image-903.jpg
image-272.jpg
image-786.jpg
image-840.jpg
image-853.jpg
image.jpg
afm11.JPG
afm12.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider thefamilyarcade.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#14 9 years ago

I'd buy it, but I'm out of town this weekend.

#17 9 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

I thought you were gonna be down in the basement....

I decided to check out someone else's basement. I'm just screwing with Levi, because he made a BS bid on one of my games once.

#26 9 years ago

JM straight up.

#48 9 years ago

Man, $5k? I wouldn't say this this until now, but seemed overpriced for its condition in the current climate. I know AFM still holds people's attention, but I wonder what it goes for if AFMr is made/priced at $6k.

Then again, I doubt it sold for $5k.

#53 9 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

The "current climate" is indeed rough man.
When it takes 28 hours to sell a game that you've basically advertised and marketed as a piece of crap that needs a total resto, you know things are bad.
I was about to drive the damn thing to Arizona or trade it straight up for a faded JM.
The pinball market is collapsing before our eyes. I just turned down a $900 Creature because there's a scrape on the babe's nipple on the translite.

AFM is one of the most beloved games of all time, and I don't think a working one has been listed on Pinside for under $6k in the last few years, so it's hardly surprising that it sold. That it took 28 hours is worth mentioning only because that's about 27 hours longer than it would have taken at any other point in the last 5 years. But I'm minting a medal for you anyway, because you deserve one. The reverse psychology you used to sell this game was spellbinding, and your honesty? Truly exemplary.

I think whoever pays $5k for this dirty, routed beater in the "current climate" is a sucker, but there are plenty of them around, so congratulations on finding one. One side of your medal will reference this.

#57 9 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

So we are awarding medals?
FamilyButthurtCade gets...
"Worst Attempted Fs Thread Troll"
Not only does he open with some joke that NOBODY, including myself, gets or ever will get, he returns without anybody asking to try to explain it. Hint - if you have to do that, it's a bad troll.
Then he makes a silly trade offer which also falls flat, and gets no laughs or reaction.
Then he comes in after the sale to try to gloat that he's smarter than anybody who made that buy. Everyone laughs at him because the game sold quickly with many interested buyers.
So, when is the award ceremony? We can share a booth
The "current climate" getting hotter up in here!

You entered my for sale thread where I said "this weekend or nothing"...and said "I'd buy it but I'm out of town this weekend"...as if that would stop a local person from actually buying it if they really wanted and intended to buy it. Not trolling? So I returned the favor.

Then, after respectfully waiting until AFTER you sell your game I offered my opinion. Then you "holier than thou'd" it - like a self-righteous ego-maniac. You can't troll a thread that's already finished! Yet that's what you're accusing me of? Trolling a for sale thread AFTER the game has sold? Uh-huh. You should just be happy the game sold. But no. You have to act defensive and do a little "look at me" touchdown dance. For selling an AFM for $5k. Like I said, you deserve a medal.

Post edited by TheFamilyArcade: Edited out the rancor. Levi's a good guy.

#68 9 years ago

With the prospect of PPS announcing AFM as it's next title, why the big deal that I suggested $5k might be too much? RD gets it, because he isn't naturally argumentative like some (myself included).

Hell, when I offered up AVLE I was half-way serious...because I wouldn't mind sprucing up an A lister myself. Levi could have responded, but he didn't. But the fact remains for $5k you can get NIB TWD/MET/IMVE/ST etc. etc. etc. or pristine examples of LE games like AVLE and XMEN and TFLE.

People continue to start threads about the increasing prices for NIB, and a routed beater (that might be remade in the next 6-12 months) sells for $5k. I think that's interesting. I wasn't looking for a fight, but I don't mind.

I think people are going to look back at all the wonderful games Stern is releasing now and shake their heads at what these B/W 'a-listers' continue to fetch. I know I do.

Calling the buyer a "sucker" was an exaggeration. So I'll take that back. But IMO, $5k for a any game in this condition is just not worth it. Only reason I offered up AVLE is because I think the street price on that turd is under $4,500 nowadays.

#77 9 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I will not deny that Stern product has been getting better.
You compare stuff like Metallica and Tron to the stuff they were putting out at the turn of the century and it's really night and day.
But from a feel, charm, build, and all around fun perspective, these games still aren't a patch on the a-list Williams Bally stuff of the 1990s. Not everyone feels that way obviously but for a large portion of us that will likely never change.

I 100% agree about the charm, feel frivolity, humor and overall "finished product" of B/W games. I adore my FT and really like my JM and want to own more B/W titles...but Stern has upped their game so much. It's a different style of pinball to be sure...and there's room for both.

#79 9 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

just finished that Fish Tales cabinet ... oh yeah mama!

rd

Fish Tales redecal.JPG 181 KB

RD, on the left side of the cabinet decal, is there a faint "palm frond" patterns near the top towards the front. Making a lighter orangish yellow contrasted against the darker color?

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider thefamilyarcade.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/afm-fs-5000-nyc?tu=thefamilyarcade and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.