do you need to take the playfield out of the cabinet ? Tilt the playfield up ?
Thanks. I have been sitting on this mod for a few years. Seems like a good time to finally install it.
Jim

I did it with the playfield pulled forward all the way. If I remember correctly, you have to tip the playfield up first to remove screws that go thru from the bottom.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

10,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Onekama, MI
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Westwood, NJ
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Van Alstyne, TX
$ 27.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 21.50
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 30.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/afm-plexiglass-backboard-question and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.