Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1542 (resized).JPG
IMG_1543 (resized).JPG
IMG_1541 (resized).JPG
plastered (resized).jpg
17191835_10155077404754244_8188606936460016704_o (resized).jpg

There are 94 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 7 years ago

Ridiculous compared to today's "talent". Start watching at 13:00.

#52 7 years ago
Quoted from BackFlipper:

I would rank my Music Pins 1) Metallica 2)AC/DC 3)GNR 4)Aerosmith 5)Rob Zombie LE

Thanks for the info, and awesome line up man.

#53 7 years ago
Quoted from Kawydud:

Add it to the turd collection.

Thanks for the elaboration, and adequate explanation of what you don't like about it.

#54 7 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

Thanks for the elaboration, and adequate explanation of what you don't like about it.

Inside joke with Gusphan, Aerosmith is a good pin.

#55 7 years ago

I'm going to say words that have never been uttered on Pinside:

I haven't played it yet, so I have no valid opinion about the machine right now.

#56 7 years ago
Quoted from Kawydud:

Inside joke with Gusphan, Aerosmith is a good pin.

Gotcha.

Quoted from beelzeboob:

I'm going to say words that have never been uttered on Pinside:
I haven't played it yet, so I have no valid opinion about the machine right now.

Good to see you back more often beelze...it's a valid opinion. Even just from the outside looking in right now, the art seems a little purple and busy for me, but I think it might look better in person.

#57 7 years ago

I love AC/DC and was into Metallica growing up...and I love the pins - they're fantastic examples of design and code working perfectly together. I used to have Tommy - it's my favorite DE game and a cool music pin. I also had GnR, which is pretty good, if not a little simplistic. Elvis is underrated...a nicely shopped/dialed-in Elvis plays great and is a lot of fun. Rolling Stones gets shit on, but it's actually really fun. Its rules are similar to Iron Man/Avatar/Tron...and everyone likes those. I didn't really like Kiss that much...the toys don't amount to anything and the rules seemed uninspired. Aerosmith doesn't really interest me as I don't really like the band...but I'll play it on location one day.

#58 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I love AC/DC and was into Metallica growing up...and I love the pins - they're fantastic examples of design and code working perfectly together. I used to have Tommy - it's my favorite DE game and a cool music pin. I also had GnR, which is pretty good, if not a little simplistic. Elvis is underrated...a nicely shopped/dialed-in Elvis plays great and is a lot of fun. Rolling Stones gets shit on, but it's actually really fun. Its rules are similar to Iron Man/Avatar/Tron...and everyone likes those. I didn't really like Kiss that much...the toys don't amount to anything and the rules seemed uninspired. Aerosmith doesn't really interest me as I don't really like the band...but I'll play it on location one day.

I totally agree with this, the stones is a very underrated machine and while simple is very fast and difficult to complete.
There is a ton of music on the machine so it doesn't really get repetitive. Can put your favorite stones tunes on it easy enough with pinball browser and doesn't affect play as there isn't any specific song related inserts etc... on playfield.

As someone said earlier, if you actually like the band/music it helps over come short comings of the playfield.

Everyone pisses and moans about the Mick on a stick always getting in the way. Well, that is sort of the point! Fast game and you have to time your shots correctly and actually make them or Mick bitch slaps you.

#59 7 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Everyone pisses and moans about the Mick on a stick always getting in the way. Well, that is sort of the point! Fast game and you have to time your shots correctly and actually make them or Mick bitch slaps you.

Most people complained that it looked cheap...and it does...but, as far as functionality goes - it's a fun toy. It's satisfying to hit, his movement is well programmed, and the ball bouncing off him from the front or back really randomizes gameplay and keeps things from ever being too predictable.

#60 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Most people complained that it looked cheap...and it does...but, as far as functionality goes - it's a fun toy. It's satisfying to hit, his movement is well programmed, and the ball bouncing off him from the front or back really randomizes gameplay and keeps things from ever being too predictable.

Yeah - it kinds of reminds me of Mick's behavior live on stage, all over the place and random. If I had to bet that is exactly why it is in the game and behaves the way it does.

#61 7 years ago

I like the flow on KISS so if Aerosmith shoots similar I am pretty keen.

Code, price and QC are bigger issues though.

Probably wait until code fleshed out before making decision.

#62 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Rolling Stones gets shit on, but it's actually really fun. Its rules are similar to Iron Man/Avatar/Tron...and everyone likes those.

No.. everyone does NOT like Avatar; it's generally considered one of Stern's worst pins in recent memory. RS rules are OK but unlike IM and Tron, it has a shitty playfield and shitty toy that keeps getting in your way.

Quoted from Psw757:

Timing toys can be fun but not when it's just a simple target swinging all over the playfield all the time. MB got it right - Drac only comes out during certain modes. Games with "crap in the way" tend not to be liked as well (I'm looking at you, CBW)

#63 7 years ago

I played a couple games on one last night. I will say it was better than expected.

A couple things I did not like about it...a TON of reject. About 60-70% of the lock shots were rejects. The best way to lock the ball was if it randomly bounced into the lock.

The CIU Scoop is soooo close...that you get a ton of reject from that shot also. It about the same distance as MET..but MET is on a much wider angle and seems to reject a lot less

I also had a good amount of rejects from the elevator

I'm sure that stuff can be calmed down a bit.

The rules were very Kiss like from what I learned in 2 games.

I do think the artwork fits the theme very nicely. The lock feature in the attic is a nice touch

#64 7 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

No.. everyone does NOT like Avatar; it's generally considered one of Stern's worst pins in recent memory

Remember, metaliks opinion is the only one that matters here. Anything to the contrary is completely wrong.

#65 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Remember, metaliks opinion is the only one that matters here. Anything to the contrary is completely wrong.

Man the "negativity police" are in full force today!

He's right, Avatar sucks. And my opinion matters more than his.

As far as Aero? haven't played it! When the hell is one gonna show up around here? I'd rank them behind AC/DC and ahead of KISS as far as music. I mean, they are kinda even, but the original recordings on the pinball bump 'em ahead of the crappy old man redos on the KISS pin.

#66 7 years ago

On the plus side if you don't like the music you can swap them out for songs that you like with pinball browser. The problem is that you can't get rid of the band members on the playfield. I just wish Stern would release at least one version ,a premium maybe without the band for every music pin they release. That way if the game is fun but you don't like the band you can still grab it. There are lessons to be learned from the AC/DC Luci edition and how it may be the only premium worth as much as the LE.

#67 7 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Man the "negativity police" are in full force today!

I see that. If everybody would let each individual share his opinion without insulting them, it would make for a much better place.

#68 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

And don't you forget it! Now why don't you go watch those Lucy re-runs you dutifully recorded on the ol' Betamax??

#69 7 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

He's right, Avatar sucks. And my opinion matters more than his.

Only when I agree with it But yea.. Avaturd...

Quoted from CrazyLevi:

As far as Aero? haven't played it! When the hell is one gonna show up around here? I'd rank them behind AC/DC and ahead of KISS as far as music. I mean, they are kinda even, but the original recordings on the pinball bump 'em ahead of the crappy old man redos on the KISS pin.

Oh yea I forgot about the re-dos on Kiss. Speaking of songs, one thing about Aerosmith that was interesting, it does NOT seem to restart the song at end of ball, so all of you bad players who never got to hear the 2nd verse of anything on Met can take solace..

#70 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

it would make for a much better place.

People can share their opinions. The people that make antagonistic comments should expect a sarcastic or likewise reply. The people that constantly post negative comments should expect criticism. The drama on this site is getting so redundant and cyclical, and all I said is I don't want it cluttering up this thread I created. You and I get along for the most part on here, and I appreciate what you have posted about music and pins today. Let's just skip the crap, and keep it on line with music pin related stuff and discussion that I created it for, not some back and forth with a specific member or some type of pissing match.

#71 7 years ago

I'm not a fan of Avatar myself but I'm sure there is somebody offended.

#72 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I'm not a fan of Avatar myself but I'm sure there is somebody offended.

It's a shame really....nice 3-D backglass and attractive game. I can agree not all that exciting to play. Which issues are everyone chiming in about on Kiss that Aerosmith supposedly recitifed? Code issues?

#73 7 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

The drama on this site is getting so redundant and cyclical, and all I said is I don't want it cluttering up this thread I created

Well, to be fair, if the same thread theme keeps popping up over and over again, you might expect some of the same responses. And in this case, I think I toned mine down a bit.

Those that call out people for being negative might want to look at some of the redundancy in some of their own posts before throwing stones.

#74 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Those that call out people for being negative might want to look at some of the redundancy in some of their own posts before throwing stones.

Stern and their game quality is practically the only thing I'm ever negative about, and it did cost me money, so deservedly so. I'm hoping Aerosmith will not have issues similar to GB or BM66. Where the hell is Whysnow? LOL

#75 7 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

It's a shame really....nice 3-D backglass and attractive game. I can agree not all that exciting to play. Which issues are everyone chiming in about on Kiss that Aerosmith supposedly recitifed?

One improvement: Gene head toy on Kiss was lame, looked bad and threw the ball SDTM too often. Toybox toy on Aerosmith is much better to watch and not as dangerous, although its use in multiplayer/tournament games could become interesting with lock stealing.

Kiss has lack of rule depth, but Aerosmith isn't far enough along software-wise to really compare yet. Same guy programming so we'll have to wait and see.

#76 7 years ago

Ironic. My buddy, who got into the hobby only about 3 months ago, just texted me that he picked up a Bally Kiss for $350. Missing the backglass, but still a great friggin deal. Cabinet and playfield appear to be at least a 9 from the pics. Once you've been in the hobby for a while, you never find deals like that again.

#77 7 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

Stern and their game quality is practically the only thing I'm ever negative about, and it did cost me money, so deservedly so.

The only thing I have a problem with on this site is those that think they can be in charge of what other people say and calling them trolls just for the sake of trying to raise their own self esteem.

I didn't feel that here though. I got so many responses from my initial post that I figured they just wanted me to hang around and hear more of what I had to say.

#78 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

The only thing I have a problem with on this site is those that think they can be in charge of what other people say and calling them trolls just for the sake of trying to raise their own self esteem.

Dude you trolled his post with your unhelpful comment (that you admit to spamming to every band thread) You've managed to post in his thread 14 times now and STILL haven't offered any opinion on Aerosmith. And yea, if you're going to CONSTANTLY rip on Stern for making "old music" pins while simultaneously buying and gushing praise on an "old TV" pin, you're gonna get called a hypocrite.

Back to Aerosmith - has anyone found out how it will handle lock stealing? I know it keeps the lid shut if (player lock number <= balls in box), but what if p1 loads 5 balls, p2 virtually locks 2 and executes MB on lock 3? Does the game use an 8-ball trough and keep 2 spare to autolaunch, or do they get freebies from the toybox? If so, what if P2 defers and executes MB on lock 4? They should get 4 balls but 5 are in the box... Or does the game simply not lock more than 3 in the box during multiplayer games?

#79 7 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

Why don't they make a Slipknot pin??? That would be awesome, but I'm sure the market would be a little limited. Maybe a Korn pin?

Five Finger Death Punch/Hollywood Undead/Seether/Avenge Sevenfold combo pin...

#80 7 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

Any thoughts on any music pins would be appreciated.

Music in pins for me is about moments. I will never buy or reject a pin on the basis of which band is its theme. The gameplay always comes first. But, when the music fits the moment just right, it can suddenly be ALL about the music.
Case in point..I knew average about Metallica when the pin came out. I had experienced what the mainstream had brought me, ES, SBT, those sorts of songs. I was into the game rather than the theme. But, after one the later code updates I noticed that ECMB would alternate the backing music and the one with all the guitar solo was far better (see, I STILL don't know which of the two it is, haha, maybe RTL?). The more I played, the more I hankered for that to be the one that played. Then I found out you could set it. Now, THE moment in Metallica for me is when I can get the machine just blowing up with that music playing, and lights everywhere, and jackpots everywhere and THAT music playing.
What happens in the rest of the game comes and goes but that particular segment is totally defined by the music.

#81 7 years ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

Five Finger Death Punch/Hollywood Undead/Seether/Avenge Sevenfold combo pin...

IMO you do NOT want the music on a pin to be too fast of a tempo. You would think it would be an awesome fit - but it's not. I swapped songs on Metallica, and the really fast, double bass metal songs were no good. They actually made the game feel like it was playing too slow, because the ball speed couldn't keep up with the tempo of the song. Too slow songs aren't good either IMO, like some of the original MET songs. The best fit was driving hard rock or non-speed metal - again IMO. AC/DC tempo songs or a little faster work well - some WASP songs worked out great. Aerosmith song tempos should work out great - although I do like extended instrumentals which the WASP songs have.

#83 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I see that. If everybody would let each individual share his opinion without insulting them, it would make for a much better place.

Quoted from o-din:Deleted post

#84 7 years ago

I give you that one Kramer, the dude just won't let it go. But don't expect me to be attacked and not fight back.

But I'm outta here. I got better things to do than explain myself to fools.

Later!

#85 7 years ago

I'll never understand why people are so protective of "these threads I've created."

It's not like you made a baby.

For me, any successful thread is one people participate in.

#86 7 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

Dude you trolled his post with your unhelpful comment (that you admit to spamming to every band thread) You've managed to post in his thread 14 times now and STILL haven't offered any opinion on Aerosmith. And yea, if you're going to CONSTANTLY rip on Stern for making "old music" pins while simultaneously buying and gushing praise on an "old TV" pin, you're gonna get called a hypocrite.
Back to Aerosmith - has anyone found out how it will handle lock stealing? I know it keeps the lid shut if (player lock number <= balls in box), but what if p1 loads 5 balls, p2 virtually locks 2 and executes MB on lock 3? Does the game use an 8-ball trough and keep 2 spare to autolaunch, or do they get freebies from the toybox? If so, what if P2 defers and executes MB on lock 4? They should get 4 balls but 5 are in the box... Or does the game simply not lock more than 3 in the box during multiplayer games?

Based on the current code at our local arcade, the following happens.

P1: Locks 4 balls but does not activate multiball on ball one before draining.
P2: Locks 2 balls, but the code prevents the balls from being added to the toy box. Player drains.

P1: Locks fifth ball in the toy box, but does not activate multiball
P2: Locks third ball. Activates multiball. Toy box spills all five balls. Player gets a 5 ball multiball while code treats it as a 3 ball multiball for jackpots and such. Drains without reloading the toy box.

P1: Locks sixth ball into toy box. 1 ball spills out of Toy box. Five balls are launched into play. Code treats it as 6 ball Multiball for jackpots and such. Drains.
P2: Locks three balls, with all three being deposited into the toy box. Does not activate multiball. Starts Elevator Multiball. All balls spill out of toy box. After Elevator ends,locks 4th, 5th & 6th ball. Activates multiball. Three balls spill out of toy box. Three more balls get launched into play.

The code currently prevents a player from adding more balls into the Toy box until the balls in the toy are equal to max number of locked balls by either player. So if P1 has 3 balls locked, P2 cannot add a ball into the toy box until the 4th lock.

Hope this is clear.

Marcus

#87 7 years ago
Quoted from Xerico:

Marcus

Interesting, so one can indeed gain extra balls in a multiplayer game, just not the associated scoring. What I find more interesting is how a player can, in a single player game, pump up an Elevator MB by loading up the toybox and then starting elevator.. you get a 6 ball elevator, and can then turn around and start a 6 ball toybox multiball anyway. Three free balls on the playfield.. is it worth setting up that sequence for? What if there's an operator adjustment that restricts toybox MB to whatever's in the box at the time (assuming the player got at least 2 locks earlier at some point) .. would make both SP and multiplayer games pretty cutthroat..

#88 7 years ago

I like the game acdc but never liked any of the versions until Lucy.

I want the Lucy.

#89 7 years ago
Quoted from Xerico:

Interesting. Thanks for the info Xerico. So it seems like current code does (essentially) track balls locked by P1, P2, etc. Odd that it will kick out 5 balls for multiball but only credit 3 for jackpots, etc. I'll have to get out and play one. Pinball Gallery is having a launch party on 3/19, so hopefully I can make it up there and flip theirs for at least a couple games.

#90 7 years ago
Quoted from Azmodeus:

I like the game acdc but never liked any of the versions until Lucy.
I want the Lucy.

I think I mentioned above, we had a NIB Luci at the shop last year, held onto it for quite a while and threw a ton of games up on it. Ours was modded to the brim, and play was sweet on it. Out of all the versions of AC/DC, Luci definitely is the most attractive with the best art, especially the cab. A shame they didn't make more of them.

#91 7 years ago

Just got my Aerosmith Pro this weekend, I'm liking it a lot so far. I also have a Met Pro and probably will hold onto it for a long time.

IMG_1541 (resized).JPGIMG_1541 (resized).JPG
IMG_1543 (resized).JPGIMG_1543 (resized).JPG
IMG_1542 (resized).JPGIMG_1542 (resized).JPG

#92 7 years ago

I got to put a couple plays on it the other day; it plays great and I'd say it's Metallica killer counterpart and both games play better then AC DC

#93 7 years ago

#kiss has potential to be great. There is a lot to do now and the cities don't yet have a purpose. I enjoy playing #tommy because there are a lot of modes, two important shots for the side flipper.

I won't consider Aerosmith until I play it. Metallica (Pro) and #acdc are both great imo. Love the ability to light and collect stuff for crank it up at the ramps and loops on Metallica (Pro)

#94 7 years ago
Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

KISS has potential to be great. There is a lot to do now and the cities don't yet have a purpose.

Right. Do not be so quick to overlook KISS. The art is great, the sound quality is fantastic, the live tour theme works well for the band and the songs chosen. On top of that the game shoots and flows really well. It seems the consensus is to crap on it for the game code, but most of it I think taken as an opportunity to take a swipe at Stern and/or specific coders. There are legitimate gripes about bugs and a need for filling in some cracks, but really it is in pretty good shape. Watch the PAPApinball tutorial to get an idea.

The current negative sentiment helps drive demand and prices down quite a bit. Perfect time to buy a lightly used game. Even as a casual fan of the band, I have really enjoyed playing mine for the past 9 months.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Machine - For Sale
Terre Haute, IN
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
There are 94 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aerosmithgreat-game-or-flop-band-pin-opinions-wanted/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.