Topic Stats

• 13 posts
  • 9 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by scottrogers
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

0927112304a_(2).jpg

#1 8 years ago

Not the best photo do to low res camera.The key to this conversion is to add green LED's behind all of the Martians.Also add a super bright blue in the upper left corner behind the Skyscrapers.Just to the right of girl add a red super to make her a Red head.The middle all the way to the is right an image of fire and smoke.Add red, yellow and orange to Hi-Lite the artwork.On the far right in the middle is a flying Saucer.Just below the saucer add(1) orange Ultra Bright orange,very cool effect.For (ATTACK from Mars) lettering I used frosted cool white.Use red flexLED's behind Martians heads add try to position them to light up the martians eye's.This effect did not show up in photo. Fill in all other sockets with cool white of your choice.This configuration listed above will really adds to the original art work.I really enjoy being creative with my Back-Box conversions and enjoy sharing them with the Pinside community.Rob Knapp

0927112304a_(2).jpg

#2 8 years ago

Looks great.

#4 8 years ago

That is good, real good.

#5 8 years ago

Look's Good !!!! Led's Rule !!!

#6 8 years ago

Thanks Black Rose. You and I actually spoke one night.You gave my you phone number about some pinball you were selling.Like what else is New hehehe!!

#7 8 years ago

Nice going Rob,After your last photo and commentary regarding this subject,I put superbright blues in the headlights of the car in my HSII and reds behind the car to make it stand out better.
Then on my White Water I put blues around the bottom of the raft to make the water appear "more" blue,I like the effects and thanks for the inspiration-props to you from a fellow Coloradoan.

#8 8 years ago

Need better picture! I got some in all the back boxes of my pins too. I sprinkle a few colored bulbs around and some color flashers too.

#9 8 years ago

As I stated at the Intro to thread photo is low res.I just don't sprinkle a few. I Try my best to really enhance specific areas of the original artist work. Thanks v8.I am glad I sparked an Idea,and it paned out.

#10 8 years ago

Another beautiful picture you have painted there Rob--thanks for sharing all the specs.

On my AFM, I added two 906 Cointaker Red Superbrights where the explosions are occurring on the right side of the translite--and the result right after a game ends is absolutely phenomenal.

#11 8 years ago

I also try and color match with the translite..

2 years later
#12 5 years ago

Had some interest in how I did my AFM LED Back-Box. The photo is so lousy. But you get the Idea. Short video my help . Thanks for interest .

#13 5 years ago

Very Nice, I may have to copy this layout.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside