New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 51437)

AFM $4500, TZ $3500 on Mr Pinball

By Eryeal

7 years ago

Topic Stats

• 43 posts
  • 28 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by DEWSHO
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

trap.jpg

#1 7 years ago

Perhaps scams, as the AFM has a California phone number .. but if you missed it - these just hit Mr Pinball Classifieds today. Both say machines are excellent condition if someone wants to try to pursue them.

#2 7 years ago

yeah looks fake, but still worth a shot

#3 7 years ago

Really??? You think? Sure it's not our south american friends again?

#4 7 years ago

I think it was funny that the AFM one listed a flyer as the first part of the description....

#5 7 years ago

Beware!

#6 7 years ago

If it sounds too good to be true...............

#7 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

If it sounds too good to be true..

same feeling here

#8 7 years ago

Note - seller says that TZ is available for Florida, I emailed just to inquire as it's one of those "Wish I was closer" moments.

#9 7 years ago

Link please?

#10 7 years ago

$3500 TZ should be about right. It's not a screaming deal, unless it looks damn nice.

#11 7 years ago

i have been in contact with the TZ owner since this morning. should have the deal done after he gets done with work.

#12 7 years ago

Both are screaming deals if legit and above average. . .GLWB!

#14 7 years ago

HELLO KIND SIR,

MY NAME IS MIGUEL GEORGE AND I HAVE ACCESS TO A PINBALL MACHINE "THE TWILIGHT ZONE" AND "THE ATTACK FROM PLANET OF MARS". IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO DISCUSS THE CONTACT OF TRADE PLEASE DON'T HESITATE TO PHONE ME (234) 419-5555.

--A TRUE FRIEND

#15 7 years ago

Now complete^^^^^^^^^^

#16 7 years ago

Its upsured that a listing that is the same price people were asking 2 years ago is now considered a scam listing.

#17 7 years ago
Quoted from CapnARRR:

HELLO KIND SIR,
MY NAME IS MIGUEL GEORGE AND I HAVE ACCESS TO A PINBALL MACHINE "THE Twilight Zone" AND "THE ATTACK FROM PLANET OF MARS". IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO DISCUSS THE CONTACT OF TRADE PLEASE DON'T HESITATE TO PHONE ME (234) 419-5555.
--A TRUE FRIEND

That sounds like scam with just about every word lol

#18 7 years ago

That's not a scam post its a troll post.

#19 7 years ago
Quoted from CapnARRR:

HELLO KIND SIR,
MY NAME IS MIGUEL GEORGE AND I HAVE ACCESS TO A PINBALL MACHINE "THE Twilight Zone" AND "THE ATTACK FROM PLANET OF MARS". IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO DISCUSS THE CONTACT OF TRADE PLEASE DON'T HESITATE TO PHONE ME (234) 419-5555.
--A TRUE FRIEND

Could be real. A true scam would have be worded, "PLEASE HESITATE NOT TO PHONE ME."

Dan

#20 7 years ago
Quoted from CapnARRR:

HELLO KIND SIR,
--A TRUE FRIEND

It's only a scam if it ends in "God bless"

#21 7 years ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

i have been in contact with the TZ owner since this morning. should have the deal done after he gets done with work.

So did you get in contact or not?

#22 7 years ago

I dont see these prices as a steal, I see the current market collective thought as inflated.

#23 7 years ago
Quoted from PEN:

I dont see these prices as a steal, I see the current market collective thought as inflated.

+1

#24 7 years ago

trap.jpg

#25 7 years ago

He'll yea! Bring that baby to WI!!! Good luck.

#26 7 years ago

it is actually for a client of mine. i passed the information along to him and will know more in the morning. if he does close the deal it will be coming back to wisconsin.

personally i just picked up a ST:TNG, so there will be another one in WI!

#27 7 years ago

it is actually for a client of mine. i passed the information along to him and will know more in the morning. if he does close the deal it will be coming back to wisconsin.
personally i just picked up a ST:TNG, so there will be another one in WI!

You are my hero! Just played STTNG tonight for the first time in 20 years. I'd SO be a client of yours if I had any money!

#28 7 years ago

Have access to? Cinder block through business window is access? JC run.

#29 7 years ago
Quoted from DEWSHO:

You are my hero! Just played STTNG tonight for the first time in 20 years. I'd SO be a client of yours if I had any money!

i hope to have it here around the first week of June. once i go through it and get it working you are more than welcome to come up and play it or any of the other games i have. not all of the games i have are currently at my house though, some are at my dads and some are at my brothers (Twilight zone, (1) Lord of the Rings, Super Mario Brothers and Jurassic Park)

i'll let you know when its ready.

as soon as i get my Wizard of Oz i will have a little get together too (i am hopefully thinking after Labor day, that is not a typo either)

#30 7 years ago

i hope to have it here around the first week of June. once i go through it and get it working you are more than welcome to come up and play it or any of the other games i have.

Little hour and a half jog up the road. I'll definitely be there! So glad I live where I do, around so many great pinheads. Went to 3 different peopls houses this week. And had one come to my house. What a blast! You going to centerflank's party?

#31 7 years ago

FS: MM NIB $3500.00
I heard it from a friend of a friend who knows this guy....

#32 7 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

$3500 TZ should be about right. It's not a screaming deal, unless it looks damn nice.

Let me be the first to welcome you to....the FUTURE!!

(Since, it appears as if you've just stepped out from a time machine. I'm hoping it will return you safely to 2005).

#33 7 years ago

offered 5k for both donkey cart will be at my place a year from tomorrow...

#34 7 years ago
Quoted from pmWolf:

Let me be the first to welcome you to....the FUTURE!!
(Since, it appears as if you've just stepped out from a Time Machine. I'm hoping it will return you safely to 2005).

Condition was not disclosed. FOr a standard routed TZ sitting in a OPS warehouse with unknown working condition, your looking at 3k-3500 (even then your overpaying because you don't know what you need). If you pay more than that for something you can't test and condition is super dirty and typical fade (maybe acid damage, maybe parts missing) then you are an idiot. You guys look at these prices like they all come from people's houses and fully working. Again condition was not disclosed, hence why I said, 3500 is not a screaming deal depending on where it's coming from and condition.

Buying warehouse games is a total different animal than buying from collectors. You have to pay very low, because most of the time you run into problems that get very costly fast. If you pay to much to begin with, you end up having more money and time into it than you would have buying a reasonable priced one from a collector. Most around here never encountered warehouse games in their life, and have no clue what i'm talking about. Probably would overpay for one if encountering one, not knowing what they are in for.

#35 7 years ago

well said Neo. i have seen pictures of this game, and it looks good (i won't say really good or great because they are just pictures). having someone go over and look at the machine on saturday to verify everything else.

#36 7 years ago

Keep us super posted, I'm working on an AFM for $1500, word of mouth, finds pins...but am checking out Monday, guy said he played it last night... Deals like this come to those who wait and are patient. Good luck

#37 7 years ago

Turns out the tz was a scam. As soon as it was said that we had someone to come look at it the deal fell apart

#38 7 years ago

Amazing huh ?

#39 7 years ago

Turns out the tz was a scam. As soon as it was said that we had someone to come look at it the deal fell apart

At least you were wise enough to see through it.

#41 7 years ago

seriously? a scam? a florida pinball being sold out of california with an ohio area code...no way.

/jackazz

#42 7 years ago

i've picked up TZs down here in the last 2 years. $400, $3400, $2200, and $2500. it's not the price that shouts out scam. it's that f*ing email that screams it.

#43 7 years ago

yeah. oh well. the search continues

Keep fighting the good fight my friend and keep bringing those pins to WI! I and many others REALLY appreciate it!

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside