Topic Stats

• 135 posts
  • 67 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by jfh
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 6 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

thats what she said.jpg
joust-2player-1.jpg
thats what she said.jpg
image-426.jpg
image-387.jpg
image-760.jpg

There are 135 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
#1 4 years ago

Looks like we have a solid clue. In the program guide from expo.

image-760.jpg

#2 4 years ago

I thought Rick wasn't announcing until he was close to production on #2. At any rate, AFM doesn't surprise me. If I ever get my MMR I might consider AFM if the price is right.

#3 4 years ago

Could also be a sequel but more likely a remake.

#4 4 years ago

Is it sold out yet? Put me on the waiting list!

#5 4 years ago

Oops. Pic orientated the right way.image-387.jpg

#6 4 years ago
Quoted from S37VEN:

I thought Rick wasn't announcing until he was close to production on #2. At any rate, AFM doesn't surprise me. If I ever get my MMR I might consider AFM if the price is right.

Don't worry the price will not go down.

#7 4 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

Is it sold out yet? Put me on the waiting list!

I knew you were a pps fanboy deep down.

#9 4 years ago

At $8k, AFMR will never see my basement.

#10 4 years ago

How about $7k?

#11 4 years ago

WTB original restored AFM - must be close to mint condition - will pay up to 4K

Scott

#12 4 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

How about $7k?

I think $6500 is the sweet spot, but I do not plan on buying.

#13 4 years ago

7K is definitely better, 6.5 and I'll get the checkbook out -- AFTER MMR is in my basement by Thanksgiving!

#14 4 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

I think $6500 is the sweet spot, but I do not plan on buying.

At $6500 I would consider it. Not in, just consider...

#15 4 years ago

Well they are trolling us or PPS is tipping their hand on games number 2 & 3.image-426.jpg

#16 4 years ago

An AFM remake would be really cool. It's in my top 5 favorites.

But...it would still probably well out of my price range.

Wasn't AFM intended to be a cheaper pin when it was originally produced?

#17 4 years ago

A sequel would be great.
I can't imagine an 8k remake will do anything for people. The price would Have to be in the 6k range. And even 7k might be too much.

#18 4 years ago

Now I know we are being trolled. Close thread.

#19 4 years ago

ha-ha, this will make it two for two! MM and AFM were my first two professional restores. Who would have known 10 years ago (approximately when I sent them out to be done) that I could buy remakes in the future. so if trend continues, here is what you can expect:

#3 - TAFG
#4 - TZ
#5 - FH
#6 - SS

what are the chances? lol

#20 4 years ago
Quoted from S37VEN:

Now I know we are being trolled. Close thread.

Close thread, lol. Who the hell do you think you are.

It's in the official souvenir guide.

#21 4 years ago
Quoted from Saveleaningtower:

ha-ha, this will make it two for two! MM and AFM were my first two professional restores. Who would have known 10 years ago (approximately when I sent them out to be done) that I could buy remakes in the future. so if trend continues, here is what you can expect:
#3 - TAFG#4 - TZ#5 - FH#6 - SS
what are the chances? lol

Don't think TAFG will be done anytime soon
TZ there are a ton out there that are in decent shape, and the cost to build may be high
FH--maybe, PF's are already being done and with FAST talking about a 2.0 kit its anyones guess...

#22 4 years ago
Quoted from burningman:

Don't think TAFG will be done anytime soon

The cost of TAF would probably be astronomical just because of licensing, if the pinball arcade kickstarter is any indication.

#23 4 years ago

i really was just joking because of the MM then AFM matching my restore order

#24 4 years ago

Is a AFM or MB the most wanted pin in US?

In europe are CC still very rare and sellers were fill up with inquiries in shortest time.

So a CCr or even CCCr would not be the worst sequel.

#25 4 years ago

Where the hell is Cactus canyon
That's what I want !!!

#26 4 years ago
Quoted from DerRoland:

Is a AFM or MB the most wanted pin in US?
In europe are CC still very rare and sellers were fill up with inquiries in shortest time.
So a CCr or even CCCr would not be the worst sequel.

Just because a game is rare and sells quickly doesn't mean that 1000 or more people will be willing to buy one. I personally think that CC is a great game, but it's a bit of a tough sell because not nearly as many people have played it as MM, AFM, MB, and a few others.

#27 4 years ago

i hope the family friendly price of 8k remains.

#28 4 years ago

its the end of the world as we know it...

#29 4 years ago
Quoted from Skins:

Looks like we have a solid clue. In the program guide from expo.

image-760.jpg 143 KB

We had a clue on TBL last year.

Not like remakes of AFM and/or MB would surprise anyone. The question is not so much what, but when.

#30 4 years ago

I'm in for AFMr, but it'll need to be a whole lot closer to $5k-$6k. No attacking for me at $8k.

#31 4 years ago

I'd rather have a CC remake than anything else, but CC is a risk for PP to remake. It does not have the awareness other A list pins have and the western theme can definitely be considered dated.

AFM and MB will be risk free releases.

Makes way more sense to hold off on CC until they get a few successful releases under their belt.

#32 4 years ago

Watch rick only drop the price $500 on each, over $7k is still pretty high

#33 4 years ago

My favorite aspect of these remakes is that it brings the price more down to earth on the originals. I'm sure the added stuff to the remakes are kool tho...

#34 4 years ago

Do you think the used market will get cheaper on games like MM AFM and MB with the new reproductions out?

#35 4 years ago
Quoted from mainelycoasters:

Do you think the used market will get cheaper on games like MM AFM and MB with the new reproductions out?

Maybe, but i think there are always people who see more value in something original than a reproduction.

Personally, I'd rather have the reproduction. The part of my brain that appreciates something being original isn't wired properly.

#36 4 years ago

Already has happened. I sold my restored AFM for $9K - couldn't get anywhere near that now.

#37 4 years ago

Well the system 11's are rising in price now too. Most of that I think is do to the higher priced WPC machines.

#38 4 years ago

I am a buyer for MB. I already have a fine AFM so I'll pass on that one.

#39 4 years ago

That happened a year ago, the thought that they could be remade is already mostly baked into their price now. If / when they come out, I expect the market to get a little softer on them at that time, but we'll see.

With the seemingly million of new game announcements, *if* PPS announces MB and AFM tomorrow, on the heels of BJM, the new Heighway thing, and the recent announcements of TBL, TWD and Hobbit updates, I think that we will find the market softening at least somewhat. I don't know or want to guess if it will 'trickle down' to cheaper titles, but it could.

#40 4 years ago

Looks like the "high end" restorers are going to have to find another way to make money...

#41 4 years ago
Quoted from goatdan:

That happened a year ago, the thought that they could be remade is already mostly baked into their price now. If / when they come out, I expect the market to get a little softer on them at that time, but we'll see.
With the seemingly million of new game announcements, *if* PPS announces MB and AFM tomorrow, on the heels of BJM, the new Heighway thing, and the recent announcements of TBL, TWD and Hobbit updates, I think that we will find the market softening at least somewhat. I don't know or want to guess if it will 'trickle down' to cheaper titles, but it could.

i think the originals under threat of remake such as MM, MB, AFM, etc will take another hit once people start getting their MMR and gushing about it (and i don't think i'm being too biased here -- don't most new pins enjoy a honeymoon of popularity when they first arrive in homes? i remember ACDC and ST debuting at #1 on the top 100). but after that, I think prices of originals will recover somewhat once that wears off.

I also think games that are in no danger of being recreated (for example the vast majority of B/W titles) won't be affected much by the remakes. the threat to these titles is TBL, Hobbit, and other new designs that are FINALLY after 20 years advancing pinball beyond what WMS was doing in the 90s. no disrespect for Stern -- they kept the hobby alive through the dark age. without them, none of this would be here, and recently have come out with some stellar games. But it's JJP and Dutch that are moving the hobby forward into the future, and finally might make the 90s B/W titles seem as dated as they are.

#42 4 years ago
Quoted from Khabbi:

Looks like the "high end" restorers are going to have to find another way to make money...

Maybe not...
1) There are still some older unrestored games out there that were bought on the 'cheap' relatively speaking that will probably end up restored.
2) There are some DMD's that may never be remade (IJ, TZ, CV, ...) that will get restored.
3) Plus, as older pre-DMD games become valuable (see system 11 thread), collectors will see value in those games restored.

#43 4 years ago
Quoted from pezpunk:

don't most new pins enjoy a honeymoon of popularity when they first arrive in homes?

Yeah, but the difference here is that these pins are NOT new. They are 15+ years old already, and unlike when ST arrives for instance, people know exactly what sort of gameplay they are getting. It takes a while for people that don't own the latest new release to review it and compare it to other machines. I already know exactly what MMR will play like because I have spent a LOT of time on MM.

#44 4 years ago
Quoted from Khabbi:

I don't think so.

What they do is well beyond NIB. I would be willing to go so far as to say a HEP pin will always be more valuable than a NIB of the same game.

#45 4 years ago

For people on a budget it will be a hard choice buy a great game now or wait.

#46 4 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

The cost of TAF would probably be astronomical just because of licensing, if the pinball arcade kickstarter is any indication.

So, you're saying, rather than invest $100k to secure the TAF license, they'd just not bother making it? Selling 1000 machines at $6k or something is $6 million gross. They're not selling an app, I'm sure $100k would be available within the costs to make it happen.

#47 4 years ago

Hmmmm.... Metallica for $4400ish or AFM for "sky is the limit" - oh mies so difficult -____- ...

#48 4 years ago

Not going to happen. If only because MMR owners can still get their money back and might decide they'd rather have one of those instead.

If they would have got MMR on the line in time, things might be different.

Quoted from goatdan:

*if* PPS announces MB and AFM tomorrow,

#49 4 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

Not going to happen. If only because MMR owners can still get their money back and might decide they'd rather have one of those instead.
If they would have got MMR on the line in time, things might be different.

I wonder if when those AFM and MB ads were purchased the plan was different ...

#50 4 years ago

From what I hear, and we all have our sources is that AFM is next and it was going to be announced at Expo.

Was it the backlash from Pinside on MMR that changed? Was it the fact that they couldn't get MMR on the line? Is the game still going to be AFM a few months from now or might something else change? Who knows.

Quoted from pezpunk:

I wonder if when those AFM and MB ads were purchased the plan was different ...

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 36.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
There are 135 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside