Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1542 (resized).JPG
IMG_1543 (resized).JPG
IMG_1541 (resized).JPG
plastered (resized).jpg
17191835_10155077404754244_8188606936460016704_o (resized).jpg

There are 94 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 7 years ago

Planning on grabbing a few music pins. Been a musician since age 9, mainly drums and guitar, so I can't believe I've waited this long. I've played a ton of them over the last few years, just never picked one up for the personal line up. Why don't they make a Slipknot pin??? That would be awesome, but I'm sure the market would be a little limited. Maybe a Korn pin? (with music only up through Follow the Leader, please). A little more pleasant on the ears than the Knot for some people. Personally, I use a lot of double bass when I play, so to each their own. Dyer's Eve or Blackened over The Unforgiven or Enter Sandman? Definitely.

Had a NIB Luci at our shop previously, and although that game was modded to the brim with a monstrous remote sub and nothing left to tap other than the service outlet, I've just never been big on AC/DC and the music just didn't do it for me. Great game though, and I enjoyed playing it during the time we had it. Not overly huge on Kiss either, although that game is very attractive aesthetically, and I've heard gameplay is difficult and challenging.

Met Pro or LE is already a given, and I'm probably going NIB on that. So many nice Pro's that are heavily modded out there, but the prices seem to be practically that of a NIB. If I can find a nice modded Pro for a decent price, I'll be all over it. Missed out on a few in the last couple months, but now I'm eager.

Considering Aerosmith as a second, but videos I'm seeing other than Dead Flip's leave a little to be desired. Anybody play one yet? Gameplay good, audio? Anything bad about it? Any thoughts on any music pins would be appreciated.

#2 7 years ago

So far i think Aerosmith pro has some decent rules I like how you get to love in an elevator multiball by shooting the orbits. The toy box is probably one of the collest toys in recent pinball. But the games does feel really similar to kiss when you play it and I enjoy both so I would choose whichever theme you like more or your personal preference of rules and gameplay. Metallica is great. I think AC DC is great but I understand if you don't like the theme. Elvis is also another fun music game that I enjoy with good rules and good music. Alek.

#3 7 years ago

There is a launch party in PA soon for Areosmith, if its close to you go check it out.

17191835_10155077404754244_8188606936460016704_o (resized).jpg17191835_10155077404754244_8188606936460016704_o (resized).jpg

#4 7 years ago

Thanks for the input Alek, duly noted. Hope you and the family are well. Make sure you're using that Pinball Armor!! Hahaha

Quoted from InfiniteLives:

There is a launch party in PA soon for Areosmith, if its close to you go check it out.

I've been there and it's reasonably close. Thanks for the heads up and flyer.

#5 7 years ago

I had a KISS and it by far lasted the least of any of my sterns. Met pro is the way to go!

#6 7 years ago

I played it last night for the first time and was impressed. The game looks beautiful IMHO. I personally like the art better than MET. And the screen animations were pretty damn cool.

If the rules are up to snuff, I'm going to buy the game (and I'm not even an Aerosmith fan).

#7 7 years ago
Quoted from NickBuffaloPinball:

personally like the art better than MET. And the screen animations were pretty damn cool.

Art is really colorful and screen animations (at least what I saw on DF's stream) were definitely cool. Multiball toy box also seems like a cool idea and different from many recent mechs. Hopefully it's more resilient than the treasure chest on TOM. It seems like it more or less lifts like the Thing mech on TAF or the organ entrance on POTO, which on my game has held up very well.

#8 7 years ago

Every time they release a pinball themed after a band I haven't followed in 30-40 years, it saves me a lot of money.

#9 7 years ago

Ahh but a TV show you haven't watched in 50 years is ok? Some people gravitate to bands of the past. Lots of memories....

Quoted from o-din:

Every time they release a pinball themed after a band I haven't followed in 30-40 years, it saves me a lot of money.

#10 7 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Ahh but a TV show you haven't watched in 50 years is ok?

Wrong. I've been watching Batman every Saturday night on MeTV. Next.....

#11 7 years ago

I am a music pin guy too... see my lineup

Metallica - a must have!
AC DC - great game -- get it at a decent price play it and have fun - you wont loose out when you resell it (its popular)
KISS -- fun.. simple really... to me not much going on.. if it were not KISS music and all.. I would say its a no go! BUT the sound system and choice of songs is just a RIP!!!!
GNR - great game - fun wont get rid of but you cant play GNR after Metallica - B-O-R-I-N-G!!! ha
Heavy metal meltdown- what a gasssss! the 1980's eddie van halen finger solos as you hit certain shots.. ha - I have mine decked out!
Elvis -- what a fun game.. have mine for sale but I know I will miss it when its gone
Al's garage band- iconic game - had it for years.. and parted with it.. unique to say the least but amongst my lineup it didn't hold mustard!
Aerosmith - on the way.. my long term guess is a fun game but I bet it lacks the "pinballer person test" but the music guy will love it - the color display I cant wait

The only one I have been incue with to get and waiting and waiting is IRON MAIDEN -- the art is limitless!! the music rocks.. EDDIE as the main theme.. and well We'll see.. I will have to dump one of my A titles to make space/$ for that if it comes out!!!!

does this help? I don't know.. call it my quick music pin review, HA

#12 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I was waiting all morning for you to chime in Odiner!! LOL. And get the fudge out of here...you're telling me that when you're on a long pin trip and Dream On comes on the radio you're not signing along and trying to hit that high note??? If so, you're lying.

#13 7 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

get the fudge out of here...you're telling me that when you're on a long pin trip and Dream On comes on the radio you're not signing along and trying to hit that high note??? If so, you're lying

Hey you asked for opinions and I gave you mine. I don't listen to radio stations that play Dream On anymore.

#14 7 years ago

Aerosmith costs 12.000 euro in the netherlands,i have to draw a line somewhere.
I drive a super awesome mercedes c-class for 12k..
It's not funny anymore.
Don't care anymore.
Gonna buy an old bally...

#15 7 years ago
Quoted from pinnaf:

The only one I have been incue with to get and waiting and waiting is IRON MAIDEN -- the art is limitless!! the music rocks.. EDDIE as the main theme.. and well We'll see.. I will have to dump one of my A titles to make space/$ for that if it comes out!!!!
does this help? I don't know.. call it my quick music pin review, HA

Definitely helps. Thanks for the post. I've been following the guy's thread that rethemed the Rolling Stones to the Life After Death Maiden pin...that thing looks friggin awesome. I'm definitely in line for a Maiden pin when it comes out...I had their posters all over my room in junior high.

#16 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Hey you asked for opinions and I gave you mine. I don't listen to radio stations that play Dream On anymore.

It's ok man......just dream until your dreams come true...bump bump...bump bump...bump bump da da da da da. LOL.

#17 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Same goes for the pins based on 50 year old TV shows. I have one (TZ) and certainly don't need any more.

To OP: Rob Zombie is another good music pin - give it a shot.

#18 7 years ago

You guys can go ahead and give me shit for watching a 50 year old tv show that many episodes I am now seeing for only the first or second time, but understand I've heard these bands songs hundreds or even thousands of times.

Music wise I left the 70s behind a long time ago. Once every year or two I will break out the old CD if I'm high enough. Everybody has a right to be into what they are into, but should not tell others what they should be into.

#19 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Music wise I left the 70s behind a long time ago. Once every year or two I will break out the old CD if I'm high enough. Everybody has a right to be into what they are into, but should not tell others what they should be into.

Damn straight...fire it up!!!

I don't think anybody here is doing that (telling you what you should or shouldn't do)...and you know I'm always open for opinions, good or bad. Just don't want drama in this thread. If somebody wants to chime in and say they hope Stern's next game is a Cindi Lauper pin...not my cup of tea, but good for them. They can She Bop all they want. Even that guy that rethemed the Rolling Stones pin into the No Doubt pin gets a ton of street credit in my book..their music to me is eh or ok, but he put a lot of friggin work into that pin, did it right, and it's looks great.

#20 7 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

To OP: Rob Zombie is another good music pin - give it a shot.

I heard the sound / audio was great and I do like the art, but also heard the pin was just "ok". In your opinion it's a good player? I've seen some in the marketplace, as if people that just received them were listing them for sale already, and at decent prices.

#21 7 years ago

From everything you said (and specifically that you want multiple music pins) - Get Metallica, Aerosmith and Iron Maiden when it comes out (assuming it's any good) - you will be happy

#22 7 years ago

Buy metallica + twd 2 huge games And do like me on Aerosmith Wait For The Code !!

Love And grew up with Aerosmith but if code ain't good I ain't buying

#23 7 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

I don't think anybody here is doing that (telling you what you should or shouldn't do)...and you know I'm always open for opinions, good or bad. Just don't want drama in this thread.

Just to be straight here, I was a teenager in the 70s and listened to more of this stuff than you can imagine. 80s metal too. Went to all the shows. We already had a revival of all that in the 90s. Now I listen to music mostly from the last 20 years when the new alternative wave started.

#24 7 years ago
Quoted from thunderking50:

Buy metallica + twd 2 huge games And do like me on Aerosmith Wait For The Code !!
Love And grew up with Aerosmith but if code ain't good I ain't buying

Yeah, I'm all about horror pins but think TWD would freak my daughter out. I've had a few of them at the shop on trade and I've played it a ton, but she won't even go near it.

It seemed like the code on Aero was pretty decent from DF's stream. But if the code is anything like BM66, I would definitely hold off for a while.

#25 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Everybody has a right to be into what they are into, but should not tell others what they should be into.

Exactly. So your constant "old man band" jokes will cease whenever anyone mentions ACDC or Metallica pins? Because otherwise you're coming off as quite the hypocrite.

#26 7 years ago

I can't wait to see what Odin has to say when they release an iron maiden pin

#27 7 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

So your constant "old man band" jokes will cease whenever anyone mentions ACDC or Metallica pins?

Did I say old man bands in this thread? I stopped that months ago. All I said is bands I haven't followed in 30-40 years. The only drama here is those giving me shit about it.

#28 7 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

I heard the sound / audio was great and I do like the art, but also heard the pin was just "ok". In your opinion it's a good player? I've seen some in the marketplace, as if people that just received them were listing them for sale already, and at decent prices.

It can BE a great player, once the software is overhauled and rules/scoring are balanced. Lots of originality but too many bugs and scoring exploits to be able to use it in league or tournament yet. Hoping Fawzma is done with Dominoes and Jetsons and can give Zombie some love and attention...

#29 7 years ago

I think when it comes to music pins it's really hit or miss. If you like the band you will be more inclined to forgive the layout of the pin and vice versa. Aerosmith as a band doesn't do anything for me so it becomes difficult to justify picking up a NIB. I will wait for the next one.

#30 7 years ago

I've put about a dozen games on Aerosmith, and I have to say I enjoyed it a LOT more than I thought I would. The theme doesn't really do much for me, but it's fun to shoot, has really nice artwork, a cool toy, and the code seemed fairly polished. Plus, the new LCD monitor really stands out. I still prefer Metallica, but Aerosmith would be second and then ACDC Prem and finally KISS.

#31 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Just to be straight here, I was a teenager in the 70s and listened to more of this stuff than you can imagine. 80s metal too. Went to all the shows. We already had a revival of all that in the 90s. Now I listen to music mostly from the last 20 years when the new alternative wave started.

Really? I listen to just about everything, well, except for country. That all sounds the same to me. I can listen to Mozart's Requiem and then jump to Lamb of God.

But I gotta say...as a musician, so much music from the last 10 years just isn't great, or just sucks. The bands play generic power chords, and the composition just is tweeny bopper. Most drummers these days couldn't hold a candle to Neal Peart or Danny Carey, and most guitarists can't hold a candle to Dimebag Darrell or Eddie Van Halen. And if I have to endure people like Taylor Swift and Miley Cyrus being "the top" of the bunch...well, that says it all. When I listen to the radio these days, which is extremely rare, I want to open the door and jump out of the car.

#32 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Quoted from o-din:

Did I say old man bands in this thread? I stopped that months ago. All I said is bands I haven't followed in 30-40 years. The only drama here is those giving me shit about it.

Your first comment was unnecessary and, combined with your love of even older television crap, will definitely result in shit being directed your way. Protip: don't make the snarky comments and no shit will head your direction.

#33 7 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

Your first comment was unnecessary and, combined with your love of even older television crap, will definitely result in shit being directed your way. Protip: don't make the snarky comments and no shit will head your direction.

he is simply saying he is not into 30-40 year old bands.

#34 7 years ago

that he hasnt followed

#35 7 years ago

Aerosmith's music is annoying to me, but I'm interested in the pin. It looks fun to shoot, and it seems to right a lot of wrongs that KISS threw out there.

Edit: o-din plays the peanut gallery role in about 95% of threads on Pinside. Maybe more. This is just another one of those threads.

#36 7 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

Aerosmith's music is annoying to me, but I'm interested in the pin. It looks fun to shoot, and it seems to right a lot of wrongs that KISS threw out there.

It's definitely a kiss style rulesheet (start modes, shoot the arrows) more than a metallica style rulesheet (start and stack various features). The two-stage modes hopefully add depth and strategy.. Kiss was pretty plain.

#37 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Quoted from metallik:

Now now boys...remember the "be nice" thread. LOL. Say what you need to, just don't junk this thread up with a lot of back and forth. It would be appreciated.

#38 7 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

It's definitely a kiss style rulesheet (start modes, shoot the arrows) more than a metallica style rulesheet (start and stack various features). The two-stage modes hopefully add depth and strategy.. Kiss was pretty plain.

That's about what I've heard, just never played a Kiss before.

#39 7 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

Your first comment was unnecessary

In a thread titled band opinions wanted. You guys are too much. lol.

#40 7 years ago

Musically Aerosmith music is way better then kiss and acdc which is just commercial and all sounds the same and the best part is they used old school Aerosmith

#41 7 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

That's about what I've heard, just never played a Kiss before.

I've tried to like that game but it just doesn't do anything for me. Aerosmith is a chance at redemption for L Ropp in my eyes - he has a good Borg layout and the best Pro toy since Sparky. I'm just over the whole mode-based game thing lately.. tired of STLE, not really into GOT. I'm finding games like TWD where you just play and start features as you go to be more fun and unpredictable. I actually managed to start Horde before my first well walker MB last week... games that can be that variable are great IMHO.

#42 7 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

Yeah, I'm all about horror pins but think TWD would freak my daughter out. I've had a few of them at the shop on trade and I've played it a ton, but she won't even go near it.
It seemed like the code on Aero was pretty decent from DF's stream. But if the code is anything like BM66, I would definitely hold off for a while.

I have to calm myself on AS and wait a few months to see the code but love the art and the Light show is awesome

I understand for TWD it's a little rough for kids that's for sure

#43 7 years ago

Yeah the toy box looks awesome

#44 7 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

My Rob Zombie is on location. The league and casual players all love it. Fairly simple layout. Very fun. Great multiball. Great modes. Great call outs. Cabinet ad back glass are stunning. Real back glass stock. Flipper Fidelity speakers w/big woofer and amplifier stock. Color display stock. Low production. A no-brainer buy of you ask me. And so is Metallica if you don't already have one.

#45 7 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

Aerosmith's music is annoying to me, but I'm interested in the pin.

LOL - There are so many posts constantly repeating "I don't like Aerosmith".
Can we move past the anti-Aerosmith peer pressure to make sure everyone knows your PC?

If the music really does annoy you, why would you even consider it?

#46 7 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

Edit: o-din plays the peanut gallery role in about 95% of threads on Pinside. Maybe more. This is just another one of those threads

I've been listening to Aerosmith for over 40 years now. My all time favorite band! Every morning I wake up to Same Old Song and Dance and go to bed at night listening to Dream On! Livin' the dream I am...

plastered (resized).jpgplastered (resized).jpg

#47 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I've been listening to Aerosmith for over 40 years now. My all time favorite band! Every morning I wake up to Same Old Song and Dance and go to bed at night listening to Dream On! Livin' the dream I am...

Don't you mean "Livin' on the Edge"?

#48 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

In a thread titled band opinions wanted. You guys are too much.

Just to correct, the title of the thread is actually "Band PIN opinions wanted"

Quoted from metallik:

I'm finding games like TWD where you just play and start features as you go to be more fun and unpredictable. I actually managed to start Horde before my first well walker MB last week... games that can be that variable are great IMHO.

Thanks for all the insight and info Metallik.

Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

Real back glass stock. Flipper Fidelity speakers w/big woofer and amplifier stock. Color display stock. Low production.

Real backglass? That's a relief in the age of translites. Even with the risk of flaking / breaking, etc., I still like glasses way more than translites. I had talked to Kayte over at Spooky to reserve a RZSI for the store (which would eventually come home with me), but was on the fence. You may be convincing me otherwise. Spooky games definitely have awesome audio systems, which I would almost expect given Rob Z's involvement with the company.

#49 7 years ago

Aerosmith is everything I wanted KISS to be and a little bit more. The early code is solid (I am running 1.0). I own currently, or have previously owned, every single music pin worth having. The art, shots, layout, Animations, lighting, modes, sound (It needs an external sub) and speed will make it a top 3 music pin IMO. I purchased a PRO, have played it for a week, and it is the only game I am currently playing in my collection. Last time I did this was for TWD. My 2 cents. Jim

PS- I would rank my Music Pins 1) Metallica 2)AC/DC 3)GNR 4)Aerosmith 5)Rob Zombie LE

#50 7 years ago
Quoted from NickBuffaloPinball:

I played it last night for the first time and was impressed. The game looks beautiful IMHO. I personally like the art better than MET. And the screen animations were pretty damn cool.
If the rules are up to snuff, I'm going to buy the game (and I'm not even an Aerosmith fan).

Add it to the turd collection.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 7.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
There are 94 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aerosmithgreat-game-or-flop-band-pin-opinions-wanted and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.