Topic Stats

• 20 posts
  • 11 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 years ago by gweempose
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#2 12 years ago

Not a bad price, but no pics. Any Pinsider in Boston should at least check it out to see if it's in great shape.

#3 12 years ago

This sounds fishy:

"If you are interested please email me your phone#"

#4 12 years ago
Quoted from NM:

This sounds fishy:

I agree. It doesn't necessarily mean that it's not legit, but I'd proceed with caution.

#5 12 years ago
Quoted from NM:

This sounds fishy:

I do the same thing. My ads say "No response by email. No response without afternoon phone number".

Many emails are just automated fishing scams 'I will pay all shipping costs for your item....", but if I require a phone number, I can see if the area code is local. Requiring a phone number probably cuts out 90% of the time wasting inquiries.

#6 12 years ago

Yes, it's kind of weird; as the seller would of course ordinarily have his phone number in the ad--and not be soliciting for phone numbers.

Could be compiling a list of email addresses & phone numbers.

No pictures add to this theory!

#7 12 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

I do the same thing. My ads say "No response by email. No response without afternoon phone number".

I had a cl scenario where i responded back and forth maybe 10-15 times with a buyer and then he disclosed he wasn't local after he objected to me sending his phone #..

#8 12 years ago
Quoted from davewtf:

I had a cl scenario where i responded back and forth maybe 10-15 times with a buyer and then he disclosed he wasn't local after he objected to me sending his phone #..

Uggg, that is so typical.

1 week later
#9 12 years ago

Herbert, thought I would say thanks. Brought this one home today. Nothing fishy. Actually a real good guy. His shop ended up being 5 minutes from a school buddy. The game needs a good shopping and he provided some of the materials.

Went to Boston , played some golf, drank beer and picked up an AFM . By definition a pretty good day.

#10 12 years ago
Quoted from sulli10:

drank beer and picked up an AFM . By definition a pretty good day.

Nice score,you had a great day in my book,Almost blizzard like this morning here in Denver.

#11 12 years ago

Nice score sulli, Congrats

#13 12 years ago

Herbert you are a Saratoga guy?? i spent the best years of my life in that town chasing skiddie's. Wow has that place changes over the years. The tint and Lint is still there but the Hub is gone. the town is great

#14 12 years ago

Totally, lived there for the last 10+ years. Its a cool place, lived right in town for years, just moved 3 miles south recently. Had my share of skiddie chics too. The hub got torn down probably 8-9 years ago. The city has gone through a ton of changes over the last 10-15 years. Ever go to Esperanto or Deperate Annies? I practically lived on Caroline st. in my 20's...

#15 12 years ago

Ah yes Caroline street!!!!! Not only Desperate Annies but I was in Harold J's. Probably long before your time. Took both of my son's to the track for the first time this August. They were amazed by the town and the ladies. The buddy (I mentioned I visited when I got the AFM), spent many nights with me in that town. Next time I go up, I definitely owe you a "brewski". Thanks again

#16 12 years ago

I never post my number in an ad. I always respond to email and once I have an interested buyer numbers are exchanged.

#17 12 years ago
Quoted from sulli10:

The game needs a good shopping and he provided some of the materials.

Brand new display, all rubbers and bad bulbs replaced, playfield taken apart cleaned and waxed then put back together

--I guess this proves that one man's shop job is not the same as another.

#18 12 years ago

Way to go, sulli! Sounds like you got a heck of a deal. Around here, an MM straight off route with some wear goes for more than that.

#19 12 years ago
Quoted from mystic:

Brand new display, all rubbers and bad bulbs replaced, playfield taken apart cleaned and waxed then put back together

Mystic, if you are the person I purchased from I meant no offense. I want to bring the game back to new condition and that will take some work. The game plays very well and I am very happy with the price and condition.

#20 12 years ago
Quoted from sulli10:

Mystic, if you are the person I purchased from I meant no offense.

Considering he lives in Tennessee, I doubt you bought it from him. I think he was merely pointing out how people often have a very different idea about what the term "shopped" means.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 21.50
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Wanted
$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN
$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 27.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 30.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

10,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Onekama, MI
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/afm-on-cl-in-boston and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.