Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

thats what she said.jpg
joust-2player-1.jpg
thats what she said.jpg
image-426.jpg
image-387.jpg
image-760.jpg
There are 135 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.
#51 9 years ago

Maybe they're developing a major code update? Or a sequel!?

One can dream

#52 9 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

Was it the backlash from Pinside on MMR that changed?

I know you're talking about the game announcement, but I think that what changed here was what someone else said - when they announced MMR, a billion people signed up because they thought they were getting a $12,000 game for $8,000. When they realized they were getting an $8,000 game for $8,000, it became less appealing.

Whatever is the next game announced, if it has the same price point, I don't see many people jumping on it right away. Add to that, there are no other B/W games where the price point of $8k is overly attractive, and that Rich has already said that future ones may have their prices adjusted, and you definitely don't want to announce tomorrow that the next release is going to be AFM for $6k or something, and have the people who preordered MMR get out the pitchforks.

#53 9 years ago
Quoted from mainelycoasters:

Well the system 11's are rising in price now too. Most of that I think is do to the higher priced WPC machines.

Would having the CPR parts reproductions have more to do with the rise in prices of these older games? Better quality games hitting the market?

#54 9 years ago
Quoted from Blitzburgh99:

Would having the CPR parts reproductions have more to do with the rise in prices of these older games? Better quality games hitting the market?

I keep hearing this parroted about how the System 11 games have risen and are much harder to find lately.

I haven't seen anything to substantiate that *other* than when restored games are hitting the market and commanding higher price. A few years ago, the really good examples of System 11 machines were drawing a lot of money too. It was just there was far less of them. The not-so-great or project examples of System 11 games I'm still finding for about the same prices as I was paying for them five years ago.

#55 9 years ago

Yup, there are so many variables.

Quoted from goatdan:

but I think that what changed

#56 9 years ago

MB-R and AFM-R both expected to be announced today at 1pm. Watch live, likely the most exciting seminar today. http://www.ustream.tv/channel/jguynes

#58 9 years ago

Crap - here I am watching this thread, thinking its 1:00 right now... Chicago is central time..

#59 9 years ago

Edit: Nevermind.

#60 9 years ago
Quoted from Jared:

MB-R and AFM-R both expected to be announced today at 1pm. Watch live, likely the most exciting seminar today. http://www.ustream.tv/channel/jguynes

can't wait.

#61 9 years ago

Annnnd I just bought an AFM I knew it was coming, so no worries.

#62 9 years ago
Quoted from Jared:

Anyone else watching - not seeing any action right now?

#63 9 years ago
Quoted from iwantansi:

not seeing any action right now?

thats what she said.jpgthats what she said.jpg
#64 9 years ago

On live right now

#65 9 years ago

"we'll have a major announcement and clarifications at the end."

#66 9 years ago

(No sound here at work) I see the Blackout backglass though... who is the guy with the beard?

#67 9 years ago

Doing my best to read the slide show

NEW WPC 2.0 games coming

According to slide show - looks like hes just refuting all the BS about MMR being made - him buying a house with the money, his cell phone being disconnected .

Now talking about how PPS is shutting down everyone making parts and the world is going to end..

How to find out what theyre up to... PPS website and forum, pinside, twitter, facebook

Thanks for the support... Special thanks to Roger Sharpe and WEG...

#68 9 years ago

Ughhh, how disappointing!!

#69 9 years ago

WOW, PR is not their strong suit.

#70 9 years ago
Quoted from Jared:

How'd that work out?

#71 9 years ago

bwaa bwaa

#73 9 years ago

Has anyone actually asked Rick if it's possible for Remake #2 to be less than $7999.00? I understand it wouldn't be good for him to admit that it's possible while trying to sell MMR, but you never know what kind of answer we might get.

#74 9 years ago

So what's happening with these remakes? I missed the announcement -if any?

#75 9 years ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

So what's happening with these remakes? I missed the announcement -if any?

There is no announcement. No remakes beyond MMr and Pinball Circus right now.

#76 9 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

Maybe, but i think there are always people who see more value in something original than a reproduction.
Personally, I'd rather have the reproduction. The part of my brain that appreciates something being original isn't wired properly.

The prices WILL drop on originals, for anybody to doubt it, look at MM.

#77 9 years ago
Quoted from misfitdart:

The prices WILL drop on originals, for anybody to doubt it, look at MM.

Will drop more? I don't think so, at least not because of remakes. The prices of originals have already dropped. Anyone who is aware of MMr is aware that any title can be remade, as Rick loves to point out.

MMs took the biggest hit, but AFMs and MBs are already selling for thousands less than they were pre-remakes.

#78 9 years ago
Quoted from ReplayRyan:

Will drop more? I don't think so, at least not because of remakes. The prices of originals have already dropped. Anyone who is aware of MMr is aware that any title can be remade, as Rick loves to point out.
MMs took the biggest hit, but AFMs and MBs are already selling for thousands less than they were pre-remakes.

Agreed - AFM and MB have fallen from peak prices and are tough to sell already

#79 9 years ago

Here we go again !

#81 9 years ago

Why place ads in the Expo guide all but announcing AFMr and MBr, and then not announce them

#82 9 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Why place ads in the Expo guide all but announcing AFMr and MBr, and then not announce them

My guess is this was printed or approved before knowing MMR would be delayed past expo. Announcing 2 new tables before the first has shipped probably isn't the smartest move. Looks like MMRs will be heading out the door soon so crossing fingers we'll get confirmation on these in the next few months. Would love a NIB MB.

#83 9 years ago
Quoted from WeirPinball:

Agreed - AFM and MB have fallen from peak prices and are tough to sell already

This MB sold pretty quick:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mb-for-sale-need-to-make-some-room-8750

#84 9 years ago
Quoted from Ed209:

My guess is this was printed or approved before knowing MMR would be delayed past expo. Announcing 2 new tables before the first has shipped probably isn't the smartest move. Looks like MMRs will be heading out the door soon so crossing fingers we'll get confirmation on these in the next few months. Would love a NIB MB.

I agree about the delay... I think that's going to change though because I'm pretty sure the MMRLE's are going on Sterns line Monday / Tues, which will exactly be at 1 year when it was officially announced.

#85 9 years ago

AFM would have to be no more than $5,500 for me to buy in. And I've already said I wouldn't buy from PPS ever again. But if it is $3,000 . . . count me in!!!

#86 9 years ago
Quoted from Pintucky:

AFM would have to be no more than $5,500 for me to buy in. And I've already said I wouldn't buy from PPS ever again. But if it is $3,000 . . . count me in!!!

Always sad to see a hypothetical sell out -- at least hang on to your principles until the price is officially announced, man!

#87 9 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Because Planetary didn't place did. Ministry did.

Because they knew you all would see. Because they knew you all would take pics. Because they knew they could generate free marketing for their URL when pics were taken.

A ad in the EXPO program is surprisingly cheap. Any jokester could pay $150 to put ANY AD IN THAT THEY WANT for ANYTHING. There is nothing to stop me from making a veiled psuedo BBB-RR ad in the program just to make people go nuts... remember the 2 months of drama over TBL ad last year at EXPO? Yep... someone could do that again... for a game that will never even be made... if they wanted.

The people here are way too frantic and crazy about new information... so much so that you could fabricate false information if you wished and have it circulate for marketing purposes.

#89 9 years ago
Quoted from Jared:

Because they knew you all would see. Because they knew you all would take pics. Because they knew they could generate free marketing for their URL when pics were taken.
A ad in the EXPO program is surprisingly cheap. Any jokester could pay $150 to put ANY AD IN THAT THEY WANT for ANYTHING. There is nothing to stop me from making a veiled psuedo BBB-RR ad in the program just to make people go nuts... remember the 2 months of drama over TBL ad last year at EXPO? Yep... someone could do that again... for a game that will never even be made... if they wanted.
The people here are way too frantic and crazy about new information... so much so that you could fabricate false information if you wished and have it circulate for marketing purposes.

Coming from the hype monster. That's rich.

#90 9 years ago
Quoted from Jared:

Exactly ... not sure how everyone is missing this point.

#91 9 years ago

I love how PPS is now pretending its not happening. Did Ministry just make it up?

#92 9 years ago

pretend what's not happening?

#93 9 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

pretend what's not happening?

The topic of this thread.

#94 9 years ago

The only thing thats happening is mmr and it's not even happened yet ...

#95 9 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

LOL!!!

#96 9 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

Exactly ... not sure how everyone is missing this point.

The Alfred E. Newman defense, "what, me?"

I'm guessing you were mighty pissed a vendor went rogue and took out ads teasing products under your liscense not yet being made or announced then. I wonder why they would have risked soiling a relationship with the only holder of B/W rights just for some publicity. Hmmm...

We may make dumb posts sometimes but we're not nearly as stupid as your post I quoted takes us for.

#97 9 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

The only thing thats happening is mmr

So Ministry posts a fake ad to generate hype for their site, a european distributor, in a magazine targeting a primarily american audience?

"so other than that, mrs. kennedy, how did you enjoy dallas?"

#98 9 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

Next topic of speculation......"MMr might not happen...."

#99 9 years ago
Quoted from Skins:

The Alfred E. Newman defense, "what, me?"
I'm guessing you were mighty pissed a vendor went rogue and took out ads teasing products under your liscense not yet being made or announced then. I wonder why they would have risked soiling a relationship with the only holder of B/W rights just for some publicity. Hmmm...
We may make dumb posts sometimes but we're not nearly as stupid as your post I quoted takes us for.

no, I was more amused ... I don't control what others do all the time ... it takes a little more than edgy ads to soil relationships.

rick

#100 9 years ago

Edgy. Yeah, that's what it was. Provocative even. I thought you ran a tighter ship than that. Guess not. ::shrug::

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 21.50
$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

16,500 (OBO)
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 12.95
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 30.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Machine - For Sale
Santa Clara, CA
Wanted
$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 299.99
Cabinet - Other
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 75.00
Machine - For Sale
Livermore, CA
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 135 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/afm-confirmation/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.