Topic Stats

• 5 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by yonkiman
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 10 years ago

Was talking with a friend, and we realized we don't know exactly what targets/actions increase the base bonus in AFM or HS2. We know what increases the bonus multiplier, but what increases the base that gets multiplied?

Also, in HSII, what do the "2x RPM" and the "2x Freeway" indicators do, and what action(s) lights them up? I'm guessing if 2x RPM is lit, then any normal RPM increases are doubled (similar for 2x Freeway). In most pinball machines, the flipper return lane rollover switch is associated with the lighted insert above it (typically the switch will light the insert above it)...but in The Getaway it's never been clear to me what's going on. Rolling over the switch below the insert doesn't light the insert up...

#2 10 years ago

Getaway -

Changing gears will light both inlanes for 2x RPM and 2x Freeway respectively. When lit, going through the inlane the first time will light the opposite orbit shot for either double the RPM advance or two Freeway advances. That will be available on the opposite orbit shot while the inlane is blinking (lasts for about as long as the freeway on the opposite orbit). After the inlane goes out, you need to advance gears to light it again.

#3 10 years ago

Thanks mcc. Any idea what increases the base bonus points?

1 month later
#4 10 years ago
Quoted from yonkiman:

Thanks mcc. Any idea what increases the base bonus points?

I'm bumping this just because it was never answered, and I played a bunch of Getaway last night. Shifting gears advances the multipliers, but like Yonk asked, what the heck increases the base bonus points?

#5 10 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

I'm bumping this just because it was never answered...what the heck increases the base bonus points?

I did some testing on my AFM (press a target, then hold the right flipper button until the bonus showed up in the status report, repeat), and it looks like hitting just about anything (bumper, target, lane switch, etc.) incremented the base bonus by some odd number like 117,640 (equivalent to around 100 points in most other games). I think the top lane switches (the ones that increment the bonus multiplier) were significantly higher. Was going to do more testing and post my results but lost my notes and never got around to trying again.

But to summarize, for AFM at least, it looks like everything increases the base bonus.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 85.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Haus

5,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Gilroy, CA
$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

4,025 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

10,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Onekama, MI
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/afm-and-hsii-scoring-questions and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.