Topic poll

“MM and AFM in a small collection?”

• Way too similar, move on 21 votes
    30%
  • Somewhat similar but probably OK if you love the themes of both 21 votes
    30%
  • Actually pretty different, would work fine 18 votes
    26%
  • Stop being an idiot, take a left turn and get TNA or another completely different game 10 votes
    14%

(70 votes)

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider sealawyer.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3 5 years ago

IMO, AFM and MM are WAY too similar for a small collection. I prefer AFM. Why doesn’t she like the DI? What about Star Trek or something like that? TNA or IMDN or ACDC would pair nicely with MM.

#6 5 years ago
Quoted from Oldgoat:

It's not that she doesn't like it, it's just that she much prefers MM. Of course, to be perfectly honest, we've been married for 40+ years and I still haven't got a clue what the hell goes on in her mind half the time.

LOL, yeh, that’s how it goes! Don’t get me wrong. I LOVE MM! It’s just I would play AFM way more if that’s all I had, and the shots are SO similar.

#7 5 years ago
Quoted from Only_Pinball:

I have both MM and AFM in a small collection (5 pins) and both get tons of play. While they are very similar, they feel different enough for us. Love both.

5 is a LOT more than 2.

I have a SuperChexx and a MAME cabinet too. And ping pong and darts. But I only have 2 pins (for now). Five would be MASSIVE increase in my collection. The Pinchhitter isn’t REALLY a pin, even though it’s awesome!

#12 5 years ago
Quoted from Frippertron:

Completely agree with you. Star Trek is great. I would also highly recommend Spider-man and the Walking Dead. If you wanna try a music pin I'd go with Metallica or Maiden. Definitely think you should do a Stern instead of an AFM/MBr.

Yeh, even just the Pro version of Star Trek is an AWESOME pin! WD is super cool, as is MET, although I’d go for Aerosmith or ACDC over those. All just depends on what theme you think your wife might like. I tell you what else was a surprisingly fun pin, even though I wasn’t a huge fan of the movies: Shrek! My wife and I played one for an hour and couldn’t stop laughing!

#15 5 years ago
Quoted from Oldgoat:

We're both fans of humor, and as we tend to be high in the smart-assery category, the more sarcastic the better.

MM is WAY funnier than AFM, obviously. Funhouse and WH2O are also funny games.

#16 5 years ago
Quoted from TechnicalSteam:

I have both games. They are very similar and different.
At our home. Medieval Madness definitely gets the most love form Children and Spouse.
AFMRLE is my favorite all time game. In my opinion bettter than original.
If I was in your shoes. That would be tough. I'd start with one. Recommend AFMRLE if you can afford it

Agree COMPLETELY on AFMr LE!! But you have 18 pins, and the OP already has MM with only room for a 2nd pin. AFMr LE will be my 5th pin buy, even though it’s my favorite. I MAYBE have room for 7...

#17 5 years ago

Bwahahaha!! I just saw the poll choices. I love smartass humor as well, which is why I picked the last option.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 129.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinwize.com

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 24.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 45.00
$ 44.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 29.95
$ 64.99
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

11,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Idaho Falls, ID
11,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Idaho Falls, ID
10,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bettendorf, IA
$ 12.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Machine - For Sale
Calgary, AB
$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider sealawyer.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/afm-and-mm-for-small-collection?tu=sealawyer and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.