image-903.jpg
image-272.jpg
image-786.jpg
image-840.jpg
image-853.jpg
image.jpg
afm11.JPG
afm12.JPG
There are 103 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
#1 9 years ago

Attack From Mars that needs lots of love. Boots up fine, plays. Inserts have serious clearcoat wear issues, hole is gaping, cab is faded. Answers to "Lucky."

On the plus side, comes with a manual! And it's an AFM.

Original intention was to patch this up as a player but someone else here may want to do better things with it.

Game is located in NYC zip 10001, shipping is possible via NAVL.

Have space issues so not interested in 2 for 1 trades but 1 for 1 or 1 + cash may be possible.

It's not the pride of the fleet but it's still an AFM so any proposed trades keep in the WPC universe please.

afm1.JPGafm1.JPG
afm4.JPGafm4.JPG
afm5.JPGafm5.JPG
afm6.JPGafm6.JPG
afm7.JPGafm7.JPG
afm8.JPGafm8.JPG
afm9.JPGafm9.JPG
afm10.JPGafm10.JPG
afm12.JPGafm12.JPG

afm11.JPGafm11.JPG

#2 9 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

On the plus side, comes with a manual! And it's an AFM.

It's not the pride of the fleet but it's still an AFM...

Best Honest FS thread in a long time. Good luck with sale. Love my AFM.

Post edited by Nevus: i wanned to

#3 9 years ago

I'd give you $500 for it - that pin is a stone cold mess.

#4 9 years ago

Nah, it will sell. I would offer up my TSPP for it but it's just too far and I don't ship.

#5 9 years ago

Love my Afm great game good luck with the sale !!!

#6 9 years ago
Quoted from tpn2011:

Love my Afm great game good luck with the sale !!!

Everyone loves AFM. I Love AFM.

But who could love this AFM? It's own mother? Even she turned her back on this ugly duckling. It has endured many long nights at the pinball orphanage, weeping itself to sleep every night, shunned by even the rusty old No Fear in a Giligan's Island cab in the corner.

It's a sad tale, but one that may yet have a happy ending, for a buyer with the determination to take this base game and bring it to fully restored heights, and for a seller who wants nothing more than a whole lot of cash.

Maybe it's the cold medicine talking, but the anticipation is taking me to strange, dizzying places.

#7 9 years ago

I'm tempted but it needs everything, including a coin door. She lived a full life for sure.

#8 9 years ago
Quoted from Skins:

I'm tempted but it needs everything, including a coin door.

Now that's completely unfair. What's wrong with the coin door that some paint couldn't fix?

And the Launch Button looks fine to me.

#9 9 years ago

Does it come with some lobster?

Brad

#10 9 years ago

On the bright side, I have played a similar looking machine like this on route and it actually played very well.

#11 9 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNavidad:

I'd give you $500 for it - that pin is a stone cold mess.

Edit: never mind. Not worth it.

#12 9 years ago

Wonder if this was at a pool? Looks like in addition to the fade that type of insert damage had to be from the sun. It's a good base game though. For someone wanting a full restore (new playfield, decals, parts, etc.) their might need to be a little wiggle room price wise in this market, but if you just scraped and put down some laser cut insert decals and patched the scoop hole and did a "lite restore" could have a decent player's game under $5500k. Buddy's AFM sold at auction in Winston last month for $6800. It was BEAUTIFUL, no fade, new micro playfield, ship mod, full LEDs.

#13 9 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Now that's completely unfair. What's wrong with the coin door that some paint couldn't fix?
And the Launch Button looks fine to me.

Not to be that guy, but paint wont cover up the fact the door is rusted and would need to be totally stripped and refinished, Also there appears to be A LOT of rust in the stroke of luck VUK. Also the fact it is garage kept next to a 'rusty' No Fear and the potential for under lying problems is there. Shots of the inside of the cabinet may help your cause.

#14 9 years ago

I'd buy it, but I'm out of town this weekend.

#15 9 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

I'd buy it, but I'm out of town this weekend.

I thought you were gonna be down in the basement....

#16 9 years ago
Quoted from ArcadiusMaximus:

Also the fact it is garage kept next to a 'rusty' No Fear

That was a joke.

It wasn't ACTUALLY in a pinball orphanage where it cried nightly.

Pinball machines can't cry.

I don't actually know anything about the history of this game - emotional or otherwise - except that it's fresh off route, and that's the only thing fresh about it.

#17 9 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

I thought you were gonna be down in the basement....

I decided to check out someone else's basement. I'm just screwing with Levi, because he made a BS bid on one of my games once.

#18 9 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Everyone loves AFM. I Love AFM.
But who could love this AFM? It's own mother? Even she turned her back on this ugly duckling. It has endured many long nights at the pinball orphanage, weeping itself to sleep every night, shunned by even the rusty old No Fear in a Giligan's Island cab in the corner.
It's a sad tale, but one that may yet have a happy ending, for a buyer with the determination to take this base game and bring it to fully restored heights, and for a seller who wants nothing more than a whole lot of cash.
Maybe it's the cold medicine talking, but the anticipation is taking me to strange, dizzying places.

This AFM's worst days were still miles head of any NF or GI's best days.....in SPADES.

#19 9 years ago
Quoted from ArcadiusMaximus:

Shots of the inside of the cabinet may help your cause.

I deliver for my legions of fans!!!

image-786.jpgimage-786.jpgimage-840.jpgimage-840.jpgimage-853.jpgimage-853.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

#20 9 years ago

I'd trade you a super nice NGG for it if you can deliver to Az.

#21 9 years ago
Quoted from Squeakman:

I'd trade you a super nice NGG for it if you can deliver to Az.

I'd only be down a couple grand on that deal.

I'll consider it.

#22 9 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I'd only be down a couple grand on that deal.

I'll consider it.

Love your humor man. Its refreshing to see someone take a joke on here and not blow a gasket.

#23 9 years ago

Right now it's a two-way race between $500 stone cold mess philly guy and drive-it-to-Arizona dude.

I'll keep you all posted!

#24 9 years ago

#25 9 years ago

PM sent

#26 9 years ago

JM straight up.

#27 9 years ago

Sure, but only if you do the driving and throw in a $25 regal cinema gift card.

#29 9 years ago

I have no doub it will sell for 5000 .....all it takes its someone with vision to restore this beauty.....

Decal Inserts -100 dls
Cabinet decals -275
Cliffy protector set-150
Powder coat rails and legs and coin door - 250
LEDs - 150
Total of $ 925 plus 5000 afm machine , it will be a $ 5925 attack from mars machine but it will be gorgeous ...
To bad I have one already or else I would jump all over it right away ......

Good luck with the sale .....this one wont need luck it will sell right away ...

#30 9 years ago

This would look rad next to my Starship Troopers in the arcade coming here.
Both have some "total annihilation" 'd inserts, which I don't really mind as a players game.

#31 9 years ago
Quoted from Monarca1091:

I have no doub it will sell for 5000 .....all it takes its someone with vision to restore this beauty.....
Decal Inserts -100 dls
Cabinet decals -275
Cliffy protector set-150
LEDs - 150
Total of $ 925 plus 5000 afm machine , it will be a $ 5925 Attack from Mars machine but it will be gorgeous ...
Good luck with the sale .....this one wont need luck it will sell right away ...

It's a costly event having decals installed...

#32 9 years ago
Quoted from HighProtein:

It's a costly event having decals installed...

Or timely if you do it yourself

#33 9 years ago
Quoted from Monarca1091:

Decal Inserts -100 dls
Cabinet decals -275
Cliffy protector set-150
LEDs - 150
Total of $ 925 plus 5000 afm machine , it will be a $ 5925 Attack from Mars machine but it will be gorgeous ...

This machine needs a lot more than you have listed above. The inserts are not going to be fixed for $100. And with this many cosmetic and rust issues, there will be other issues to work through.

#34 9 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Everyone loves AFM. I Love AFM

not everyone! I don't like AFM at all!! But good luck with your sale!!

#35 9 years ago

Are you going to chi expo?

#36 9 years ago

Sorry no go expo. This gotta be picked up by NAVL or in big apple.

And to guy who says he doesn't like Afm: nobody believes you. Everyone loves Afm.

#37 9 years ago

Thanks for all the kind offers and advice. I've received a sizeable deposit and this game is sold.

We laughed, we cried, and most importantly, I think we all learned a lot about ourselves. All in all, we made this the best for sale thread it could be.

#38 9 years ago

I think I can beat both offers from this thread - $550 and you only have to drive it to Kansas City.

#39 9 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

This machine needs a lot more than you have listed above. The inserts are not going to be fixed for $100. And with this many cosmetic and rust issues, there will be other issues to work through.

Game should be bought as a core game for a full blown restoration. And it's priced accordingly.

And sold.

#40 9 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

We laughed, we cried, and most importantly, I think we all learned a lot about ourselves. All in all, we made this the best for sale thread it could be.

We would have loved to have had you out here in the wonderful AZ.... Congrats on your sale.

#41 9 years ago

Did I see a termite in the cabinet?

#42 9 years ago
Quoted from eggbert52:

Did I see a termite in the cabinet?

No that was just a bedbug.

#43 9 years ago

Great community here! Happy to be a part of it.

#44 9 years ago

Martians attacked this machine, and won.. that is all..

Glad it sold, and hope it gets restored, I am sure it will beautiful, and it is an AWESOME game and deserves it!

#45 9 years ago

It does deserve it. The kind of attention this one needs simply isn't my forte. I'm bummed that I won't get to play this as it's one of my favorites.

I'm not bummed that I will have the space to set up the beautiful Theater of Magic I've acquired.

#46 9 years ago

It looks like my AFM's long lost brother. My inserts are chewed up just as bad. Perfect core game for a resto.

#47 9 years ago
Quoted from patrickvc:

It looks like my AFM's long lost brother. My inserts are chewed up just as bad. Perfect core game for a resto.

Are you playing the game with the inserts like that, or is this game folded up?

#48 9 years ago

Man, $5k? I wouldn't say this this until now, but seemed overpriced for its condition in the current climate. I know AFM still holds people's attention, but I wonder what it goes for if AFMr is made/priced at $6k.

Then again, I doubt it sold for $5k.

#49 9 years ago

The "current climate" is indeed rough man.

When it takes 28 hours to sell a game that you've basically advertised and marketed as a piece of crap that needs a total resto, you know things are bad.

I was about to drive the damn thing to Arizona or trade it straight up for a faded JM.

The pinball market is collapsing before our eyes. I just turned down a $900 Creature because there's a scrape on the babe's nipple on the translite.

#50 9 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

The "current climate" is indeed rough man.
When it takes 28 hours to sell a game that you've basically advertised and marketed as a piece of crap that needs a total resto, you know things are bad.
I was about to drive the damn thing to Arizona or trade it straight up for a faded JM.
The pinball market is collapsing before our eyes. I just turned down a $900 Creature because there's a scrape on the babe's nipple on the translite.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Van Alstyne, TX
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 21.50
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
$ 27.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

There are 103 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/afm-fs-5000-nyc/page/1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.