• AFM 111 votes
    48%
  • Iron Maiden 121 votes
    52%

(232 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image (resized).jpg
There are 75 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 4 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

Maiden.
AFM has toddler rules and an empty playfield that looks like it was pieced together with leftover parts laying around the shop. AFM is the rolling stones game of B/W.

Gonna blame this post on the summer heat-If ever there was an anti-AFM post looking to trigger folks

In one fell swoop your post slams a designer so many are champing at the bit to see his next game and a coder that has a stellar reputation.

#52 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballcorpse:

Gonna blame this post on the summer heat-If ever there was an anti-AFM post looking to trigger folks

I believe he's been pretty consistent on his thoughts for years regarding this.

#53 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Because Maiden is loaded with innovative interactive toys....

I do love when I have to slide it around to get another game in the back room. There's a reason why it's placed where it is.

#54 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but clearly he's on crack

#55 4 years ago

AFM vs Iron Maiden Pro? - AFM all the way

AFM vs Iron Maiden Premium/LE? - Probably Iron Maiden

#56 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

true that. It's been my thoughts on AFM for the past 15 years. There are about 3 other games with the exact same layout and rules as AFM. At least MM has a cool interactive toy to it. MB has some fun toys floating around as well, with the same layout. AFM has a bank that moves up and down. ZZZZZZZZZZ . But toys isn't the make or break of a game. In reality, IM doesn't have anything for toys, It's about layout and rules. Rules are actually stacked rules similar to Stargate. Has your mode based section similar to TAF. But also has a physical objective section with it's own side rules, like CV. So it's like having CV and TAF together. Which is what Stargate does, and it's brilliant.

#57 4 years ago

Hey hey HEY.

AFM also has bouncing Martians.

#58 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

To me it comes down to your history; Have you played AFM a million times over the last 30+ years? If so get IMDN

This is so true I gave it a key post designation.

I have both IM and AFM, they are both awesome games and you can’t go wrong with either. The games are pretty darn different in almost every way OP. Apples and oranges will come down to which style you enjoy more.

#59 4 years ago

Attack From Mars without question. Bryan Eddy is one of the best pinball designers of All-Time. Iron Maiden seems like people either love it or hate it. I'm not a fan of it and I love the band. So much more could have been done to Iron Maiden to make it a better pinball machine.

#60 4 years ago

I passed over Maiden simply because I didn’t like their music!

But after playing it at a barcode both my wife and I loved it. Best PRO stern has made.

We immediately bought one. It’s probably my favorite game. Played AFM original and a remake, fun game but I don’t get all the hype at all. I would never buy one. Iron Maiden all the way.

I actually like the music now and the call outs are badass.

#61 4 years ago

I used to think AFM was just a novelty game but since owning it it’s my favorite pin and I’ve owned a lot. Simple and yet great like a basic cheeseburger nothing fancy. I don’t think it’s too easy for my level of skill it’s just great.

#62 4 years ago

Bought an beat up AFM about 7 years ago and played it maybe 20 times before breaking it down for restoration having never played it before. For one reason or another it took like 5 years to get finished. Once I had it finished it, I put under 50 games on it before I ended up selling it. It was ok to play (somewhat on the simpler side) and had a nice camp factor but for something like that I think that MM does that a little better or I'd even probably prefer a MB if I wanted an easier game for my guests to have fun with and understand quickly (better theme, prettier art package).

The wife and I played INMDN at our local annual pinball convention and she turned and said that we should get it because it was really fun. We actually tried to buy the floor model but it was already sold. This from someone who ALWAYS gives me crap for buying new pins. Neither of us are Maiden music fans by any stretch of the imagination but she was absolutely correct, the game is a blast. It's great that the main theme follows the ancient Egyptian motif because I think it does a really good job at bridging the theme gap for anyone that isn't necessarily a big fan of their music. The animations and call outs are great and it has some fun shots/combos.

#63 4 years ago

I have to get afm first but after that. Iron maiden and tron are Next.

#64 4 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

true that. It's been my thoughts on AFM for the past 15 years. There are about 3 other games with the exact same layout and rules as AFM. At least MM has a cool interactive toy to it. MB has some fun toys floating around as well, with the same layout. AFM has a bank that moves up and down. ZZZZZZZZZZ . But toys isn't the make or break of a game. In reality, IM doesn't have anything for toys, It's about layout and rules. Rules are actually stacked rules similar to Stargate. Has your mode based section similar to TAF. But also has a physical objective section with it's own side rules, like CV. So it's like having CV and TAF together. Which is what Stargate does, and it's brilliant.

What you describe as the games biggest flaw is what makes it so great, and why its such an incredible design. Simple rules that are easy to understand (yet challenging to achieve), great flow, incredible call outs, and very very fun....I have many great games and when newbies play my collection most of the time AFM is their favorite. New modern games have gotten out of control with their complex rule sets. My biggest grip (if I had to pick one) is the similarities between MM and AFM....

#65 4 years ago
Quoted from Chicoman:

Attack From Mars without question. Bryan Eddy is one of the best pinball designers of All-Time. Iron Maiden seems like people either love it or hate it. I'm not a fan of it and I love the band. So much more could have been done to Iron Maiden to make it a better pinball machine.

Go tell Keith that his game sucks at a show. Tell him what you would have added. Love to see that exchange. But you can have your opinion though. I guess I don’t agree with you on what is a good pinball machine. But we really vote with our wallets.

Pinball is funny how small of a pond it is. All these guys running the show and creating the games are so accessible so the keyboard warriors can actually talk one on one with some of the best pinball designers and players in the world and even give them their opinion on how they f’ed up the game they designed.

But you like IMDN the band and you wanted another type of game. Sometimes it is what it is

#66 4 years ago

I have both AFM LE and IMDN Premium
Both are fun
But My Daughter and I both like IDMN better - much deeper mode based rule set

1 week later
#67 4 years ago

I was playing at mission control the other day. They have like 20 pins.

After a game or two on almost everything. There was simply no comparison to the fun we had on our 2 iron maiden games.

In a simple way this just showed me. Maiden is the game I need next.

Maiden live in September too. The theme is spot on for me. Much more so than acdc. Which is also a great game.

#68 4 years ago

Maiden is a much more fair game than AC/DC if nothing else.

#69 4 years ago

Iron Maiden wins for me. AFM was fun but Maiden is a blast! You won’t regret it for a second.

#70 4 years ago

You know one doesn’t have to decide if you get both. Just sayin.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#71 4 years ago

Iron Maiden reminds me of Big Hurt, except without the swinging glove. AFM reminds me of Medieval Madness except without the phallic exploding castle.

So to me it's really a tossup. Take your pick!

#72 4 years ago

i am targeting Im but my fiancée Veronika would prefer Mars.

This matters as it goes smack dab in the living room. Also, I like to make her happy. Tron also an option.

#73 4 years ago

If you like boring fan layouts, go for AFM.

If you want a unique layout with some fun loops, exhilarating multi balls, etc, get a maiden.

#74 4 years ago
Quoted from Azmodeus:

i am targeting Im but my fiancée Veronika would prefer Mars.
This matters as it goes smack dab in the living room. Also, I like to make her happy. Tron also an option.

Tron is a killer game in a collection. Especially when it gets modded out. Conversly its a relatively shallow game and the price is downright painful these days.

If she doesn't like the Iron Maiden: Legacy of the Beast (Pro) music... you could always do a pin mix on the machine.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/introducing-pinball-mix-your-music-in-your-machine

#75 4 years ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

If you like boring fan layouts, go for AFM.
If you want a unique layout with some fun loops, exhilarating multi balls, etc, get a maiden.

I have to agree with this. I had an AFM for a few months and got bored of it quickly. I don't miss it at all.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Trade
$ 50.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 34.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 27.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 55.00
Playfield - Protection
Tucson Pinball

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
New Cumberland, PA
$ 40.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Twisted Tokens

Wanted
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

16,500 (OBO)
$ 132.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 75 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/afm-or-iron-maiden/page/2?hl=anathematize and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.