Topic Stats

• 111 posts
  • 49 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by tracelifter
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

P1010507.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tigerlaw.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#44 5 years ago

I've long said that I do not feel the asking prices for AFM are any where near the prices the machine really sells for. People only see asking prices though.

All the people who claim it is a 10k game also claim they bought it years ago before it got super valuable. Find me someone who will admit to paying 10k+ for an AFM here on Pinside.

#82 5 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Seriously?
I know of 3 people personally who have more than $10k in an AFM that they either own now, or have in the past (not including posters on Pinside that I don't know personally). And if you want someone to raise their hand in terms of having more than $10k invested, I am waving my hand. Both of them actually.
ยป YouTube video

Not invested in one (I understand people who have one restored have more than 10k invested in one), I'm talking about someone to raise their hand and say they bought one on Pinside for over 10k out of the market place. Very different things.

#86 5 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Why does that matter?

Well, it is a small difference but a difference nonetheless. I would spend $6,000 having a HEP level restore done to my pride and joy Doctor Who. I've owned the game NIB since 1992 and it is my baby machine. I would not buy a DW for $6,000 . . . that would be bad judgment.

The market for AFM is not at or above 10k based on what I can tell, though some people who really love the game have a master like Keller, McCune, or HEP restore them for them and they have over 10k into them.

Again, all of this is just my observations, doesn't mean they are correct.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 135.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
Lit Frames
$ 49.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tigerlaw.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside