Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 81 posts
  • 31 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 years ago by dvandentop
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

There are 81 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 12 years ago

This will be interesting to watch, first time I've seen one on ebay.....

ebay.com link: ws

#2 12 years ago

Wow, that is decked out with a lot of custom touches. If anyone wanted to see what a green mothership and red mini-saucers looked like, here's your chance.

#4 12 years ago

Just saw that too and was going to post a link as well. I couldn't stop drooling

#5 12 years ago

That is one fantastic looking AFM, I'm sure it will fetch a good price. 482.50 for Economy shipping as well, so if you didn't spend enough money.

On the people that looked at this auction looked at segment, for me it showed a Haunted House with a woman lying on top of it. Even a skinny girl, I would have a bit of paranoia about her lying on the playfield glass. It would be hard to explain to the authorities how the woman got impaled and cut on broken glass and pin parts.

#6 12 years ago

Someone spent a lot of time, but the chrome and painted saucers look gawdy.

#7 12 years ago

i wonder how much the price will be impacted bc of his negative feedbacks...

Is it just me or does it have insert wear in quite a few places? I keep seeing white around the bottoms of some of the inserts near the top of the playfield (but below the ramps).

#8 12 years ago
Quoted from davewtf:

Is it just me or does it have insert wear in quite a few places?

I noticed that as well.

#9 12 years ago
Quoted from Pinballer22:

davewth said:

Is it just me or does it have insert wear in quite a few places?
I noticed that as well.

good. i thought i was losing it. i'd pay more for that game if it wasn't chromed out.

#10 12 years ago

The original saucers look significantly better....interesting.

#11 12 years ago
Quoted from davewtf:

Is it just me or does it have insert wear in quite a few places? I keep seeing white around the bottoms of some of the inserts near the top of the playfield (but below the ramps).

Yes, the playfield has some issues. Not horrible, but some more shots of the SOL hole and the inserts in front of it would be nice. I'm guessing there is a bit of wear to the SOL hole under the Cliffy. They did a nice job on the cabinet (inside and out), too bad the playfield wasn't also restored.

I'm not a fan of the colored saucers at all.

#12 12 years ago

I still wouldn't kick it out of bed...

#13 12 years ago
Quoted from stangbat:

Yes, the playfield has some issues. Not horrible, but some more shots of the SOL hole and the inserts in front of it would be nice. I'm guessing there is a bit of wear to the SOL hole under the Cliffy. They did a nice job on the cabinet (inside and out), too bad the playfield wasn't also restored.

Man well over 5K (reserve not met) and has some playfield issues. Well I guess it is not much wear but the playfield is more important to me than the exterior look. Cabs inside and out do look sweet though.

#14 12 years ago

Long Beach Dave again... I wouldn't trust one of his descriptions personally so I hope whoever gets this doesn't end up unhappy. The saucers are pretty ugly too but to each his own on that one I guess.

#15 12 years ago

saw it as well, bid on it for the hell of it, got outbid

did notice insert wear after bidding so stopped

#16 12 years ago

Black line edging, some wear on the Mother Ship hole, but the 3-bank seems nice from the single shot provided (but hard to tell for sure from the low-res non-enlargeable photo).

Not of fan of the orange/green saucers or chrome coin doors.

But don't you guys like the look of chrome rails & lockdown bar on this title?

#17 12 years ago

Whats everyone's guess on the final price....I will guess $8750. Lots of bling and playfield issues are not bad at all..if it was perfect I would guess the price would climb really high!!

#18 12 years ago
Quoted from NM:

But don't you guys like the look of chrome rails & lockdown bar on this title?

I like the way chrome looks, but I prefer brushed stainless as it doesn't show finger and hand prints as much. Heck, I'm aways wiping down my brushed stainless side rails and glass, as the smudges they do get bug me. If I went with chrome I'd have to equip all my machines with cup holders and stuff cotton rags in them for wiping the chrome down after every use, LOL.

#19 12 years ago

That game is nothing special ! It is a routed game with chrome to distract from the real problems !

Who ever gets this machine may not be happy with the price paid .

Jim

#20 12 years ago

Way to much playfield wear on that pin to be getting top dollar. Nothing is more important than the playfield IMHO. Everything else on any pin is a relatively easy fix in comparison.

#21 12 years ago

Not sure why everyone thinks this thing is in top notch shape. Strike that, I see there are some who recognize the issues that this one has.

He's asking $8500.00 on CL.

losangeles.craigslist.org link

This is not worth anything close to that.

#22 12 years ago
Quoted from McCune:

That game is nothing special ! It is a routed game with chrome to distract from the real problems !

Who ever gets this machine may not be happy with the price paid .

Jim

Exactly.

#23 12 years ago

Good idea! Let's start a contest here to see who guesses the final price...

#24 12 years ago

my guess - $7250

#25 12 years ago

Price is right eh?

$1

#26 12 years ago
Quoted from Honch:

Way to much playfield wear on that pin to be getting top dollar.

Right; would have been somewhere around a $4700 pin only a year ago; maybe 5K with all the bling.

#27 12 years ago

I can't tell you where it will end because of the darn reserve. If it gets hit soon, i'd say $7500. If it doesn't get hit by $6500, i'd think it would stall right there.

#28 12 years ago

The one huge advantage that sellers have on eBay is that people tend to get very emotionally involved with their bidding. They will often overpay for something just so they can "beat" the other guy. I think this is one of the main reasons pins sell for so much more on eBay than anywhere else.

#29 12 years ago

My guess is $7400....BUT if he's asking $8500 on CL who knows what the reserve is...

#30 12 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

The one huge advantage that sellers have on eBay is that people tend to get very emotionally involved with their bidding. They will often overpay for something just so they can "beat" the other guy. I think this is one of the main reasons pins sell for so much more on eBay than anywhere else.

+1 I'm sure he'll easily get $8500 if it's sold on eBay.

#32 12 years ago
Quoted from kwiKimart:

+1 I'm sure he'll easily get $8500 if it's sold on eBay.

If that is true I would have to say that the buyer is either very wealthy or a moron.

#33 12 years ago

I see high prices all the time, work should be worth something, but $4,500 for Xenon is one for the books.

ebay.com link: 1980 BALLY XENON PINBALL MACHINE Fresh Top Shelf Restoration

#34 12 years ago

It's already more than it should be - insert wear starting to appear like a rash.

#35 12 years ago

^^

That seller is a legend on here. With his combination of crazy high prices, random women models, and ridiculous rants on his ebay page, I think he gets mentioned more than anyone else.

Apparently he sold a TOM for $7300 though.
ebay.com link: 1995 Bally THEATRE MAGIC Pinball Machine Stands Out Above Rest

#36 12 years ago

I have a nice Xenon all LED'd out, new boards...and I'll let you STEAL it for $3,500! Hurry!

#37 12 years ago
Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

If that is true I would have to say that the buyer is either very wealthy or a moron.

<-------------- wealthy moron that dropped out @ 5K!

#38 12 years ago

This is one goudy, however clean, AFM. Those saucers are overkill.

My friend experimented with metallic paint on the mother ship, and that looked really cool. For the price of the ships, it's worth maybe trying for me.

#39 12 years ago

up to $7100 now, hasn't hit the reserve yet.....

#40 12 years ago

Does anyone else find it odd that the shot of the entire PF has the glass on which cause a lot of glare? But he takes the glass off for a few close ups and shots of underneath. And there are way more shots of the cabinet art than the actual PF.

#41 12 years ago
Quoted from herbertbsharp:

up to $7100 now, hasn't hit the reserve yet..

I hope it hits the reserve , I have one in way better shape that I would sell any day for 6500.00

Jim

#42 12 years ago
Quoted from Blakesell:

On the people that looked at this auction looked at segment, for me it showed a Haunted House with a woman lying on top of it.

Yeah I saw that too. Love that pin! Stupid to have anyone lay on top of it. But golly...it makes me want to bid on it!!! <not>

Not much of a fan of the red/green saucers, but I am for the game.

#43 12 years ago
Quoted from thebrave:

Not much of a fan of the red/green saucers, but I am for the game.

Me too, they certainly take value away from the machine if you ask me.

#44 12 years ago

Not every mod is a good one, and this pin is a perfect example of that. I don't like the colored saucers or all that chrome bling. He says he spent over $2,000 on chrome. He would have been better off spending that money on a new playfield.

#45 12 years ago
Quoted from txstargazer3:

He says he spent over $2,000 on chrome. He would have been better off spending that money on a new playfield.

Yea....I'm not too sure how accurate that number is that the seller provided but either way I agree with you 100%

#46 12 years ago

+2 Playfield is paramount.

#47 12 years ago

This seller is notorious around the LA/OC area for drastically overstating a pins condition. It's a good thing eBay doesn't let people email bidders anymore or he'd probably be back down to his starting price by now. Although that doesn't take into account the shill bidding likely going on here.

#48 12 years ago
Quoted from jay:

Although that doesn't take into account the shill bidding likely going on here.

I agree with you on the shill bidding. $7100 seems pretty darn high for that machine.

#49 12 years ago

pretty sure this ones gonna stall out

#50 12 years ago

Wow that's tacky. Anyone know how to remove vomit from a keyboard?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

10,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Onekama, MI
Wanted
$ 21.50
$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 27.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Westwood, NJ
Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 81 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/afm-on-ebay and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.