Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

thats what she said.jpg
joust-2player-1.jpg
thats what she said.jpg
image-426.jpg
image-387.jpg
image-760.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider goatdan.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#39 9 years ago
Quoted from mainelycoasters:

Do you think the used market will get cheaper on games like MM AFM and MB with the new reproductions out?

That happened a year ago, the thought that they could be remade is already mostly baked into their price now. If / when they come out, I expect the market to get a little softer on them at that time, but we'll see.

With the seemingly million of new game announcements, *if* PPS announces MB and AFM tomorrow, on the heels of BJM, the new Heighway thing, and the recent announcements of TBL, TWD and Hobbit updates, I think that we will find the market softening at least somewhat. I don't know or want to guess if it will 'trickle down' to cheaper titles, but it could.

#43 9 years ago
Quoted from pezpunk:

don't most new pins enjoy a honeymoon of popularity when they first arrive in homes?

Yeah, but the difference here is that these pins are NOT new. They are 15+ years old already, and unlike when ST arrives for instance, people know exactly what sort of gameplay they are getting. It takes a while for people that don't own the latest new release to review it and compare it to other machines. I already know exactly what MMR will play like because I have spent a LOT of time on MM.

#52 9 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

Was it the backlash from Pinside on MMR that changed?

I know you're talking about the game announcement, but I think that what changed here was what someone else said - when they announced MMR, a billion people signed up because they thought they were getting a $12,000 game for $8,000. When they realized they were getting an $8,000 game for $8,000, it became less appealing.

Whatever is the next game announced, if it has the same price point, I don't see many people jumping on it right away. Add to that, there are no other B/W games where the price point of $8k is overly attractive, and that Rich has already said that future ones may have their prices adjusted, and you definitely don't want to announce tomorrow that the next release is going to be AFM for $6k or something, and have the people who preordered MMR get out the pitchforks.

#54 9 years ago
Quoted from Blitzburgh99:

Would having the CPR parts reproductions have more to do with the rise in prices of these older games? Better quality games hitting the market?

I keep hearing this parroted about how the System 11 games have risen and are much harder to find lately.

I haven't seen anything to substantiate that *other* than when restored games are hitting the market and commanding higher price. A few years ago, the really good examples of System 11 machines were drawing a lot of money too. It was just there was far less of them. The not-so-great or project examples of System 11 games I'm still finding for about the same prices as I was paying for them five years ago.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 30.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanted
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

£ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
Sillyoldelf Mods

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 21.50
Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Van Alstyne, TX
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 75.00
$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider goatdan.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/afm-confirmation?tu=goatdan and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.