Topic Stats

• 111 posts
  • 49 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by tracelifter
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

P1010507.JPG

There are 111 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
#101 5 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Seriously?
I know of 3 people personally who have more than $10k in an AFM that they either own now, or have in the past (not including posters on Pinside that I don't know personally). And if you want someone to raise their hand in terms of having more than $10k invested, I am waving my hand. Both of them actually.
ยป YouTube video

Hand Raised

#102 5 years ago

We sold one for $11995 not too long ago, but it was beautiful and as another poster said, adding extra goodies adds up. However, I don't think we could get that now! In the past 90 days I saw a real nice one for $8500, and two others for $6900 and $7500. Prices for most of the 'A' games seem to be edging downward in the retail world.

#103 5 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

AFM is the perfect game.
A beginner can step right up and enjoy it, and an experienced pinhead can play it for years and never fully master it.
It is funny without being "gay".
The music is amazing and of course the cow mode is the stuff of legend.
Easily the most fun pin ever created.
When you hear someone brag "we used 80 solenoids and over 60 switches!" you just want to raise your hand and ask "yeah, but is it more fun than AFM? It only has 12 solenoids....."

Well said. I think it is just about perfect in all regards, for all those reasons. It is about the only game I have sold off from my personal collection that I truly regret. They are just worth too much for me to hold one for my own use at this point. I remember I only paid $1300 for mine nine years ago! Got it on trade from a commercial customer.

#104 5 years ago

A pin is only worth 12k to the guy that actually payed it. To some unbiased bloke walking up to two Machines: a Metallica pro and an AFM in collectors condition. Which one do you think they would play?

#105 5 years ago
Quoted from karmalord:

A pin is only worth 12k to the guy that actually payed it. To some unbiased bloke walking up to two Machines: a Metallica pro and an AFM in collectors condition. Which one do you think they would play?

AFM.

#106 5 years ago

AFM=IM=>5k=<12K=Random Pinball Forum Opinion <does not equal> Some One That has not an AFM, an IM, 5K, 12K, OR an informed opinion.

#107 5 years ago

Chances of selling AFM for 12K turned out to be way less than finding one for sale for around 6K. Who knew?

#108 5 years ago
Quoted from snyper2099:

AFM=IM=>5k=<12K=Random Pinball Forum Opinion <does not equal> Some One That has not an AFM, an IM, 5K, 12K, OR an informed opinion.

Not sure what all that means but how in the world does AFM=IM?

#109 5 years ago

In the thread yesterday where a VERY nice one was offered in a straight up trade for an IM. This would suggest that the values are close to =, whatever that # happens to be. NIB IM's should be about 6K give or take. And please feel free to not PM me asking where to buy one for that price.

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wtt-nice-afm-for-iron-man

#110 5 years ago

From that thread,

"If its a nice Iron Man with powder coat and other mods. I'd consider a straight trade. Especially if I could get my Stark Industries Edition one back. Damn I miss that game!"

Also, he was asked if he would trade the AFM straight up for an NIB IM and his reply was...

"No I don't think so. As nice as it is nib. I do put value in the mods and upgrades that I will want to have done to Iron Man if they haven't been done already.
Its not hard to put $1000+ in mods in an Iron Man to get it where you want it."

So, it's not really a straight up trade offer. I'm not trying to nit pick. I just don't think the two games are on the same level, moneywise. Now, playwise..... possibly.

2 weeks later
Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
There are 111 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside