Topic Stats

• 14 posts
  • 11 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Gunnut40
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 1 year ago

Recently played an Aerosmith Pro at a local arcade. Grew up in the 80’s so I was a big fan of the band. Game was really fun, but not over the top. I love the band games, so I checked the market. Holy crap!!! I didn’t realize they were made from gold. Is this game ONLY owned by millionaire collectors who never play them? Sheesh!

#2 1 year ago

the ones ive seen are below nib prices now.

#3 1 year ago

It seems like this title has gone up more than others but player sentiment hasn't changed. I liked it for pre covid pricing.

#4 1 year ago

It's the best looking of all the Band themes, it's fun to play, and band games ALWAYS hold their value. Even stuff like Stones that nobody here seems to like.

Welcome to pinball in 2022. If you want it, chances are it won't be cheap. Nothing to do with "millionaire collectors" or games gathering dust; they are getting played, just not by you cause you don't have one.

The only thing you "missed" was the chance to buy one at $5500 five years ago. They are out there if you want them.

#5 1 year ago

If you don't like the price of Aerosmith now that it is out of production and in a scarcity market...

You are really not going to like James Bond.

And every new Stern pinball currently sitting in a Dealer's showroom is going to go up to Bond prices as of January 1st.

Look at it this way... No more Aerosmith pinballs are ever going to be made. People have found out that Aerosmith was just a great pinball... even if you didn't like the band it's tons of fun, has delightful surprises, a great well-rounded pinball experience.

It's one of the good ones... so it's desirable.

Personally, I'm finding that the top of the market pricing for premium machines that sold new out of the box for a discounted price of $7699.00, are now selling for over $9000.00, and if you want one NOW, you might be looking at your only source offering it for $10,999.00.

People just need to accept that the new normal for quality pins is north of $10,000.00.

(Grins)

#6 1 year ago

Aerosmith is a great band and the pin isn't too shabby either. Even the pro is pretty good without the Elevator upper playfield. Its the first Stern to have a HD LCD display. The kicker that launches the ball into the toy chest still one of the coolest things in pinball. Are these prices the new normal...we'll see but for right now the sky's the limit.

2 in the market place currently LE for $19K and Premium for $11K both pretty pimped out.

#7 1 year ago

both owners are batshit crazy looking for a money grab, be patient pros pop up for 6k quite a bit. the premium started at $12,500 now he's down to 11k, just fishing for a sucker. and the le guy is completely off his rocker asking anywhere near that.

#8 1 year ago
Quoted from hAbO:

Aerosmith is a great band and the pin isn't too shabby either. Even the pro is pretty good without the Elevator upper playfield. Its the first Stern to have a HD LCD display. The kicker that launches the ball into the toy chest still one of the coolest things in pinball. Are these prices the new normal...we'll see but for right now the sky's the limit.
2 in the market place currently LE for $19K and Premium for $11K both pretty pimped out.

Pointless nitpicking:

I think Batman 66 was the first LCD game, followed by Aerosmith and GOTG?

#9 1 year ago
Quoted from OnGiglGas:

Recently played an Aerosmith Pro at a local arcade. Grew up in the 80’s so I was a big fan of the band. Game was really fun, but not over the top. I love the band games, so I checked the market. Holy crap!!! I didn’t realize they were made from gold. Is this game ONLY owned by millionaire collectors who never play them? Sheesh!

I wish I was millionaire. Takes some effort to get this one. I even drove through New Jersey to get it. Good location game. Normal people ask what kind of pinballs I have. They always comment on Aerosmith. I doubt stern will make a new game that has swear words.

#10 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Pointless nitpicking:
I think Batman 66 was the first LCD game, followed by Aerosmith and GOTG?

Star Wars before GotG according to IPDB. Batman ‘66 was the first SPIKE2, which is when they switched to LCD screens. Interesting they only made about 5 different commercial SPIKE games. Pretty short run.

#11 1 year ago

And has some of the best pinball artwork going. Amazing looking machine.

#12 1 year ago

A underrated machine for sure, not a lot for sale. I recently picked one up with a lot of plays on it and it shows zero wear. Back when Stern made good playfields! Anyone have a Dirty Donny Jackie for sale?

#13 1 year ago
Quoted from Gunnut40:

I doubt stern will make a new game that has swear words.

Stranger Things has 'Bull Sh!t' (switch frenzy) mode and they made a run of STh pros not that long ago, so no indication that is true.

#14 1 year ago
Quoted from Neal_W:

Stranger Things has 'Bull Sh!t' (switch frenzy) mode and they made a run of STh pros not that long ago, so no indication that is true.

True. I’m not sure why choose to do this in certain pins.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Machine - For Sale
Sadsburyville, PA
Machine - For Sale
Waxhaw, NC
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

6,984 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Grafton, WI
$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 12.75
$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 24.95
Playfield - Other
Gameroom Mods

Machine - For Sale
Terre Haute, IN
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aerosmithdid-i-miss-something and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.