9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

P1010507.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider npo.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#90 9 years ago

Price tags on AFM are one of the huge reasons I am glad I bought RFM .

Yeah, RFM is AFM's lil brother - no doubt - but I still get the martians jumping and talking, some great humor, a couple lil spaceships, and some great light shows and sound effects for a literal 1/4 of the stated thread topic's price, AND a full movie of "I Just Came from Uranus" if I hold down my flipper long enough - Woohoo!!!! (tongue in cheek comment - obviously it's not a real or full movie)

I loved AFM when I was 15 in 1996 - that pinball machine was in the pinnacle of my teen years. I absolutely LOVED that game. I remember it being at $3000 in summer 2009 when I took study breaks in Digital Logic, and I knew after school I could afford one.

Three years later once I finally was done with my degree and OTS = BOOM = $8000+. It angered me and I went on a price policing storm like none other. Then I remembered the song by the Stones: "You can't....always get....what you want...."

So, meh, life goes on - I am genuinely happy for those that can afford AFM. I have a decent number of friends up here that have it not even 1 hour away - so hey - I can still play it from time to time ! I got my own lil' snippet of Mars with RFM, so hey, like the song says "But if you try some time...you might find...you get what you need!"

Do I think the prices for the game are out of line - oh undeniably I do. Am I jealous of others that own it - nah . Life's too short to be upset that others can have what I realistically can't - for now.

Will I buy a $8000 remake if it comes into fruition.....? Woooooooooooo....that's a scary question, and the fact I can't simply type "No" gives me a hint as to my answer...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Van Alstyne, TX
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
$ 27.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Machine - For Sale
Santa Clara, CA
$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 21.50
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

16,500 (OBO)
$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider npo.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/afm-12000?tu=npo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.