• 7 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by pincredible
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 3 years ago

Hi there,
The left popper will thump away randomly and stop, often after the ball has drained
it will thump a couple of times and then it will be quiet for a while.
It is playing fine, keeping track of the balls ok, it is just irrating

I have done a thorough switch test on the optos and the wire switch in the trough.
I have checked the diode.

Appreciate any help I can get.
Cheers

#2 3 years ago

Most likely you need to adjust the leaf switch under the pop. You need to move metal contacts further apart on switch under pop in question.

#3 3 years ago

Pound on the playfield a few inches from the pops and see if the vibration triggers it.

#4 3 years ago

I should have said Left popper assembly, its the upkicker thats false triggering, the one that returns the ball from under the space ship.
I will try to edit the forum topic name

Sorry

#5 3 years ago
Quoted from Alex1061:

I should have said Left popper assembly, its the upkicker thats false triggering, the one that returns the ball from under the space ship.
Sorry

Do you have a ColorDMD installed?

#6 3 years ago
Quoted from Alex1061:

Sorry

Well in that case I would adjust the switch or if opto clean them up in the popper assembly. I see you checked this as resolved. If you did get it taken care of please share what you did to help others that may have a similar issue in the future.

#7 3 years ago

Dirty vuk opto. Use switch edges to see if the opto is opening when it shouldn't. Remove vuk mech, clean and reassemble. Test again. If problem persists check connectors for bad contact.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 209.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
$ 125.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside