• 26 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by pinstor12
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 7 years ago

looking to buy one of these...thoughts?

#2 7 years ago

Luckily they are very different, do you have any thoughts on them?

#3 7 years ago

Can't really go wrong on these. AFM old classic, SM new classic. Great problem to have.

#4 7 years ago

AFM gets old quick. SM for the win.

#5 7 years ago

SM would be my choice .

#6 7 years ago

I have owned both. Both are really fun games that have similar attributes.

I think SM is a better bang for the buck but I prefer the game play on AFM

#7 7 years ago

Hmm, I personally don't think you can go wrong here. I have both and both are very fast fun games. Knowing that AFM will cost much more I would say which ever you get a better deal on for that particular game is the way to go.

#8 7 years ago

+1 SM love mine! dont forget the Shaker

#9 7 years ago

I have both, and if it came right down to it, I'd keep the AFM over SM. However, the price difference is a big factor, and SM is no slouch.

#10 7 years ago

All around, afm is the better game but there are things that sm does better. I guess dollar for dollar sm is the winner.

#12 7 years ago

Both these games are very fast and have amazing flow. Both have Lyman Sheets rulesets. Spiderman is a little deeper. Afm has a little more comedy. Spidey adds the third flipper and third ramp. Spiderman is a little cheaper. I'd say go with the spiderman but you can't go wrong either way. If my collection dropped to three games, both these would be in the list.

#13 7 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

Both these games are very fast and have amazing flow. Both have Lyman Sheets rulesets. spiderman is a little deeper. Afm has a little more comedy. Spidey adds the third flipper and third ramp. spiderman is a little cheaper. I'd say go with the spiderman but you can't go wrong either way. If my collection dropped to three games, both these would be in the list.

What would be #3 outta curiosity?

#14 7 years ago

I've owned both and enjoy both equally. I currently have an AFM due to me liking the gameplay a bit more. SM is a great game too, if $$ is an issue go with sm and get another game as well with the cash saved.

#15 7 years ago

Owned both, similar 3 bank target, both have great flow, but I would have to give the edge to AFM. I personall just like it a little better.

The only knock I have on SM is that the dots are from the movie. I think it would be better if they were custom.

The JJ Jameson call outs on SM are great.

Whatever pin you choose, you really won't regret it.

#16 7 years ago

Ive owned both and kept sm to me its just a deeper game. I also was able to get my grail Acdc with a trade for Afm. Afm worth more spidy a better pin go figure.

#17 7 years ago

SM! It's like AFM on steroids!

#18 7 years ago

SM today, tomorrow and 10 times on Sunday!........AFM is WAY overrated........like MM.......

SM far better than both....and yet LOTR is better than SM!

#19 7 years ago

SM - all the way

#20 7 years ago

AFM everyday, just buy it on the pinball arcade and you'll be convinced. It has a great theme, great laughs, a strait foward but challenging rule set, and great gimmicks.What more could you want?

#21 7 years ago

SM is Stern's AFM. They play very similarly. I have both and the choice mostly depends on my mood. You cannot go wrong with either, but AFM is the more collectable and maybe a little more fun.

#22 7 years ago

2 flippers > 3 flippers!

afm is super fun, so is sm, I am just so burned on 3 flipper machines anymore

#23 7 years ago

AFM by far. Fast, fun, great humor, original theme and bill ung saucer mod!

#24 7 years ago

You can't go wrong with either game, but personally I'd take SM in a heartbeat over AFM. The third flipper adds another dimension that AFM lacks and it has flow like there's no tomorrow. I can't see SM ever leaving my collection. Pure awesomeness!

#26 7 years ago

get both, of course.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside