New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 193249)

Aerosmith vs Star Wars!

By Who-Dey

3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 22 posts
  • 16 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Nevus
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Aerosmith or Star Wars, which is the most fun?”

• Aerosmith Rocks! 58 votes
    75%
  • Star Wars for the win! 19 votes
    25%

(77 votes)

#1 3 years ago

Ok, we have two awesome new pins available from Stern right now......which game is the most fun? Please, only people who have played both respond, or at least have a good idea on why you like one over the other. Let's throw them in the ring and see who comes out on top!

Take a second and vote on the poll too please.....

3 weeks later
#2 3 years ago

Well now that you have seen both games what do you think? My vote goes to AS.......sleeper game of the year!

#4 3 years ago

Hard to say on this 2 games I like the Aerosmith rules it's my best game on my gameroom and I like the faster game play of Star wars but with sw the game have nothing on playfield, don't know the rules, no major features on playfield and to compare with this 2 games AS for me is more beautiful

#5 3 years ago

I was all set for Star Wars ,I had to sell a game for room and funds and was quite sure I would love almost any Star Wars stern came up with,then I played the pro and played it again and again hoping I would start to warm up to it and it was such a let down,I loved Aerosmith in the day and bought many of the albums but when it was announced I was not really interested and had no intention to buy one but there is a Aerosmith pro right next to the star wars pro at m brew in Michigan and thought what the heck and gave it a try, it was way more fun than sw Imho.and now there is a Aerosmith in the spot that was waiting for Star Wars,I am still shocked I would buy Aerosmith over a new Ster wars

#6 3 years ago

Tough call. I've got pinball money set aside and it's hard to say. I played the SW Premium yesterday and it was impressive! I haven't played the pro, but will get to play it next weekend. My gut is that I would want the wireforms and loop of the Premium on a Star Wars.

I played AS Pro and Premium at TPF in the Spring. AS is sweet, but I would prefer the pro. Better players than I have told me that the AS Premium is worth the extra as the mini PF makes it easier to complete the modes etc.

If it were dead even, I would go AS pro as best bang for the buck. But it's not even, It's Star Wars! I'll have to think about it before I leap.

#7 3 years ago

Pinball aside, I am a pretty big Star Wars fan, and I'm like ok on Aerosmith. I mean, I like some of their music, but not like I constantly have it on repeat as I'm driving down the road. So when I wound up with enough money to buy either machine from a couple of recent sales, I figured I'd be SW all the way.

I've not played SW, only seen video. But it just left me kinda...meh. I was able to play an AS Pro and was just stunned. Looked beautiful, played very fast, and the sound was amazing. I bought an AS Pro. My first NIB ever. Love it so far. Music in the game is GREAT, fits pinball like a glove.

Figure if down the road I want to sell it, I could do so and get an SW if I decide it's all that. But so far I'm just not seeing it with SW.

#8 3 years ago
Quoted from RDReynolds:

Pinball aside, I am a pretty big Star Wars fan, and I'm like ok on Aerosmith. I mean, I like some of their music, but not like I constantly have it on repeat as I'm driving down the road. So when I wound up with enough money to buy either machine from a couple of recent sales, I figured I'd be SW all the way.
I've not played SW, only seen video. But it just left me kinda...meh. I was able to play an AS Pro and was just stunned. Looked beautiful, played very fast, and the sound was amazing. I bought an AS Pro. My first NIB ever. Love it so far. Music in the game is GREAT, fits pinball like a glove.
Figure if down the road I want to sell it, I could do so and get an SW if I decide it's all that. But so far I'm just not seeing it with SW.

I am exactly in the same boat a you except I'm not a fan of the show Star Wars. I own AS Pro and love it but I've never played SW yet......I will be playing it in the next four days though. I do like what I see with SW though but my gut feeling says that I will like AS the best once I play SW. I'm not knocking SW, I actually believe it's going to be a very good game and I can't wait to play it. I get to play BM66 for the first time also when I go to play SW. I can't wait!

#9 3 years ago

AS wins on artwork and gimmicks, but Star Wars wins on theme and gameplay. The toy box isn't all that great after you see it a few times.

#10 3 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

AS wins on artwork and gimmicks, but Star Wars wins on theme and gameplay. The toy box isn't all that great after you see it a few times.

I have never been that enthused about the toy box, it's cool but like you said....once you see it a few times it's no big deal. What is a big deal though is how much fun the gameplay and the rules are of AS. The shots are very satisfying on this game and the rules and modes just feel perfect. AS is top notch. It's not deep in code but it's deep in fun!

#11 3 years ago
Quoted from Nevus:

Tough call. I've got pinball money set aside and it's hard to say. I played the SW Premium yesterday and it was impressive! I haven't played the pro, but will get to play it next weekend. My gut is that I would want the wireforms and loop of the Premium on a Star Wars.
I played AS Pro and Premium at TPF in the Spring. AS is sweet, but I would prefer the pro. Better players than I have told me that the AS Premium is worth the extra as the mini PF makes it easier to complete the modes etc.
If it were dead even, I would go AS pro as best bang for the buck. But it's not even, It's Star Wars! I'll have to think about it before I leap.

Where did you get to play a SW Prem?

Total suprise when I fell in love with AS at TPF and I bought one after. I know a couple of long time 20+ year in pinball pinheads get AS and say it is one of the most fun games they ever played.

I am grtting SW also ans will play the crap out of it. The sound and LCDs on the mewer Sterns is a gamechanger for me.

#12 3 years ago

Well I finally got to play Star Wars tonight and I can with 100% certainty say that AS blows Star Wars away!

#13 3 years ago
Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

Where did you get to play a SW Prem?

I played it at Stern. I toured the factory with my son on Friday.

#14 3 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Well I finally got to play Star Wars tonight and I can with 100% certainty say that AS blows Star Wars away!

No it doesn't, AS is a fine game but SW has better gameplay and a better theme.

#15 3 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Have to disagree on the toy box getting old, but even if it did, being able to select how many balls to take into multiball is brilliant.

#16 3 years ago

have both and both are great pins in their own way.

#17 3 years ago

Such strong opinions. You may like Ford, I prefer Chevy & would never buy a Dodge. But I really love everything about my Aerosmith pinball and haven't found anything that compares to it lately.

#18 3 years ago

Premium in each , for me, was clearly the best option.

#19 3 years ago

I haven't played Star Wars, yet (only seen the videos, including the Premium from a few days ago), but I DID play AS. It was okay. I didn't love it or hate it. With that in mind, just WATCHING the Star Wars videos had my heart pounding from the music, sound effects, and speed of the shots.

#20 3 years ago

Played both. Buying an AS. Like others, I am a big fan of Star Wars while I think Aerosmith's music is ok. AS just blew SW away IMO... for now. Music fits it nicely, artwork is incredible and the game play is much more to my liking than SW. If SW Premium comes a long way, I will be glad to revisit it down the line. But for now, I'm 100% in on AS.

#21 3 years ago

I went to a guys house. He was selling both. I bought Aerosmith.

#22 3 years ago

I played the Star Wars Pro today. I've decided to go with AS Pro for my next game. For SW, I would either like a Premium or wait a bit for code etc to come out. For me, SW Pro is just a little too pricey for what's on the PF.

AS Pro:
+ Art, Magnet, Toy Box (bash and multiball), catapult, Elevator area, metal and wire ramps, 2 scoops.
- Some songs only okay, songs painted into playfield so changing with browser is not seamless.

SW Pro:
+ Steve Ritchie flow, music and sound effects, drop target bank, It's Star Wars (microphone drop).
- No bash toy, no magnet, art restricted by license, no scoop.

To clarify, these are just things I prefer. I'm not here to bash Stern and I really like Steve Ritchie games. I hope they sell a ton of both of these games.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 5,899.00
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball
$ 24.25
Lighting - Other
The MOD Couple
$ 78.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pin Mods
$ 114.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room
Machine - For Sale
Cottonwood, AZ
4,700 (OBO)
Sale Pending!
York, PA
6,800 (OBO)
Sale Pending!
South Hero, VT
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 279.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
$ 84.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 16.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
$ 499.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
$ 7,599.00
Pinball Machine
Gulf Coast Pinball, LLC
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball
$ 26.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
$ 34.50
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
The MOD Couple
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 19.95
Electronics
Lermods
$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 53.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 349.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Jacksonville, FL
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside