Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_5619 (resized).PNG
IMG_5618 (resized).PNG
AS-ruleCards (resized).jpg
roadblock (resized).jpg
IMG_0273 (resized).PNG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider eskaybee.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4 7 years ago

Might want to check out this thread; the little fire next to the topic means it's hot with lots of activity.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-aerosmith-pinball/page/41#post-3648700

#38 7 years ago
Quoted from T7:

This seems like a good thing - otherwise you would have already made it to the wizard mode, and then it would have been too easy.

Roadblocks are never fun. They are like narrow highways that go nowhere; just keep chugging along doing the same thing over and over in hopes to reach an end.

#39 7 years ago

To add to that. There's really only 3 objectives in the pin: play (and complete song modes), play (and complete toys mb), play (and complete Elevator mb).

I like where the game is at for release code, it is fun and has potential. But, it needs more breadth, scoring opportunities, strategies. Less one lane highway driving; more off ramps, twists, and turns.

#47 7 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I sure hope so but many have been burned before believing that. As far as we know Stern is now releasing games more software complete at launch but then won't develop rulesets much further (besides bug fixes). We've already seen this with other new Stern releases. It sadly could be another form of price cutting, kinda like how the cereal companies charge the same price yet provide less in the box (except Stern is also charging more...). I hope I'm wrong.
Aerosmith looks cool but I'll wait and see how the code on it develops before even considering purchasing one.
There's a big difference between a game that offers a set of complete basic modes and another that offers unique and deep code that also add personality to the game.

Thing is, they are not shipping with more complete code. Lonnie has always had fantastic release code. Transformers, avengers, Star Trek were terrific out of the gate, but they never blossomsed into something unique. Lymans code is typically shallow out of the gate but matures in time.

It seems there is a difference between a player and a programmer. It seems the player, Lyman, will analyze the table and get a feel for its flow, dimensions, personality, brutality , Etc. then, he'll come up with unique rules that support the design of the table. we don't see that kind of dedication, or Eye so to speak, in some of the other programmers that can give a table it's own unique rule set.

Now don't get me wrong, as I stated before, Lonnie has terrific code out of the gate and I like what he does with a majority of his code. He's very good with choreography, affects, scoring balances, and overall theme integration. I would just like to see a player/programmer take that code and run with it, adding breadth and dynamics. And, that's why Lonnie + Lyman had some outstanding games together.

By the way, the only X factor in this whole code situation is Dwight. He's added an extra element to stern games that has been much needed and very welcoming. I would love to see what Lonnie , And even Dwight, could do with their code post release. And I think that's the frustration we see as collectors because programmers like Lyman and Keith Johnson, Who are damn good players, will continue to develop code post release.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.95
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Other
Gameroom Mods

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Machine - For Sale
Waxhaw, NC
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 60.00
Tools
Performance Pinball

6,984 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Grafton, WI
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 12.75
$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Machine - For Sale
Terre Haute, IN
Machine - For Sale
Sadsburyville, PA
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider eskaybee.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aerosmith-whats-your-impression?tu=eskaybee and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.