• DI LE 100 votes
    60%

(168 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

100_0364 (resized).JPG
100_0365 (resized).JPG
pasted_image (resized).png

There are 78 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 6 years ago

Voting is one way to go...actual sales numbers would show true vote from wallets.
Bummer they no longer release sales numbers as shown on ipdb.org.

#52 6 years ago

I have a org AFM and a DILE. So with that being said, DI all the way. Why, I don't do remakes.

#53 6 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Come on... the light show on di is top notch. Afm is good but very plain compared to di .

Theme and cost hurts the comparison BigD

#54 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I couldn't disagree more....both are great pins and the DI LE is only a few hundred more than my AFMRLE .... they are both great, and very different games....clearly the AFM play field is a bit sparse compared to DI

#55 6 years ago

Well...both have Aliens in them, but DI has a lot of other stuff as well....

#56 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

They are not far off of being the same cost le to le ... and u may be surprised how well loved di is becoming sir. It really is a great pin that u need to put some good time on to get. I love my beautiful very modded original afm (favorite pin till di)and it was much much cheaper than my dile but id give it up in a heartbeat for a di .

#57 6 years ago

I had the same dilemma and went with AFMrLE. It was a known quantity and I couldn't get over that phone on DI. I'm happy with the decision and would do it again. I may still get a DI down the road but I wouldn't trade AFMr to get it.

#58 6 years ago

Like most of you I have played AFM and DI, and DI is what I would go with

#59 6 years ago

I played both at TPF and went with AFMr LE. In my opinion it's as good as pinball gets, an all-time classic with modern enhancements. Super fun!

#60 6 years ago
Quoted from JJHLH:

I played both at TPF and went with AFMr LE. In my opinion it's as good as pinball gets, an all-time classic with modern enhancements. Super fun!

I certainly can't fault a guy for getting an AFM. Truly one of the best of all time.

#61 6 years ago

How lucky are we that we are discussing which of these 2 amazing games we can currently buy NIB? Add to that AS, TNA, ACDC Vault. It's a great time to be in pinball.

#62 6 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

How lucky are we that we are discussing which of these 2 amazing games we can currently buy NIB? Add to that AS, TNA, ACDC Vault. It's a great time to be in pinball.

So true. It's amazing that we can actually buy a medieval madness or an attack from Mars new in box almost 20 years later

#63 6 years ago

If only AFM could loan DI a couple zeroes for scoring.

#64 6 years ago

AFM, and it isn't even close.

#65 6 years ago
Quoted from Ballsofsteel:

AFM, and it isn't even close.

Comments and poll dont really match this .... but i love both pins however one is 20 years old and other is brand new lots of great features. My afm isnt going anywhere even after thousands of plays.. its just a great classic . I also believe di will b a very sought after pin years down the road as its pretty special also.

#66 6 years ago

My vote would be AFMr because I think it has a nice open layout, the callouts are hilarious and well done and there are still little easter I am finding even months after owning it. My wife activated cows on saucer video mode this week and didn't know WTF was going on... comedy.

That said, if you want something truly new or AFM doesn't appeal to you, then DI is a no brainer. Played it at Replay; definitely a fun table. When I had to make the choice, AFM was just a must have. As much as I enjoyed DI there was no way I could get it ahead of AFM.

4 months later
#67 6 years ago

Okay now people have had more time to play these two does everyone feel the same? Im thinking of getting either one of these or a MMR. I really cant make up my mind.

#68 6 years ago

Didn't vote. You can't go wrong with this decision. I'm about to have one in my collection and hope to have the other shortly. Two completely different games, but both long term keepers.

#69 6 years ago

I have both in my current lineup. Love both. I'd rather LOOK at AFMrLE. I'd rather PLAY DILE.

#70 6 years ago

Tough question for sure. I might give the slightest edge to DI

#71 6 years ago
Quoted from mrossman5:

Tough question for sure. I might give the slightest edge to DI

I would currently avoid AFMr until more data comes out. Read owners thread on known issues. Makes Ghostbusters look incredible on quality control. Chicago Gaming/Churchill made Ghostbuster playfeilds. Stick with JJP.

#72 6 years ago
Quoted from Onwallst:

I would currently avoid AFMr until more data comes out. Read owners thread on known issues. Makes Ghostbusters look incredible on quality control. Chicago Gaming/Churchill made Ghostbuster playfeilds. Stick with JJP.

Jjp has pf issues too, same exact clear coat chipping at sim hole requiring early owners to shell out for protectors. Not happy that I have a nearly $9k game and I have to spend another hundred to prevent pf damage that started within the first 5 games. Now they include those protectors from the factory. To me, this sends a clear message not to be an early adopter.

My afmse has zero playfield issues, bought back in July. If your afm starts showing chipping, just get cliffys, problem solved. I would not let any of these issues defer you from buying now given the issues are largely known.

Both are fantastic games.

#73 6 years ago

Another comparison thread? Just buy both and call it a day.

#74 6 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Jjp has pf issues too, same exact clear coat chipping at sim hole requiring early owners to shell out for protectors. Not happy that I have a nearly $9k game and I have to spend another hundred to prevent pf damage that started within the first 5 games. Now they include those protectors from the factory. To me, this sends a clear message not to be an early adopter.
My afmse has zero playfield issues, bought back in July. If your afm starts showing chipping, just get cliffys, problem solved. I would not let any of these issues defer you from buying now given the issues are largely known.
Both are fantastic games.

Read AFMr owners thread. Clear coat not only issue but bad quality control. JJP has always taken care of their customers.

#75 6 years ago

Both are great games.
I’ve owned an original in the past and have played my friends re-make. It plays beautifully.
Now in saying that, I currently own a DI LE and love the overall gameplay- so much to do on this this pin.

As others have said, this is a tough call.
I feel AFM has the faster in your face speed with more adrenaline pulsating play.
DI isn’t quite as intense however it provides a greater variety of shots, deep rules and additional toys.

IMO, you can’t go wrong with either and hopefully you can spend more time on both before choosing.

#76 6 years ago

Whichever you enjoy playing the most, who cares what anyone else thinks.

#77 6 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Whichever you enjoy playing the most, who cares what anyone else thinks.

He cares. Asked for opinions.

I’d go with dialed in, considering that you can buy Afm originals at or cheaper than remake price.

#78 6 years ago

AFMLE hands down phenomenal game and a timeless classic a top 3 of all time dialed in is good but not top 3

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 40.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room
Decorations
There are 78 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/afm-le-or-di-le-decision/page/2?hl=bodacious and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.