Topic poll

“Which do you prefer?”

• AFM remake LE 23 votes
    62%
  • ST LE or premium. 14 votes
    38%

(37 votes)

#1 1 year ago

I realize there was a similar poll out 2 years ago, but just wanted to start a new poll in case some new guys are here or have new insight. Also the prior thread was out before the remake of AFM.

I sold my STLE (sadly) and kind of miss it.

With the vault release, code update and now available color DMD for ST, I was thinking maybe I could look to replace ST LE (or premium).

I have never owned AFM so that would be much more logical to buy that instead of ST LE.

Anyway, was curious between these two pins what would you guys recommend?

Let's just say LE for both although might be the SE or premium respectively.

#2 1 year ago

ST LE or Premium.....

#3 1 year ago

Oh this is a great question! I love playing both games! Somewhat similar shots, of course, especially the center shot. I've never been able to truly settled this question in my mind.... and therefore couldn't pull the trigger on either. Then Star Wars came out and I got distracted for awhile. LOL.

#4 1 year ago

If you’ve previously owned Star Trek, I’d go with the pin that’s new to you. AFMr is definitely a great choice and is a fun pin. If you want to experience Star Trek again, go for it. We enjoy our Star Trek pro, it’s got a colordmd and shaker. You can’t go wrong with either pin, both are fun in their own way

#5 1 year ago

Have owned two Star Treks.
Sold both.
Still have AFM/LE and loving it.

#6 1 year ago

afm le is a very nice/special pin. general aliens attack Earth theme that doesn't require you being interested in a franchise that is kind of polarizing. My recommendation would be to go with AFM LE

#7 1 year ago

Yeah I owned ST for a while and played it a lot. Thought about getting one back last month and went with a game I never owned instead.

I would do the same here. AFM is a classic. My fav A list BW dmd. On my list to get. ST LE is stunning but AFMLE is no slouch in the looks department either. Topper is sweet!

Good luck.

#8 1 year ago

I have both pins and love both pins, but I would definitely choose ST over AFM. The main reason would have to be the ball interaction between the (2) toys of ST Vengeance against the mothership alien ship of AFM.

You hit the AFM mothership and it shakes, with a knock down bar in front of it and that's pretty much it (pretty cool dmd animation afterwards). However, with the ST vengeance it fires the ball back at you, can freeze the ball and hold it until you hit it again to start a multiball and start a couple of cool modes with Kahn (or Kai, whatever he says at the start of it LOL) modes as well.

Plus, who can forget Klingon multiball and the warp ramp.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 86.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 67.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
MicksPinball
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
$ 279.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Seattle, WA
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
$ 65.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep
$ 40.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Arcade Arts
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro
$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 7,199.00
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball
$ 259.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
8,300 (OBO)
Sale Pending!
San Francisco, CA
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Atlanta, GA
$ 84.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Pinball Machine
Great American Pinball

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside