Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Williampinball
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 3 years ago

Hi everyone I just restored my AFM and when I turned it on it says the left gate stuck closed so I looked at it and I had the wires back words so I changed them the right way but it still says left gate stuck closed but when I put it in the test for it everything works fine ,any ideas guys ?

Thanks

#2 3 years ago

Go into switch test and roll the ball over the orbit switches on the right side and check for consistency. You may need to adjust the switch arms and the switch base for alignment with ball.

#3 3 years ago

Everything else is working just fine it stil says left gate stuck closed ?

#4 3 years ago

So are you saying the switchs works the gates?

#5 3 years ago

Yes. There are 2 switches on each orbit that let the cpu know to trigger the coil for the gate.
This is the tweaking part.
Sometimes the switch is intermittent and needs replacing. Sometimes it's the actuator arms that need to be fiddled with for optimal performance.
Hold the ball against the ball guide and see where the wire contacts the ball. Should be on the very bottom of the sphere.

#6 3 years ago

Oki will try that ,thanks so much will let you know

#7 3 years ago

Ok the switches are fine so I did a gate test and it passed so now no more dot ,seems too be fine now thanks for the help

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 14.99
Electronics
PinballElectronics.com

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside