• 41 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by Otaku
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Fullscreen capture 3242017 70246 PM (resized).jpg
There are 78 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 7 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

And it is pretty hard to find nice originals with unfaded screen printed cabinet as opposed to restored with new stickers.

That is true also.... another reason to keep mine lol... Im guessing new ones are decals?

#52 7 years ago
Quoted from Underspin:

Please Pinsiders, please join me and never buy anything from Game Room Guys. At least shop around and make them your last option.

Based on your post, I have decided not to purchase an AFMr from GRG.

#53 7 years ago
Quoted from Razorbak86:

Based on your post, I have decided not to purchase an AFMr from GRG.

Lol. One down, 999 to go

#54 7 years ago

One thing I've wondered about with MMr and now AFMr is whether there will be long-term technical support and replacement parts for any of the newer tech they put in the games. Do they have a proprietary board set or parts? I admittedly haven't researched much about these games...

#55 7 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

That is true also.... another reason to keep mine lol... Im guessing new ones are decals?

Don't think any pins manufactured now are anything other than stickers/decals.

Too expensive to screen print.

That's why I shake my head when people take a screened cabinet with a bit of fade and put stickers on it that wrinkle and bubble in no time!

#56 7 years ago

Decals don't wrinkle if you install the stern style metal leg protectors before the legs go on.

#57 7 years ago
Quoted from frunch:

One thing I've wondered about with MMr and now AFMr is whether there will be long-term technical support and replacement parts for any of the newer tech they put in the games. Do they have a proprietary board set or parts? I admittedly haven't researched much about these games...

The mechs are all pretty much identical and easily serviced but the PCBs and light PCBs and everything else is totally unique

#58 7 years ago

pretty sure tech support packages were offered in the price differences, had a 3 month warranty, 6 month etc.

#59 7 years ago

Decals don't wrinkle and bubble in no time. Just because scabs did a shit job with Monster Bash or something doesn't mean it's really a problem.

The market will tell. I'd consider buying an old AFM for the right price, but if it's even remotely close the price of a new one I'd pass. Good for the originalists, I get it, but I'm not one.

#60 7 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Decals don't wrinkle and bubble in no time. Just because scabs did a shit job with Monster Bash or something doesn't mean it's really a problem.
The market will tell. I'd consider buying an old AFM for the right price, but if it's even remotely close the price of a new one I'd pass. Good for the originalists, I get it, but I'm not one.

A true originalist would exclude decals as game is no longer original.....

#61 7 years ago

I'm looking forward to getting an AFM or remake. I love the the market is going to shake out a bit before I'm ready to buy. Perfect. Next do Tron!

#62 7 years ago

Buyers new to the hobby or those who finally have a chance to own an afm aren't going to listen to screams of "mine is an original so give me 2k more!"

The market for originals took a hit by losing the buyers who had to save monthly or wait for a big tax return to afford it's pricetag.

Sellers of original afms hoping to get north of 8k likely lost a percentage of the market. The market that remains would be other collectors who tell themselves an original is better and also have those funds on hand.

#63 7 years ago
Quoted from frunch:

Don't the remakes come with very simple electronics compared to the 90's machines, like just one small board? Or maybe I'm mistaken and thinking of recent Sterns. But if they do have one simple board then personally I'll order a spare board if I buy an MMr that way in case there is an issue, just swap the board and done.

#64 7 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

So you think originals are gonna take a $1500-2000 hit?!
Man you are nuts. Cliche alert: I'll take 5 at that price!
We've already been through this shit. People like originals. Originals are better. Originals don't have unforeseen issues or clearcoat that turns into crepe paper after a few hundred games. There's enough people who care that massive price dump you are hoping for will not happen.

Weren't beat to hell ones selling for $5k? Those should take a hit IMO. If any still exist.

#65 7 years ago

I bought mine a little over a year ago for $6500 and it has some cabinet fade on one side and needs a shop job. Has a couple of minor insert issues. At the time I thought is was a good deal compared to what was on the market. I wasn't worried about the remake because I figured it would come in at $8000 like MM. Hearing that I could have bought a brand new one for the same price has me second guessing my decision.

Since I'll have to put some time and money into getting this one where I want it I will probably take a loss now if I ever decide to sell it but it is what it is. I think the pricing of the remake will no doubt impact the resale value of the original unless there are manufacturing issues with the remake.

#66 7 years ago

I have had an AFM for quite awhile now, it really good shape... but there is something really great about seeing this machine get made... still my favorite after all these year!

should be interesting to see how the market goes, I would think that used one's take a bit of hit.... but, if Pinball keeps growing like it has, I can also see the originals being worth more at some point... who know ?

All I can tell you is that seeing these new shiny AFMs finally convinced me to go give mine a good cleaning, put in some LEDs and hooked up the Polk sub that has been sitting there in the box. LEDs look really good, I went with Comet sunlight 2835 Twin SMD bulbs in the GI. really brightens the game up.... there still a little cool thought... maybe should have went with the warmer color. The polk sub really rocks. back to the story here....

Value who knows... but the more people enjoying AFM the better.

#67 7 years ago

$2500, but I'll give you 3k each because I'm rich MUAHAHAHA. I don't think the hit will be that bad, who cares anyway it's a great game not an investment. Play more pinball!

#68 7 years ago

I'm in for a NIB Attack From Mars LE, who woulda ever thought you could say that. The guys making these remakes happen are amazing!

#69 7 years ago

Now that coin mechs are included in AFMr... they should be the same in value.

#70 7 years ago

Question: Do we know when AFMr will ship?

#72 7 years ago

Heard a nice AFM at the texas show went for $6K this weekend...Originally had it posted at $7K+ I think...Not sure if anyone here saw that.

#73 7 years ago

Look out below

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/afm-or-sm

Very nice AFM went for $3800

This was 7 years ago before Tron, ACDC etc...

#74 7 years ago

Well if Le sales are any indication they are almost gone. I talked to several venders at TPF and many are sold out. All of the LEs will be gone this week. Official pricing dropped on Friday and almost 1000 Les sold by end of TPF. Apparently nobody wants the remakes

#75 7 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Look out below
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/afm-or-sm
Very nice AFM went for $3800
This was 7 years ago before Tron, ACDC etc...

thats $4500 in 2017 dollars...Still $1500 lower than todays numbers though...Not sure how far off $6K is from AFM's high water mark. I'm not a huge fan of the pin so havent really paid attention over the years.

#76 7 years ago

I happen to think the vast majority of serious pinheads (roughly 90%) are more into getting lots of game play with machines they enjoy.....rather than the originality thing. There is no question the players condition originals experienced a price drop. Probably not all that much. So what. Owners of all AFM's should consider themselves fortunate, as they possess a highly desirable pin that produces hours of enjoyment.

#77 7 years ago
Quoted from Hoopjohn:

I happen to think the vast majority of serious pinheads (roughly 90%) are more into getting lots of game play with machines they enjoy.....rather than the originality thing. There is no question the players condition originals experienced a price drop. Probably not all that much. So what. Owners of all AFM's should consider themselves fortunate, as they possess a highly desirable pin that produces hours of enjoyment.

Originality never meant anything up to the MMr announcement because people were restoring their games back with new ramps, new playfields, new cab decals, etc and then selling them for top dollar. So now that there are remakes that are built from those same parts, it's really hard to argue that a restored original should be worth a ton when it's not really that much more original other than the electrical/board set. A HUO original then yes, I could see a big premium on that, but restored original isn't much different than an AFMr. I'd take an AFMr in a heartbeat over an original if the original was faded or had any playfield wear. If they were both at like new condition, I'd still take the original though because of board set familiarity. I'm guessing a lot people are in that same boat, so it seems like it would be hard to keep the AFM price on the faded/worn ones anywhere close to $6500.

#78 7 years ago
Quoted from Underspin:

Well fosaisu, I'm a little pissed off at Game Room Guys right now and am officially putting it out there that I'd like to have the pinball community BLACKLIST THEM. I've had a few quotes and seen others here in the $6500 range for AFMr so I asked GRG if they could come down from their $6800 and match it. I'm local and can pick up. They said no. And yet I just went to eBay and saw their new listing. $6800 with FREE SHIPPING anywhere in the continental USA. They'll pay eBay fees, Paypal fees and shipping but they can't price match for a local picking up? F**K THOSE GREEDY A HOLES. This is their third strike (I've tried to deal with them before to no avail)
Please Pinsiders, never buy anything from Game Room Guys. At least shop around and make them your last option.

I see their eBay ads for parts, don't they sell like a 10-pack of incandescent bulbs for $15? Saw something like that. I think I've ordered something from them before (not really sure) but most of their stuff seems overpriced. Oh well. Your money will go to another distributor and I guess you can say it's "their loss", even if they find another buyer. One less sold for them regardless.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
$ 27.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

16,500 (OBO)
$ 30.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Van Alstyne, TX
$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Wanted
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 21.50
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 78 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/afm-original-value-now-that-afmr-prices-have-been-released/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.