Topic Stats

• 111 posts
  • 49 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by tracelifter
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

P1010507.JPG

There are 111 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
#1 5 years ago

Wtf when did this pass mm for most expensive overrated game it's ok but it's definitely not a 12000 dollar game IMO anybody with me here?

#2 5 years ago

When MMr was announced...

#3 5 years ago

Personally I think AFM should have MM's price and vice-versa. AFM is more rare and a better game.

#4 5 years ago
Quoted from MinusWorlds:

When MMr was announced...

Owners getting worried I would assume.

#5 5 years ago

If they are going for that much, a remake is inevitable. Then I would just wait to pickup a new one for 8k in a year.

#6 5 years ago

AFM can be that high if its professionally restored Chrome etc..,

#7 5 years ago

Of the Holy Trinity, AFM was cheapest until the MMR crash.

A better question might be why is Cactus Canyon so much more than Champion Pub? (late Williams title, only a few hundred more made than CC)

#8 5 years ago

Playfield, Ramps, Artwork, Mods $$$$$$ it can add up.

#9 5 years ago

quite a few like AFM better than MM, I was curious why one over the other? Is it theme or does AFM play better?

#10 5 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Of the Holy Trinity, AFM was cheapest until the MMR crash.
A better question might be why is Cactus Canyon so much more than Champion Pub? (late Williams title, only a few hundred more made than CC)

AND CP is an awesome game and much more complete than CC...

#11 5 years ago

what $12K afm are you talking about, snowyetti? as of this posting, i don't see any machine you are referring to.

#12 5 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

300 units would seem like a a large gap between the games to me but just guessing. I remember seeing CP on location back then and def never saw a CC. Of course Pinball Magic is only 1200 and I never saw one of those till the other year.

#13 5 years ago
Quoted from davewtf:

what $12K afm are you talking about, snowyetti? as of this posting, i don't see any machine you are referring to.

http://user.xmission.com/~daina/classified/data/machines_for_sale_recent.html

Scroll down

#14 5 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

champion pub is absolutely abysmal in all possible ways. i owned one, briefly.

#15 5 years ago

I like AFM better than MM. Mostly because cheesy sci-fi is more up my alley than Monty Python humor.

The layout is very similar, just slightly shifted to the left and a caste instead of a saucer.

MM has much better mechs, since AFM was a "cost reduced" game. MM also has, I believe, deeper rules and more stacking opportunities.

I've heard CP is too shallow for home use and that's why it has a bad rap. Have only ever played it at shows.

#16 5 years ago

asking price/selling price are too different things. if you haven't seen a $12K afm before this, you haven't been watching the market for very long.

#17 5 years ago
Quoted from davewtf:

Champion Pub is absolutely abysmal in all possible ways. i owned one, briefly.

BLASPHEMY!

#18 5 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

I like AFM better than MM.
I've heard CP is too shallow for home use and that's why it has a bad rap. Have only ever played it at shows.

I think AFM feels much smoother than MM and prefer it more myself.

Never owned a CP but I could see it getting a little old at home. It has a lot going for it with betting points and the humor is top notch. Strange layout for sure.

#19 5 years ago
Quoted from davewtf:

Champion Pub is absolutely abysmal in all possible ways.

yet still better than TOM, Jackbot, & SS?

#20 5 years ago

ok, i take it back. It's at least mildly amusing but some of the toys get annoying (speed bag and jump rope) after awhile. I think CP is undervalued vs. CC.

#21 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

yet still better than TOM, Jackbot, & SS?

when i rate games, i answer each question truthfully. Those questions are not rated heavily enough to show a proper rating that reflects how i feel about any of those games. The most important criterion for me is "fun" and i would weight that at 90/100 pts. Pinside only allows 10.

#22 5 years ago
Quoted from davewtf:

ok, i take it back. It's at least mildly amusing but some of the toys get annoying (speed bag and jump rope) after awhile. I think CP is undervalued vs. CC.

Much better!!

#23 5 years ago

The days of crazy prices like that are sliding behind us a bit, but AFM is still not a cheap game. $12k...maybe professionally restored and decked out. This particular one looks like. But if I had to market-guess, I'd say it's closer to a $9-9500 game.

#24 5 years ago
Quoted from NJGecko:

The days of crazy prices like that are sliding behind us a bit, but AFM is still not a cheap game. $12k...maybe professionally restored and decked out. This particular one looks like. But if I had to market-guess, I'd say it's closer to a $9-9500 game.

Totally agree. I had a beautiful restored one offered to me for $10K. I passed...not because I didn't like it but it's not very high on my want list right now, and well, because $10K is lots of monies...

#25 5 years ago

6500 used to be the norm with stunning games right at 10. Anyone paying crazy high prices with chances of a remake in 3 years deserves what they get.

#26 5 years ago

Is the number produced for TAF on ipdb correct?

#27 5 years ago
Quoted from derek533:

Is the number produced for TAF on ipdb correct?

If it's 20K, yes.

#28 5 years ago
Quoted from Hwawonyu:

6500 used to be the norm with stunning games right at 10. Anyone paying crazy high prices with chances of a remake in 3 years deserves what they get.

the most i've seen is a proto freshly restored by HEP. It got $13.5 on ebay. Think it was a member here, also.

#29 5 years ago
Quoted from davewtf:

the most i've seen is a proto freshly restored by HEP. It got $13.5 on ebay. Think it was a member here, also.

One and a HEP.

#30 5 years ago

my bad. 12.5K

pre remake. ebay.com link

#31 5 years ago

12,500 on eBay
Another12,500 pinside market
And another 12,500 mr pinball
If you ask high prices for something long enough it seems it will be true.lmao rfm 10,000 by Christmas

#32 5 years ago
Quoted from davewtf:

when i rate games, i answer each question truthfully.

Yep I appreciate you doing that way. I know other people will answer and then amend their ratings to suit the list.

#33 5 years ago

I've had a routed MM since 2012. After buying several nice games and some NIB sterns, I decided to buy a high end restored AFM. It's my grail, no doubt. Theme for me is huge and the game is really fun to play. I know it's considered to likely be remade, but I'm very happy with my choice. I would much rather have this than a remake, but can't say that about my MM. Is really a personal taste. I think the remake MM is a great idea and I'm glad new people will get to experience the game.

I also really like Champion Pub. The one I have played most is the nicest I have seen. I'm sure that helps.

#34 5 years ago
Quoted from Snowyetti:

Wtf when did this pass mm for most expensive overrated game it's ok but it's definitely not a 12000 dollar game IMO anybody with me here?

I am. I would not even pay 4k for a really nice example. That game does not do much for me.

#35 5 years ago
Quoted from rai:

quite a few like AFM better than MM, I was curious why one over the other? Is it theme or does AFM play better?

For me personally its theme, I like Medieval stuff more then Alien stuff. Both great games.

#36 5 years ago
Quoted from PinballHelp:

Personally I think AFM should have MM's price and vice-versa. AFM is more rare and a better game.

AFM is a great game but let's face it AFM is stripped down compared to MM (the BOM on AFM is certainly less than MM) as for AFM being more rare... even after MMr was announced I still saw more AFM for sale than MM. As for which game is better... That is just personal preference.

#37 5 years ago

I think MM and AFM are both really excellent games. I'd be hard pressed to pick one over the other. A recent HEP restore of either is worth 10K to me easily. I don't see an AFM remake in the offing if only because you can still get a decent AFM for 7-7.5K . I'd remake CC and MB long before I'd remake AFM if for no other reason than more people seem to want 'em.

#38 5 years ago

AFM skyrocket prices have been one of the largest pump and dump schemes in Pinball.

I remember the day an idiot paid 8k on ebay for an AFM and suddenly everyone's was that much no matter how trashed it was within DAYS of that sale. They actually used that sale to say "mine's way better than the one on ebay!"

It's a pretty good game folks and that's it IMO. You can buy 3 better/newer games for 12k.

Time for a major reality check.

#39 5 years ago
Quoted from Hawkeyepin:

AFM is a pretty good game folks and that's it IMO.

The most accurate and important part of that statement is IMO, because all that is is your opinion.
Your opinion should certainly matter to you. The rest of us just shouldn't put much stock into it.

#40 5 years ago
Quoted from Hawkeyepin:

You can buy 3 better/newer games for 12k.

I'd sure like to know what they are. Because if this statement is true, I want those pins!

#41 5 years ago
Quoted from Hawkeyepin:

You can buy 3 better/newer games for 12k.

Ok, name 'em.

Quoted from RobT:

I'd sure like to know what they are. Because if this statement is true, I want those pins!

Me too.

#42 5 years ago

Cp is a fun game would own one again someday.

#43 5 years ago

AFM is an awesome game. I'd never pay $12k for it in a million years, but I wouldn't pay that for any pin, it's hardly a referendum on AFM. I frankly can't understand anyone paying it now, they were just recently a lot less, and a remake is about as certain as the next sunrise, so these listings seems like they're just gonna sit to me. Not my money though!

#44 5 years ago

I've long said that I do not feel the asking prices for AFM are any where near the prices the machine really sells for. People only see asking prices though.

All the people who claim it is a 10k game also claim they bought it years ago before it got super valuable. Find me someone who will admit to paying 10k+ for an AFM here on Pinside.

#45 5 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

I've long said that I do not feel the asking prices for AFM are any where near the prices the machine really sells for. People only see asking prices though.
All the people who claim it is a 10k game also claim they bought it years ago before it got super valuable. Find me someone who will admit to paying 10k+ for an AFM here on Pinside.

Seriously?

I know of 3 people personally who have more than $10k in an AFM that they either own now, or have in the past (not including posters on Pinside that I don't know personally). And if you want someone to raise their hand in terms of having more than $10k invested, I am waving my hand. Both of them actually.

#46 5 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

AFM is an awesome game. I'd never pay $12k for it in a million years,

Well, in a million years, $12k would be like finding a penny in the street

#47 5 years ago
Quoted from Snowyetti:

considering it was the econo line flagship of the b/w era, it was the cheapest game for them to make. Half the parts on it over any other game made. Reminds me of the BBH, IM, and RS era of Sterns. 12k is really reaching. 18 months ago, I think they would have got it.

#48 5 years ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

The most accurate and important part of that statement is IMO, because all that is is your opinion.Your opinion should certainly matter to you. The rest of us just shouldn't put much stock into it.

That's your opinion.

#49 5 years ago
Quoted from swf127:

Ok, name 'em.
Me too.

Go get yourself an ac/dc pro, Simpsons pinball party and heck...RBION... all are better to me.

#50 5 years ago
Quoted from Hawkeyepin:

Go get yourself an ac/dc pro, Simpsons Pinball Party and heck...RBION... all are better to me.

Wow, then our taste in pins is totally different. I've played all three and none of them hold a candle to AFM for me. AC/DC Premium is awesome but the pro doesn't have the TNT drop targets. The drops suck up a little of the ball's energy and slow the game down just a hair. Net result is I find the Premium awesome but the Pro crappy. (Weird, I know).

Glad we don't all like the same stuff or we'd be totally boned.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 30.00
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits
There are 111 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside